2013 MLB Postseason

At least they didn't decide to put them on at the same time and DAY ... that would be typical of MLB.

I agree. I'm glad they both have their own day. And bonus......we get a game tomorrow night (Rays/Rangers play-in game) at 8:00pm ET on TBS!! :)

Todd Helton just struck out at his final career at bat. The huge Dodger stadium crowd gave him a standing ovation as he walked off the field. Very, very touching.

The Dodgers will face the Braves in Round 1. I am supporting the Dodgers in the post season as I feel it is my civic duty as an Angeleno and I wish them well. However, I think they will wind up being over matched by Atlanta. Their season has been so good all the way thru and they seem much stronger coming into the playoffs the do the Dodgers.

The bigger issue is the fact that the Dodgers are really banged up. Ethier and Kemp are both on crutches and won't be playing. The other 2 outfielders are only about 80%. Ramirez back is still bothering him. Their lineup won't even be 50%. It is unlikely that the lineup they will feature will be capable of scoring enough runs.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

He wasn't around for a lot of the season and they did just fine without him. I don't want to hear any crying about injuries, etc. going into the playoffs. You got there now play with the best you have. It's been done before.

Todd Helton just struck out at his final career at bat. The huge Dodger stadium crowd gave him a standing ovation as he walked off the field. Very, very touching.

Man, I hate that, he probably feels bad as well, striking out on your last at bat ...

Congrats to Todd for a Fine career ! :)

He wasn't around for a lot of the season and they did just fine without him. I don't want to hear any crying about injuries, etc. going into the playoffs. You got there now play with the best you have. It's been done before.

From the sounds of it, they played all year this way and made the playoffs anyways.

No one felt worse for Todd than Vin Scully who was rooting for an opposing player to get a hit. "Life is just not fair sometimes" he said. Very touching moment.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Who's crying? Just stating a fact. They are more banged up now than they were a few weeks ago. This will hurt their offense.

From the sounds of it, they played all year this way and made the playoffs anyways.

No. They played injured the first two months which is why they sucked. They got healthy and then got hot. Now they are banged up again and have been losing.

Kemp by himself isn't the concern. It is the total number of injured players that is the issue.

You don't hear me blaming the Tigers struggles on Miguel Cabrera being hurt for the last 3 months, A. Jackson was down for extended periods of time this year, Avila's been beat up all year, Prince hasn't hit this year with all the off field stuff going on.
They lost thier Starting SS half way thru the year, been playing LF Roulette all year ....
Verlander hasn't been himself most of the year ....

See, all teams have issues and injuries to deal with at this time of year.

If I said the same of the Tigers would you wouldn't call it crying. You would just say I am making an assessment and a prediction. When I say it of the Dodgers you interpret it as crying.

You guys are making more of my statement than what I said. I am stating a simple fact. Nowhere did I complain or whine.

Because of this their run scoring will be impacted in the post season. Hopefully it won't hinder their winning. But based on how they play with and without these guys it will be challenging.

If you want to read more into what I said than that is on you.

I can assure you that the Tigers injuries are no where near what the Dodgers have experienced. The comparison is not the same. But even the Tigers have done worse as a result. So I would also say the Tigers will also not be favored as a result as well.

My predictions for the first round.

NL

Braves over the Dodgers. Dodgers are too banged up. If they didn't have so many injuries to so many key players I would pick the Dodgers.

Cards over either WC team. Cards are just too well rounded.

AL

Red Sox over the WC. Red Sox, like the Cards are a very balanced team.

A's over Tigers. A's do all the little things to win and the Tigers are too banged up.

If I said the same of the Tigers would you wouldn't call it crying. You would just say I am making an assessment and a prediction. When I say it of the Dodgers you interpret it as crying.

You guys are making more of my statement than what I said. I am stating a simple fact. Nowhere did I complain or whine.

Because of this their run scoring will be impacted in the post season. Hopefully it won't hinder their winning. But based on how they play with and without these guys it will be challenging.

If you want to read more into what I said than that is on you.

I can assure you that the Tigers injuries are no where near what the Dodgers have experienced. The comparison is not the same. But even the Tigers have done worse as a result. So I would also say the Tigers will also not be favored as a result as well.

It just sounds to most of us as your making an excuse ahead of time in case they don't win the WS.

Tigers were in worse shape than the Dodgers last year coming into the playoffs.

It just sounds to most of us as your making an excuse ahead of time in case they don't win the WS.

Tigers were in worse shape than the Dodgers last year coming into the playoffs.

No. You are assuming such. I never said such. This is often due to projection.

A month ago I kept posting how I thought we would be seeing a WS matchup when the Dodgers were playing the Sox and the Rays. That was when they were healthy.

My assessment is based solely on the current conditions of each team and their matchups.

The Dodgers are really badly banged up. Nobody can deny this will not negatively affect them.

My predictions for the first round.

NL

Braves over the Dodgers. Dodgers are too banged up. If they didn't have so many injuries to so many key players I would pick the Dodgers.

Cards over either WC team. Cards are just too well rounded.

AL

Red Sox over the WC. Red Sox, like the Cards are a very balanced team.

A's over Tigers. A's do all the little things to win and the Tigers are too banged up.

Who I think will win and who I want to win are not always the same.

Outcomes I want

NL

Dodgers over Braves
Pirates over Cards or Cards over Reds

AL

Indians or TB over Red Sox or Red Sox over Rangers
A's over Tigers

The bigger issue is the fact that the Dodgers are really banged up. Ethier and Kemp are both on crutches and won't be playing. The other 2 outfielders are only about 80%. Ramirez back is still bothering him. Their lineup won't even be 50%. It is unlikely that the lineup they will feature will be capable of scoring enough runs.

img-thing

I think even if the Dodgers were going in 100% they still would have their hands full with the Braves and come out losing in 6 or 7 games. The Braves just look that good. IMHO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)