2013-14 NFL Postseason

Status
Not open for further replies.
total of 1,696 players x 5% = 85 if average
my guess 50 maybe
5%? That sounds high.

As it is, I don't think this affects his draft status. He was projected only as a mid-rounder, and will probably stay there.

The NFL is different than college, these guys don't live together and only see each other a few hours each day. They regard it more as a job than anything.

I see you're only going by rings,any NFL PRO with some intelligence will tell you that's ignorant. Start by taking Steve Young out of there who fortunately for him landed with the Niners. He was a nobody before landing there. Remove Griese as well. Bob was an ok QB who was cerebral and didn't make the mistakes but he was never the difference maker. Just look at the season when he was injured.
Even if at the bottom 10, Marino and Manning should be in that list. Teams and especially defenses win championships.Even though a ring should be considered, you can't ignore the individual accomplishments and stats either. You can but it's not the smartest argument to make.

Elway got VERY lucky to finally have a good team surround him to get that first and second ring. If not I'm sure plenty of folks wouldn't have put the guy in the top 10. Brady should be #2 and careful he's not #1. Even the Pats Dynasty was not as dominant has those niner's teams were. I bet Brady would've won the same and perhaps more championships with that team. Brady has the calm,coolness and intelligence that Montana had but a way better arm in my opinion. All Montana did was those dink and dunk passes under the brand spanking new west coast offense. Brady has a better arm....

If you take more into consideration than just rings that list would be very different.

I think it's too soon to put roethlisberger up there.

Just my top 3 for now..

1-Montana
1A- Brady
2-Elway

Top 12 In order

John Elway
Joe Montana
Troy Aikman
Otto Graham - did you ever see/throw the ball he played with ? :wtf:
Dan Marino
Tom Brady
Ben Roethlisberger
Terry Bradshaw
Johnny Unitas
Fran Tarkenton
Phil Simms
Peyton Manning

the most talented. if not for those Mr. Magoo :no moments could have been the goat.
Vinny Testaverde

It sounds like I may have been too harsh on Peyton, but that performance was so awful Sunday he torched his legacy for good in my eyes.

The reason I listed many QB's ahead of him- they have won just as many, if not more, big games that matter. In the NFL, those are the games that truly matter.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

No particular order. I have to agree with Rey about Young. He was fortunate that they were playing the Chargers in the Super Bowl. Everybody talks about how great his performance was and it was but again it was the Chargers. The Chargers were out of it by the first half.

I do think Montana and Marino and even Brady are at the top of my list. Elway would be too but he lost 3 times in the Super Bowl very badly. Its one thing losing by a touchdown, its another to be blown out like they were. Bradshaw and Staubach, I'd put on there. As far as Peyton Manning goes, is he a great qb? Yes. The best of all time? No. I seem to agree with Sabres on this one but his legacy or whatever you want to call it went down many pegs on Super Bowl Sunday. If your elite, like Manning is, you dont lose that bad.

The SOS is maimed pretty badly because the AFC West plays the NFC West, so they get like 9 playoff teams since 3 came from their own division, and 2 more from the NFC West. Both conferences the entire top 8.

Interesting that they talk about the Raiders having the toughest schedule, yet they don't have the schedule to look at in the article. :confused:

Looks like, outside of thier division, the Seahawks and the Pats are the only tough games for them.
Their division top to bottom (Denver, San Diego, Kansas City, Oakland), is as good as any. Three teams made the playoffs this year. So the Raiders face playoff teams more often than not next year. The only reason SD, Denver and KC don't have the toughest schedule is because they play the Raiders twice.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ichie-incognito-others-responsible-harassment

Looks like the Wells report finds Incognito and 2 others "responsible" for harassment. I really dont care what or what didnt happen but the irony is Incognito's career will continue and Martin's is practically finished.

On my college hoops team, we had 3 unwritten, unspoken but cardinal rules: 1- stick up for your teammates, 2- keep the drama off the court and 3- what happens in the locker room stays there.

I also find it odd that the report never addressed all the texts Martin send out.

Cheers, K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts