2012 NFL Draft

Jason Campbell says hello...

:hatsoff:

Sandra

I would LOVE Campbell to comeback as a Raider next year and push Carson Palmer for the starters job. This is not up to the Raiders, it is up to Campbell since HE is the free agent at the end of this year. The question is, will he sign a contract knowing he may not start. He wants to be a starter. Sign dotted line and fight for your position.:D

Homework is nice...;)

And by the way lets all stay on topic and lose the sarcastic comments thrown at each other because I will nuke those kind of posts. So continue to debate without making it personal.

But you DID see where he said he does not play in a "fluff conference"....right? LOL! THAT insinuates they would.

Don't read too much into what I may or may not have said. You'll get a headache. Lol. I'm just saying there's a difference in playing in the AFC North the West.

SandraC said:
Not sure what 'some of your own medicine' means in relation to your post, but whatever. Please don't even try to explain it. I'm asking nicely.

While it may be true that the Packers and Patriots are not the worst defenses in every single category, it remains that both defenses are very bad. Period. Ask Dan Orlovsky.

Bottom line is that because of only one guy on each team, the Packers and Patriots are Super Bowl contenders...perhaps even favorites. Without that one guy, the takeaways (and every other stat) are irrelevant.

And to get BACK ON TOPIC...find a franchise QB. It means sooooooo much more than any other position on the field. This is a QB league.

Sandra

Points allowed

Patriots 321
Packers 318

JETS 344

Who has one of the worst defenses?

I don't mean to throw the Jets at you, but the NFL is about points not yards.

But, I do agree with you about the franchise qb, you could win with a generational defense like the 2000 Ravens or 1985 Bears, but that's not happening anymore in today's NFL.

Points allowed

Patriots 321
Packers 318

JETS 344

Who has one of the worst defenses?

Please. While it must be said Sanchez has been responsible for a lot of the points against, the Jets defense has been horrendous this year.

You don't want to be comparing your team's defense to the Jets' defense!

But, I do agree with you about the franchise qb, you could win with a generational defense like the 2000 Ravens or 1985 Bears, but that's not happening anymore in today's NFL.

Exactly. The Ravens are the recent team everyone mentions to say you don't need a great QB...but like you said that's a generational defense we may never see again.

Sandra

I would LOVE Campbell to comeback as a Raider next year and push Carson Palmer for the starters job. This is not up to the Raiders, it is up to Campbell since HE is the free agent at the end of this year. The question is, will he sign a contract knowing he may not start. He wants to be a starter. Sign dotted line and fight for your position.:D

Homework is nice...;)

Jason Campbell is too smart to think he has a chance to compete with Palmer next year, because of some homework:

The Raiders also renegotiated Palmer's contract, giving him a $2.5 million guaranteed deal for the rest of this season, $12.5 million with $5 million guaranteed in 2012, $13 million in 2013 and $15 million in 2014.

Ain't happening. He'll go somewhere that actually has a competition for QB.

Back to the point. Campbell out, Palmer in...microwave society, just like you said.

Sandra

Jason Campbell is too smart to think he has a chance to compete with Palmer next year, because of some homework:

Ain't happening. He'll go somewhere that actually has a competition for QB.

Back to the point. Campbell out, Palmer in...microwave society, just like you said.

Sandra

That is ASSUMING Palmer does not blow his chance. By the way, did you happen to notice, while doing your homework...that Orton was make way more money than Tebow, yet Orton did not perform...and then got released? It happens in the NFL. Just gotta dig a little deeper than just things on the surface. :)

Totally agree with this. But I think we have gotten to the point that IF a QB does not produce in 1 season as a starter....he is done, move on to the next thing.

That is ASSUMING Palmer does not blow his chance. By the way, did you happen to notice, while doing your homework...that Orton was make way more money than Tebow, yet Orton did not perform...and then got released? It happens in the NFL. Just gotta dig a little deeper than just things on the surface. :)

The point is really that the Raiders did just what you said...Campbell out of the microwave, and Palmer in. Whether Campbell decides to try to win his job back from Palmer is a separate issue.

Sandra

On many teams, Palmer would have blown his chance with his performance this year, but the investment the Raiders have made in him is probably too much for a new GM/HC to be able to move on, in addition to a lack of draft picks to bring in an alternative to develop.

The right side of our offensive line could use some work. The injury to Steinbach didn't help either.

We drafted Greg Little out of UNC last year. He's turned out to be pretty decent, but besides him, we don't really have any other options. Robiskie was such a bust, we cut him. Massaquoi has also been a disappointment.

And yes, we traded with Atlanta last year. In swapping picks for them to move up to get Julio Jones, we also got their #1 pick this year.

So you swapped the #6 pick, could have been Jones, for this years probably 20-32 pick ?

How many catches does that #1 pick this year have for you ?

It would probably take both your # 1's to get to Luck this year, just because they know what your attempting to do.

If you have a chance to draft what you think will be an elite quarterback...do it.

Look at the state of the current NFL. New England and Green Bay, have the two worst defenses in the ENTIRE NFL...but both have extremely good chances to make it to the Super Bowl.

Because of their quarterback. One guy on each team. That's it. Without Rodgers or Brady, they're the Colts of this year.

Sandra

I disagree, take Gronkowski and Welker off the team and you would go no where.

So you swapped the #6 pick, could have been Jones, for this years probably 20-32 pick ?

It would probably take both your # 1's to get to Luck this year, just because they know what your attempting to do.

Didn't the Browns get a 1st, 2nd and 3rd or 4th last year (I forget), and a 1st and 3rd or 4th next year...all for the one draft pick? Or was another team involved too? Can't remember.

Either way I remember thinking it was a crazy trade for Atlanta considering they already has Roddy White.

Sandra

I'd agree with this about most teams, but the Patriots seem to be really good with this 'next man up' business, if Gronk didn't get these numbers Hernandez would have had another amazing year, or whomever is next on the depth chart. Pioli obviously wasn't the source of all of their great personnel moves.

Well, take away half their receiving corps, and they would certainly have a problem! Then again, the Colts were losing receivers left and right last year, and Peyton just kept throwing to the 'next man up'!

Either way, losing Gronkowski OR Welker would be unfortunate. Losing Brady would be devastating.

Sandra

Totally agree with this. But I think we have gotten to the point that IF a QB does not produce in 1 season as a starter....he is done, move on to the next thing.

In SOME instances, not hardly all.

Stafford didn't really produce till this year.
That said, you could see it coming if he got healthy.

The point is really that the Raiders did just what you said...Campbell out of the microwave, and Palmer in. Whether Campbell decides to try to win his job back from Palmer is a separate issue.

Sandra

LMAO! When they lost Campbell to a possible(and now legit) season ending injury, they had no choice. A team that was a legit playoff team was gonna give the reins to Kyle Boller? Really? Seriously?! I am sure as hell that if YOUR Jets were in 1st place in a division that does not seperate you very much between 1st and 2nd place teams...that franchise was NOT gonna had the starting job for the rest of the reason to Mark Brunnell. Campbell had not signed a contract for the next year. AND Pryor was too green.

PLEASE stop... You are trying to argue something you will not win. There is a HUGE difference between having a QB signed that has performed well considering the circumstances and NOT injured...and another where a QB suffers a season ended injury with no contract signed for next year....BIG difference.

Almost. Not only did we swap 2011 1st round picks, but we also recieved their 2nd and 4th round picks in 2011 and 1st and 4th round picks in 2012. With last year's 1st round swap, we selected DT Phil Taylor who looks pretty good.

Greg Little has 61 receptions. Julio Jones has 50. Last I checked, Little was among the top in receptions for a rookie. And he was selected in the 2nd round.

I agree. And if the Browns think he is in fact an ELITE QB, I would do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts