2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Am very surprised how good the kings are doing compared to the last time they were this far 20yrs ago under Barry Melrose.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

The Rangers definately had their legs back for the final game. They looked fast. Game 6 they didnt even look like they cared to be there. of course when you lay on the ice getting hit with pucks it probably takes a huge toll. I hope they look fresh tonight.

And this is why it looks that way:
"I don't look at it as a remarkable run," said Kings coach Darryl Sutter in his typically unimpressed manner. "I think we won the first game. We are going to have to play better next game than we did tonight, I know that."
His team had just all-but-deflated the tires on the bus of the Yotes' run for the Cup and Coach is saying what they've done so far isn't anything to marvel at. They need to play BETTER!!!!:eek:

Good thing is...the team is buying into his mantra and IT'S WORKING!!!

And this is why it looks that way:
"I don't look at it as a remarkable run," said Kings coach Darryl Sutter in his typically unimpressed manner. "I think we won the first game. We are going to have to play better next game than we did tonight, I know that."
His team had just all-but-deflated the tires on the bus of the Yotes' run for the Cup and Coach is saying what they've done so far isn't anything to marvel at. They need to play BETTER!!!!:eek:

Good thing is...the team is buying into his mantra and IT'S WORKING!!!

In all my years following sports, I can't recall another example where a team just barely made the playoffs, and then just DOMINATED in the playoffs.

Forget the fact we're talking about a #8 seed, this would be dominating at historic proportions if we were talking about a #1 seed.

In all my years following sports, I can't recall another example where a team just barely made the playoffs, and then just DOMINATED in the playoffs.

Forget the fact we're talking about a #8 seed, this would be dominating at historic proportions if we were talking about a #1 seed.

True Bill. And (not to beat a dead horse) please remember that this same team fell way out of favor with it's fan base the final 2 games of the regular season when a win on Thursday night would have guaranteed them 3rd place and they could have coasted the final game. Instead the lost both games and lollygagged into 8th place. There was lots of displeasure and very little hope with mighty Vancouver looming in the Quarter Finals. Whatever happened between April 7th and April 11th may well go down as the greatest team-turn-around in history.

Make no mistake, there are still some huge games to play thru before we can say that. But it is just awesome to watch this dominance in play night after night.

The start of an INSANE four days and nights at Staples!!

Bill, this city is buzzing sports wise as I have never seen it before. And the happiest thing of all is that I'm hearing and reading more excitement about the Kings than the Clippers or Lakers. If the Kings win tonight Sunday will be absolutely a zoo in the L.A. Live area. The Lakers game may be anti-climactic at that point.

Plus, the Dodgers bring their winning ways back to Chavez Ravine for the weekend and that is not too far from downtown.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts