2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs

I saw that when the SC Finals schedule came out. Since NBC and Versus/NBCSN took over the Finals package, two of the games have been on cable. However, IMO there's NO WAY a potential title clinching game should not be on OTA.

If they insist on two of the games being on cable, it should be games 2 and 3. The opener and games 4,5,6 and 7 should be OTA.

Should that situation arise for game 4, will it be the first major professional sports championship not to be aired OTA?

Of course it did, Bill. I totally forgot about ESPN and the NHL. Thankfully, so will everyone else. Thanks.

lol......I agree, ESPN S-U-C-K-E-D at carrying the NHL. It was like they were going through the motions when they were televising the games.

However, I hate to admit it, but there's a LOT more eyeballs on ESPN than there is on NBCSN. Hopefully this thing goes at least five, and the SC Champion can deservedly skate around the Cup in front of a national OTA audience.

Whether it goes 4 or 7 games. The skilled veteran Justin "The Assassin" Williams has all but assured The L.A. Kings their first Stanley Cup!!!!:righton:

This makes up for Lakers Clippers Angels and Dodgers lack of winning a championship in last seasons at least :D

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

This city and these fans deserve a sweep and a chaotic (but peaceful) celebration of NHL history tomorrow night at L.A. Live. And The Devils (with all due respect) need to be put out of their misery ASAP.

This city and these fans deserve a sweep and a chaotic (but peaceful) celebration of NHL history tomorrow night at L.A. Live. And The Devils (with all due respect) need to be put out of their misery ASAP.

Well how diferent are the Lakers fans compared to the Kings at Staples Center?? That will be known tomorrow night if L.A wins game 4 :eek:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Big talk on the radio this A.M. is the battle/negotiation going on between the Kings and NBC L.A. The Kings want Game 4 to be aired on their OTA NBC 4. (Evidently fans with Dish and other providers do not have access to NBCSN). The Kings big push on it is that it will not take away from Prime Time (unless it goes overtime) and only pre-empt news and entertainment programs. The Kings had tweeted that the deal was worked out but NBC 4 has tweeted that it it nowhere near true. We shall see!

KCK_Halo said:
Big talk on the radio this A.M. is the battle/negotiation going on between the Kings and NBC L.A. The Kings want Game 4 to be aired on their OTA NBC 4. (Evidently fans with Dish and other providers do not have access to NBCSN). The Kings big push on it is that it will not take away from Prime Time (unless it goes overtime) and only pre-empt news and entertainment programs. The Kings had tweeted that the deal was worked out but NBC 4 has tweeted that it it nowhere near true. We shall see!

I cannot see why not. Most of the prime time shows have ended their seasons and are now into repeat mode. That would be awesome for LA hockey fans.

Five years ago today, Lord Stanley's Cup was won here in SoCal by the Anaheim Ducks. The Lord's Cup is back in SoCal tonight. Will it be awarded to SoCal's other NHL team? Wouldn't that be a great way to celebrate that anniversary?

Tonight could be the night.

A bad omen for New Jersey- the last time a team down 3-0 in the Cup Finals won game 4 was 1981. Since then, all teams up 3-0 in a Cup Finals got out the brooms.

Five years ago today, Lord Stanley's Cup was won here in SoCal by the Anaheim Ducks. The Lord's Cup is back in SoCal tonight. Will it be awarded to SoCal's other NHL team? Wouldn't that be a great way to celebrate that anniversary?

I would be OK with it as long as Jeff Carter doesn't get any credit for the cup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts