2012 NFL Draft

I agree with the idea of the Broncos taking Brock Osweiler as a long term solution replacement for Peyton Manning,although I heard that he has the same elongated throw as Tim Tebow. At least hopefully Manning will be around long enough to help Osweiler perfect his throwing motion. I still think though that the Broncos should sign Vince Young to at least a one year contract as a short term solution if Peyton gets hurt or his neck gives him problems again this upcoming season.

Vince Young? Seriously?!?!?!

Broncos want nothing to do with that guy. Bill Polian gave him an F grade of QB's drafted in the last 10 years.

(HATE the edit notification below)

Last edited:
It's sad, they couldn't get Jim Harbaugh last year, then missed out on Peyton and Matt Flynn. Now the whole thing about Tannehill makes no sense. I would wait If i was them, 2013 will have some good QBs, Arkansas' Tyler Wilson, USC's Matt Barkley and even Oklahoma's Landry Jones.

Also not sure Tannehill would start from beginning, with David Garrard signed their.

Matt Moore should be the starter this year, I would think.

Not surprising at all, but an interesting look -

California, Florida, Texas top rest in producing NFL players
NFL.com
Published: April 25, 2012 at 04:59 p.m.

It's much easier to root for the home team when the home team is drafting the local hero. Just ask the Steelers who passed on local product Dan Marino in 1983. But here's a look at some recent stats of teams drafting players from its home state. The results might surprise you.
draftbystate.jpg

Last edited:
If I'm understanding that chart correctly the numbers I see under each year is the where the player was picked in the draft?

rey_1178 said:
I think they actually passed on Flynn which speaks volume since our HC knows everything about Flynn. But I agree with what you said. Let's wait or draft other Qbs in the 2nd round who are pretty much at Ryan's level. Unless our offensive coordinator knows something we don't. He coached Ryan in college.

They didn't pass on him. All indications show they lowballed him just because they had his former coordinator from Green Bay. They, as in the 'Phins, thought he would come automatically for cheap.

They didn't pass on him. All indications show they lowballed him just because they had his former coordinator from Green Bay. They, as in the 'Phins, thought he would come automatically for cheap.

I disagree.They did pass on flynn because if they really wanted him the fins had the money to get the guy. Why over pay a player you know ain't worth that amount of money? Miami has made a lot of crappy decisions but Here I have to trust the person who knew Flynn the best.To me they made the right decision ON THIS lol!

rey_1178 said:
I disagree.They did pass on flynn because if they really wanted him the fins had the money to get the guy. Why over pay a player you know ain't worth that amount of money? Miami has made a lot of crappy decisions but Here I have to trust the person who knew Flynn the best.To me they made the right decision ON THIS lol!

Do me a favor, I am sending from my phone...do a quick search on him online in both ESPN, NFL Network and Pro Football Talk. Then read his comments about why he signed with the Seahawks... You will see exactly what I mean. ;-)

Vince Young? Seriously?!?!?!

Broncos want nothing to do with that guy. Bill Polian gave him an F grade of QB's drafted in the last 10 years.

(HATE the edit notification below)

I think Vince Young is worth the short term gamble for one season. If he doesn't work out,you can always release him. C'mon,the Broncos have Peyton Manning,you're not signing VY to be your starter,but to be a valuable back up until the QB you drafted(Brock Osweiler? Brandon Weeden? Kirk Cousins?) is ready to take over the role as back up & eventual successor to Peyton.

Do me a favor, I am sending from my phone...do a quick search on him online in both ESPN, NFL Network and Pro Football Talk. Then read his comments about why he signed with the Seahawks... You will see exactly what I mean. ;-)

i read that already before papo. on to tonight,looking forward to what they do :). if they draft ryan it would be because sherman is on board with this guy since he knows him the best. i would rather not but please don't move up in the draft for this qb.if he's there at #8 and that's who you want then go for it :/

please please please let Kendall Reyes go to a northeastern team - most mocks have him going to Pats - would suit me just fine.

Tonight draft night! So who are the corespondents for tonight's draft :)

I am sure everyone will chime in. I have a feeling there is gonna be some wheelin' and dealin' tonight. Hell, there is already the heavy rumor that the JETS will move UP to #4 to draft Alabama's Richardson as the #4 overall pick.

With the Browns expected to take Richardson in many mocks, that'd have to be a mighty sweet deal to trade down and give him up.

Liking the mocks having the Chiefs take Baron or Hightower, from what little I've seen they'd both have a pretty big impact right away.

Aside from the Dolpins looks like a lot of the Tannehill hype as died down.

Looking forward to tonight and finding out the truth among all the smokescreens.

Should be a interesting draft hopeing the lions can make some deal to beef up second round picks

Compared to last year I dont think this draft will be that exciting. Aren't a bunch of QBs and WRs to reach for really like last year.

Just looking forward to it in general :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)