2012 NFL Draft

It'd be hilarious after all the hype, the announcers of the Baylor game that just ended painted a pretty good picture of RGIII not really having anything else to gain in college though, after winning the Heisman, a bowl game, and having his degree already, and not being on a team that will compete for the national championship.

The quicker they get into their rookie contract the sooner they can get their blockbuster deal if they are as good as advertised.

I thought it would be hilarious if Andrew Luck went to the Canadian League instead and go on to be the most prolific passer in the history of the league.

It would also be funny if he became a rocket scientist like Craig Krenzel, decided to go into the MMA, or ate himself right out of football.

Sandra

Last edited:
Maybe Andrew Luck will stay in college another year because he wants to compete with Matt Barkley for the national championship(Stanford versus Southern Cal). Also,like I said before,if RGIII thinks that he has a legitimate shot to make the US Olympic team as a hurdler,he'll most likely stay in school too. Landry Jones aint coming out early PERIOD.

Maybe Andrew Luck will stay in college another year because he wants to compete with Matt Barkley for the national championship(Stanford versus Southern Cal). Also,like I said before,if RGIII thinks that he has a legitimate shot to make the US Olympic team as a hurdler,he'll most likely stay in school too. Landry Jones aint coming out early PERIOD.

RGIII's future isn't as an Olympian, it's as an NFL QB. With that said, his stock won't get much higher than where it is now. (Heisman winner, 2nd highest rated QB next to Luck, already earned his degree, etc.) The smart thing to do for him and his future career would be to come out now.

As for Luck, same can be said for him. He's the #1 rated QB. By going back, he would only risk his future earnings by either getting hurt, or exposing some sort of flaw we haven't seen yet.

With both of them though, we can all speculate both stances until they finally come out and declare one way or the other.

RGIII's future isn't as an Olympian, it's as an NFL QB. With that said, his stock won't get much higher than where it is now. (Heisman winner, 2nd highest rated QB next to Luck, already earned his degree, etc.) The smart thing to do for him and his future career would be to come out now.

As for Luck, same can be said for him. He's the #1 rated QB. By going back, he would only risk his future earnings by either getting hurt, or exposing some sort of flaw we haven't seen yet.

With both of them though, we can all speculate both stances until they finally come out and declare one way or the other.

For RGIII a chance to participate in the Olympics is a once in a lifetime thing. Maybe he will come out,get drafted,& then not sign a contract until after the Olympics is over if he made the team. Somehow I don't think that playing in the NFL International Series in London has the same aura as competing in the Olympics. Once his event is over,or he fails to place for a medal(& as long as they don't put him on any relay team like the 400 meter relay),he can just come home early & report to NFL camp.

As far as Andrew Luck goes,what if a chance for a Rhodes Scholarship comes up? That's just a year overseas,then he can come back & play in the NFL.

AND Landry Jones aint coming out early PERIOD. In fact,if he did,that would be the biggest surprise of the 2012 NFL draft,bigger than Luck & LGIII not coming out.

I don't know about you...but I would LOVE to be an Olympian and represent my country! But maybe that is me...

I don't know about you...but I would LOVE to be an Olympian and represent my country! But maybe that is me...
i would too but his best shot at being drafted the highest possible is this upcoming draft. if that's not what's most important to him then he should go with what he thinks is best.

salsadancer7 said:

So would I, but making millions of dollars to support my family would be bigger for me.

royrdsjr said:

Luck has already said he is entering the draft.

Griffin hasn't run track since high school, so that's not happening.

Well,RGIII has actually graduated from college. On Wikipedia it says that he is studying for a Masters degree,so maybe he will come out early. He also last ran track in 2008 for Baylor & advanced to the semi finals for the U.S. Olympic trials(but then I guess that was for the Beijing Olympics).

The Indianapolis Colts win the Andrew Luck Sweepstakes. Also,unless the Vikings REALLY believe that Christian Ponder is the answer at QB,they should draft RGIII if he is really coming out early.

It would also be funny if he became a rocket scientist like Craig Krenzel, decided to go into the MMA, or ate himself right out of football.

Sandra

That would be funny, because isn't he studying to become an architect?? :p

Not that I can remember, he was going into something very specific when he graduated, I was thinking Molecular Biologist of something like that.

The Indianapolis Colts win the Andrew Luck Sweepstakes. Also,unless the Vikings REALLY believe that Christian Ponder is the answer at QB,they should draft RGIII if he is really coming out early.

Maybe Indy will run a reverse and take RGIII, thus allowing Peyton to came back and play if he's healthy without all the hoopla of Luck being there and RGIII plays in mop up and learns from Peyton for a year or two.

How many years does Peyton have left on his current contract ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts