2012 NFL Draft

Rey

@ your service
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2008
Florida
lol. and so what if they do have a close relationship?? like you said,excuses..........

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
The excuses beginning to flow in Cleveland?

If McCoy starts the opener next year if they aren't able to land one of the few FA QBs left (Flynn, with Henne, Orton, Cambell signed elsewhere) I wonder what the excuse will be then.

So what?(not to you Stevo, to Holmgren) I would "help out" a friend if the deals are pretty close....and let's be honest, they are not. 3 #1s are better than 2 #1s. I do not understand what the big deal on the Browns behalf.

meStevo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 20, 2004
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
via Twitter: 32 compensatory draft picks awarded today to 15 teams...Clev, GB & NYJ have most with 4 each.

Browns with these picks now have 13 this draft.

Edit: Full release out now, Raiders got 3 - PDF here: http://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/2012-compensatory-draft-picks2.pdf

Screen shot 2012-03-26 at 1.30.57 PM.png

Last edited:

JUCJ85

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 13, 2010
NY
26 players to attend draft NFL.com news: Andrew Luck, RG3 among top prospects to attend 2012 NFL Draft

1. Mark Barron, S, Alabama
2. Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State
3. Michael Brockers, DT, Louisiana State
4. Morris Claiborne, CB, Louisiana State
5. Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina
6. Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi State
7. Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford
8. Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame
9. Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina
10. Cordy Glenn, OT, Georgia
11. Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor
12. Dont'a Hightower, LB, Alabama
13. Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech
14. Melvin Ingram, DE, South Carolina
15. Matt Kalil, OT, Southern California
16. Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
17. Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
18. Shea McClellin, LB, Boise State
19. Nick Perry, DE, Southern California
20. Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis
21. Rueben Randle, WR, Louisiana State
22. Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
23. Devon Still, DT, Penn State
24. Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M
25. Courtney Upshaw, LB, Alabama
26. Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor

Rey

@ your service
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2008
Florida
so many mock drafts have miami selecting tannehill @ #8 . i'm getting a bad feeling with a pick like this. miami should attend to their other needs instead of investing their time and $$$ in questionable qb who will not play any time soon and may never be any good.

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
so many mock drafts have miami selecting tannehill @ #8 . i'm getting a bad feeling with a pick like this. miami should attend to their other needs instead of investing their time and $$$ in questionable qb who will not play any time soon and may never be any good.

Miami is in such a crappy situation. They tons of needs AND somehow put a$$e$$ in seats. IF they would have made some kind of splash during the free agency period, then they could have afforded to trade that #1 for a couple of picks. But now, they are stuck.

Rey

@ your service
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2008
Florida
Miami is in such a crappy situation. They tons of needs AND somehow put a$$e$$ in seats. IF they would have made some kind of splash during the free agency period, then they could have afforded to trade that #1 for a couple of picks. But now, they are stuck.

you got it. so they could either listen to some of the fans who want to draft tannehill,even trade up for him :facepalm or wait till next year and see what qb will be available and fill your other holes with some worthy talent at that #8 spot. winning will put butts in those seats. drafting a qb just for the sake of drafting one not having 1st round value will set you back even further. i do not envy irelands position at the moment.

Bodo Fenrirsson

On Vacation
Jul 21, 2009
Grovetown,GA
Here is a COMPLETE Mock Draft from NFL.com. From the 1st round to the 7th.

NFL.com news: 2012 NFL Mock Draft: Team-by-team picks for Rounds 1-7

I agree with the idea of the Broncos taking Brock Osweiler as a long term solution replacement for Peyton Manning,although I heard that he has the same elongated throw as Tim Tebow. At least hopefully Manning will be around long enough to help Osweiler perfect his throwing motion. I still think though that the Broncos should sign Vince Young to at least a one year contract as a short term solution if Peyton gets hurt or his neck gives him problems again this upcoming season.

JUCJ85

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 13, 2010
NY
you got it. so they could either listen to some of the fans who want to draft tannehill,even trade up for him :facepalm or wait till next year and see what qb will be available and fill your other holes with some worthy talent at that #8 spot. winning will put butts in those seats. drafting a qb just for the sake of drafting one not having 1st round value will set you back even further. i do not envy irelands position at the moment.

It's sad, they couldn't get Jim Harbaugh last year, then missed out on Peyton and Matt Flynn. Now the whole thing about Tannehill makes no sense. I would wait If i was them, 2013 will have some good QBs, Arkansas' Tyler Wilson, USC's Matt Barkley and even Oklahoma's Landry Jones.

Also not sure Tannehill would start from beginning, with David Garrard signed their.

Rey

@ your service
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2008
Florida
It's sad, they couldn't get Jim Harbaugh last year, then missed out on Peyton and Matt Flynn. Now the whole thing about Tannehill makes no sense. I would wait If i was them, 2013 will have some good QBs, Arkansas' Tyler Wilson, USC's Matt Barkley and even Oklahoma's Landry Jones.

Also not sure Tannehill would start from beginning, with David Garrard signed their.
I think they actually passed on Flynn which speaks volume since our HC knows everything about Flynn. But I agree with what you said. Let's wait or draft other Qbs in the 2nd round who are pretty much at Ryan's level. Unless our offensive coordinator knows something we don't. He coached Ryan in college.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)