2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs

It's the changing of the guard in the NHL.Teams like the Florida Panthers,Nashville Predators,& Phoenix Coyotes,along with the Los Angeles Kings,Philadelphia Flyers & St. Louis Blues are making the Stanley Cup playoffs very interesting this year.

Attention L.A. Kings Fans...

From the Kings' website this disheartening news:

A reminder, for those in the United States, that tonight’s Game 4 will be broadcast only on NBC Sports Network. I’m told that the CBC feed will be used. That means no Bob Miller and Jim Fox, because the Angels are on Fox Sports West and the Dodgers are on Prime Ticket. Fox-owned KCOP Ch. 13 is also taken by the Clippers, so that’s why there is no local TV. All blackouts have been lifted, so everyone should be able to get NBC Sports Network on the regular cable/satellite channels.

That really sucks because I understand the CBC crew calling this series are real "homers".

Wednesday's schedule......

Penguins at Flyers- Philly leads series 3-0- 7:30pm ET (NBCSN)
Rangers at Senators- NY leads series 2-1- 7:30pm ET (CNBC)
Canucks at Kings- LA leads series 3-0- 10:00pm ET (NBCSN)

It's the changing of the guard in the NHL.Teams like the Florida Panthers,Nashville Predators,& Phoenix Coyotes,along with the Los Angeles Kings,Philadelphia Flyers & St. Louis Blues are making the Stanley Cup playoffs very interesting this year.

Changing of the Guard? More like a blending of the talent pool; there are few discernible differences between many of the teams, from top-to-bottom. Way to go Gary Bettman! After almost bankrupting the league through overaggressive expansion into markets that didn't rate a hockey team (and still don't), he has now created one very bland hockey experience. Personally, I can't stand it...and I cannot stand cities like Florida (big city), Nashville, Phoenix and others having a NHL franchise.

While I'm in a ripe mood...

Statistically nobody cares about hockey in the aforementioned cities, and if people wish to follow hockey they should move to a hockey town. Likewise, keep NASCARP on Raycom Sports or, better yet, move it to other local channels south of the Mason-Dixon line since car racing is not even a sport. If so, I just had a hell of a workout driving my 120-mile round-trip to work and back. It was brutal. :rolleyes:

As I exude adrenaline from the athletic competition of driving home...

People want to see a New York Yankees in this league (formely the Montreal Canadiens, Edmonton Oilers and NY Islanders)...they don't want to see the Cleveland Indians winning the Cup one year...followed by the Chicago Cubs the next...and so on and so forth. I don't like what I am seeing in this year's Stanley Cup Playoffs. While I don't mind a Changing of the Guard (especially for the teams who deserve it), I see this as being one of Bettman's social experiments in which he takes from the wealthy and gives to the poor.

Oh, I can't wait for Bettman to implement the Shootout during the postseason. :(

Diehard Ranger fan-Worried!

This Ottawa team just won't go away! Where are our big guns? Gaborik?
Richards, Callahan?
We need to put points on the board!

Series tied at 2. Hopefully Tortorella will push the right buttons.
Being back at the garden should give these Rangers an extra push.

Cmon Ny!!!

I wish the Pens would have spread out those goals on some of the other games.

Thursday's schedule...........

Panthers at Devils- Florida leads series 2-1- 7:00pm ET (NHLN)
Bruins at Capitals- Boston leads series 2-1- 7:30pm ET (NBCSN)
Coyotes at Blackhawks- Phoenix leads series 2-1- 8:00pm ET (CNBC)
Blues at Sharks- St. Louis leads series 2-1- 10:30pm ET (NBCSN)

Changing of the Guard? More like a blending of the talent pool; there are few discernible differences between many of the teams, from top-to-bottom. Way to go Gary Bettman! After almost bankrupting the league through overaggressive expansion into markets that didn't rate a hockey team (and still don't), he has now created one very bland hockey experience. Personally, I can't stand it...and I cannot stand cities like Florida (big city), Nashville, Phoenix and others having a NHL franchise.

While I'm in a ripe mood...

Statistically nobody cares about hockey in the aforementioned cities, and if people wish to follow hockey they should move to a hockey town. Likewise, keep NASCARP on Raycom Sports or, better yet, move it to other local channels south of the Mason-Dixon line since car racing is not even a sport. If so, I just had a hell of a workout driving my 120-mile round-trip to work and back. It was brutal. :rolleyes:

As I exude adrenaline from the athletic competition of driving home...

People want to see a New York Yankees in this league (formely the Montreal Canadiens, Edmonton Oilers and NY Islanders)...they don't want to see the Cleveland Indians winning the Cup one year...followed by the Chicago Cubs the next...and so on and so forth. I don't like what I am seeing in this year's Stanley Cup Playoffs. While I don't mind a Changing of the Guard (especially for the teams who deserve it), I see this as being one of Bettman's social experiments in which he takes from the wealthy and gives to the poor.

Oh, I can't wait for Bettman to implement the Shootout during the postseason. :(

The Montreal Canadiens were the New York Yankees & the Boston Celtics of the NHL,but unfortunately they haven't been a powerhouse in a long time. The Parity in the NHL right now can be comparable to the NFL right now where there always seems to be a new Super Bowl champ each year(weren't the Denver Broncos the last team to repeat as Super Bowl winners?).

Sunday could be a real mess for programming. If everyone advances there will be 4 games played. Not only has there not been a schedule announced, but L.A. is sitting at home not knowing when to fly to Vancouver and for what time the game will start. Cold Play has Rogers Arena sown up for tonight and tomorrow and no pracrice facilities would be made available to the Kings should they travel there today and wait it out. Kings officials are not happy about this and Darryl Sutter is fuming.

Friday's schedule........

Flyers at Penguins- Philly leads series 3-1- 7:30pm ET (NBCSN)
Red Wings at Predators- Nashville leads series 3-1- 8:00pm ET (CNBC)

Wow, looks like the officials are going to be the reason for an outcome tonight.
They've played under a MINUTE and they have call 2 SEPARATE penalties.

Wish they would just let teams PLAY the game, too many nit picking penalties.

Wings and Preds is what I'm watching at the moment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)