2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Bill, this city is buzzing sports wise as I have never seen it before. And the happiest thing of all is that I'm hearing and reading more excitement about the Kings than the Clippers or Lakers. If the Kings win tonight Sunday will be absolutely a zoo in the L.A. Live area. The Lakers game may be anti-climactic at that point.

Plus, the Dodgers bring their winning ways back to Chavez Ravine for the weekend and that is not too far from downtown.

We've had a couple of springs like that with the Celtics/Bruins/Red Sox. This time of year can be a lot of fun when the local teams are successful. :)

A couple of facts to put this historic Kings run in perspective:

* The Kings have won nine straight playoff games on the road dating back to last season, tying them with the Islanders (1982-83) for the longest streak in NHL history

* The Kings are 10-1 this postseason, which is tied for the best postseason start in the NHL since 1980

WOW!!!!

A couple of facts to put this historic Kings run in perspective:

* The Kings have won nine straight playoff games on the road dating back to last season, tying them with the Islanders (1982-83) for the longest streak in NHL history

* The Kings are 10-1 this postseason, which is tied for the best postseason start in the NHL since 1980

WOW!!!!

I said it before...whatever happened between April 7th and 11th is the key. That plus whatever Sutter is putting in the team's water bottles!

I'm scared, guys. I know! I know! All I have to do is read a sports website or listen to the sports shows and know that they are now using the word "Destiny" alongside the KIngs' logo. (A word that coach eschewed in the post game yesterday!) But this one game will be the hardest game that this team will have to win. One game gets them into the SC Finals. Mentally it has to be really playing with them...because I know it sure is with me!!! This is supposed to be a joyous, sports-soaked weekend here in sunny, funny L.A. However, my stomach is in knots wishing it were 48 hours from now. As much as this could be one of the greatest stories ever told, all Phoenix has to do is really focus and keep things clear for that fabulous goalie of theirs and it could well be one of the greatest sports collapses ever. I need some Maalox!!!!

rangers could get upset with them going 7 games in both rounds and kings i believe will win it all :)

They are there...the Kings are in the Stanley Cup Finals! Much more work to be done.

Congrats, KCK!! This year's Kings are, without a doubt, destiny's darlings!!

The Kings will now be off untill the SC Finals start next Wednesday night.

Thank you, sir! I was anxious when they hardly showed up on Sunday but I'm glad it's over for this round. A good rest has helped them in between each round thus far. Hopefully NY or NJ will drag it out to the bitter end and come into the Finals on life-support. I shall sit back, enjoy watching the Eastern battle and then prepare for whatever Lord Stanley has in mind come a week from today.

I'm very much looking forward to the SC Finals!!

A #6 seed vs. a #8 seed...WOW!!! The Devils have home ice advantage in round 4, after not having it in rounds 1-3. Has that ever happened before? Anyway, IMO, this is LA's Cup to lose. Kings in 6

Stanley Cup Finals schedule

Wed. 5/30- @ NJ- 8:00pm ET (NBC)
Sat. 6/2- @ NJ- 8:00pm ET (NBC)
Mon. 6/4- @ LA- 8:00pm ET (NBCSN)
Wed. 6/6- @ LA- 8:00pm ET (NBCSN)
Sat. 6/9- @ NJ- 8:00pm ET (NBC) *if necessary
Mon. 6/11- @ LA- 8:00pm ET (NBC) *if necessary
Wed. 6/13- @ NJ- 8:00pm ET (NBC) *if necessary

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)