2012 NFL Draft

With the rest of the NFL seeing the success that the Broncos are having with Tebow,especially if they continue to advance in the playoffs,any team could easily modify their offense to accomodate RGIII's strengths. Tebow's success may also make Vince Young a valuable commodity again. Big mobile QB's like Tim Tebow,Cam Newton,& even a healthy Ben Roethlisberger is the wave of the future in the NFL.

Add to that how the entire NFL rules structure is formulated to basically convert the league into a pass happy league(10 QB with at least 4,000 yards and 3 with at least 5,000 yards. Average amount of completions over 20 yards... 35+ per QB... Average amount of completion over 40+... 12 per QB)

Add to that how the entire NFL rules structure is formulated to basically convert the league into a pass happy league(10 QB with at least 4,000 yards and 3 with at least 5,000 yards. Average amount of completions over 20 yards... 35+ per QB... Average amount of completion over 40+... 12 per QB)

This is just as much a product of there being a very good group of QBs currently helming teams. Look at previous years and tell me who should be 4k+ passers. In 2008 you have Brees at 5k, then Warner, Cutler, Rivers, Rodgers all 4k and then TWELVE QBs at 3000+. This year you have a few over 5k, 7 with 4k+ and 10 with 3k+. I'd be surprised to see a repeat performance and there haven't really been a lot of rule changes this past offseason. In fact I remember people here saying that scoring would go down because of the new kickoff rules...

People like to point to the rules as if they've done 100% of this, but there's always been an ebb and flow int he NFL. Passing increases, rushing declines, then the reverse happens. The rules certainly have influenced this, but they don't get all of the credit. This could be the best group of QBs we ever see play the game.

meStevo said:
People like to point to the rules as if they've done 100% of this, but there's always been an ebb and flow int he NFL. Passing increases, rushing declines, then the reverse happens. The rules certainly have influenced this, but they don't get all of the credit. This could be the best group of QBs we ever see play the game.

At no point did my statement say that the rule change is 100% the reason. The rules in the NFL are there to protect the passer...there is no denying, with all this protection I am expecting higher numbers as in more QBs throwing for more yards compared to 10, even 5 years ago.

Toledo Rocket, Star Wide Receiver, KR, Eric Page has decided to go Pro !

Was hoping he was gonna stay, but realistically it a great move for him.

I'm sure you'll know the name once he gets on the field.

Good Luck Eric !
Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Jimbo said:
Toledo Rocket, Star Wide Receiver, KR, Eric Page has decided to go Pro !

Was hoping he was gonna stay, but realistically it a great move for him.

I'm sure you'll know the name once he gets on the field.

Good Luck Eric !

Most of you don't know, but Eric is 4th on the list of College Recievers in ALL TIME Catches.
Would have shattered that record had he come back, but sad numbers don't mean that much to him.

Most of you don't know, but Eric is 4th on the list of College Recievers in ALL TIME Catches.
Would have shattered that record had he come back, but sad numbers don't mean that much to him.

$$$.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

LOL yeah numbers mean a lot to him. The numbers on his paycheck! Pretty sure the rest of you guys would feel the exact same way.

Sandra

Should have said Records don't mean that much to him.
He seems like a pretty down to earth guy too ...

In Kiper's latest mock, he has the Browns selecting RGIII and Kendall Wright (WR, Baylor) in the first round. In the scouting reports I've been reading, Wright is in the same mold as Mike Wallace. Needless to say, I'd be super excited if those two picks panned out.

In Kiper's latest mock, he has the Browns selecting RGIII and Kendall Wright (WR, Baylor) in the first round. In the scouting reports I've been reading, Wright is in the same mold as Mike Wallace. Needless to say, I'd be super excited if those two picks panned out.

That will happen IF no one trades up to get RGIII.

I'm shocked that 6ft. 8in. Arizona State Junior QB Brock Osweiler is coming out early for the NFL draft. Obviously I don't see him as a first rounder & he is a work in progress,so who do you see taking a chance on him? One thing he has going for him is that he is so tall,it'll be hard for defensive linemen to knock his passes down,unless they are "Ed 'Too Tall' Jones" tall.

Fact: If the Colts keep Manning and draft Luck, it will cost them $51.5 million next year.

Anyone still think the Colts will have both QB's on the roster next year? Not a sound business decision IMO. That's a lot of money tied up in 2 guys when only 1 can play.

Fact: If the Colts keep Manning and draft Luck, it will cost them $51.5 million next year.

Anyone still think the Colts will have both QB's on the roster next year? Not a sound business decision IMO. That's a lot of money tied up in 2 guys when only 1 can play.

This has been my contention all along. You simply can't tie up that kind of money at one position, and still be able to fill out an NFL quality roster.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)