2012 NFL Draft

HD MM said:
Washington Redskins rumored to move up to #2 to take RG3. Thoughts?

All I can say with any certainty is that whatever the 'Skins" do in the draft, their decision-making will be wrong and any player selected will most likely be a dud. Just like my sister's Mystery Date game (circa 1960s) there is no "Dream" waiting behind the door. Anything golden that Dan Snyder touches quickly turns to lead and sinks.

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App

Fact: If the Colts keep Manning and draft Luck, it will cost them $51.5 million next year.

Anyone still think the Colts will have both QB's on the roster next year? Not a sound business decision IMO. That's a lot of money tied up in 2 guys when only 1 can play.

Out of pocket doesn't equal cap hit though. While still a lot, Manning will cost them about $18m against the cap ($4m from signing bonus + $7m of the $28m bonus he gets next month + his $7m salary). If he's released, he'll still count for roughly half that over the next 2 seasons I think for bonus money not yet accounted for against the cap. Paying him ratchets up his dead money to $44m though, if he's released at some point the year or two following it's pretty painful cap-wise.

that the fins have no shot at a good qb in the draft :(

You have Brandon Weeden of Oklahoma State who everybody is saying is "too old," but my response to that is "Roger Staubach." He was no spring chicken either his rookie season,& to top it off,he served in the navy(5 years?) after graduating from Annapolis,so he'd be a little to a lot rusty when he got to pre-season camp for the Cowboys,but look how he turned out. At least there will be no gap between Weeden's graduation & the NFL Combine & draft. You also have Ryan Tannehill of Texas A&M. You have the "wonder midgets" 5ft,11in. Russell Wilson of Wisconsin & Kellen Moore of Boise State who's not much taller. You have Kirk Cousins of Michigan State. Lastly,you have my 6ft.,8in. "darkhorse" & polar opposite(height wise) of the "wonder midgets," Brock Osweiler of Arizona State.However,if you are looking for franchise first round QB's,you'll have to wait until 2013 for Matt Barkley & Landry Jones.

Speaking of Brock Osweiler,I'm reminded of the maxim,"you can't teach height." Whether his throws reach the receivers or even their zip code is another matter,however......unless he passes like Bernie Kosar,I doubt his passes will get batted down at the line of scrimmage.

For anyone with SiriusXM radio, a major programming note:

Colts quarterback Andrew Luck joins us on the Sirius XM Blitz next hour! You read that correctly.

For anyone with SiriusXM radio, a major programming note:

Colts quarterback Andrew Luck joins us on the Sirius XM Blitz next hour! You read that correctly.

LOL! They already have him as the Colts QB. Oops!

MAYBE, just maybe, they have already signed him, not likely, but possible.

You can sign the 1st pick well ahead of the draft, thats been done before, but never THIS early !!!

Yeah, I've read some of the 'and he STILL rushed for 94 yards in the BCS championship' remarks and can't help but chuckle... maybe his knee injury is why it took all game before he could finally break that 34 yard run and get 1/3 of his yardage for the day on a single play.

It will be some time before RBs are worth taking at the top of the draft again, they're just getting so beat up. The rookie wage scale works against the good ones too... sign a 4 year rookie deal and by the time it's done they could have 5000 yards on their treads, 1-2 breakout years, and potentially already on the decline.

"There's a growing sense that the Cleveland Browns should trade up and draft Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III. I'm here to tell you that the Browns must do it!"

No decision: Browns must trade up for RG3 - AFC North Blog - ESPN

And LOOK! He's even wearing Orange! It's a sign!!!

nfl_a_rg3combine_576.jpg

The St. Louis Rams are gonna be rich!

New coach in Jeff Fisher
Healthy QB to start the season in Sam Bradford
Brandon Lloyd at one WR
Healthy Steve Jackson at RB.

2 #1 from Cleveland at the VERY LEAST and maybe more.

WOW.....

The St. Louis Rams are gonna be rich!

New coach in Jeff Fisher
Healthy QB to start the season in Sam Bradford
Brandon Lloyd at one WR
Healthy Steve Jackson at RB.

2 #1 from Cleveland at the VERY LEAST and maybe more.

WOW.....

Meh.

They have to swap us their #1 in the trade so they'll only have an extra pick, a #22 overall. Big woop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)