2013 NFL Playoffs/Super Bowl

However, RGIII is still throwing the ball well.

I don't feel he's following through on his passes. Plus, he is more dangerous when he rolls out of the pocket or the coverage gets caught playing for the run. Since he aggravated his injury the Seahawks have completely shut them down. Heck, he just almost got sacked for a safety. Skins are in big trouble keeping him in the pocket.

I don't feel he's following through on his passes. Plus, he is more dangerous when he rolls out of the pocket or the coverage gets caught playing for the run. Since he aggravated his injury the Seahawks have completely shut them down. Heck, he just almost got sacked for a safety. Skins are in big trouble keeping him in the pocket.

Seahawks will be happy if RGIII stays in the game, he's moving worse as the game goes on.

IF the put Cousins in, I think they would have a much better chance of winning this game, have a feeling that Seattle's not gonna miss on ALL thier opportunities today ...

Gotta Love a QB that will get out ahead of you can block, or at least be a person that the defenders have to get around to get to the runner ...

As long as he doesn't get hurt while doing it.

I stepped out for a few minutes to get firewood and I come in and see that RGIII is on the ground and a fumble , then Seattle has to settle for a FG.

This game is PROBABLY over, but the FG vs a TD may have kept the Redskins in it.

A quick check of NFL.com shows this:

SATURDAY, JANUARY 12TH
DIVISIONAL PLAYOFFS
4:30 PM
RAVENS AT BRONCOS

8:00 PM
PACKERS AT 49ERS

SUNDAY, JANUARY 13TH
DIVISIONAL PLAYOFFS
1:00 PM
SEAHAWKS AT FALCONS

TEXANS AT PATRIOTS

Wow!! Is it hyperbole to ask if Shanahan could get fired over this??

No, it's a fair question but Shanny was doomed no matter what he did. Leave Griffin in the game and gets hurt (like he did) and they lose he gets vilified; put Cousins in and they lose and he gets vilified. The bottom line is Cousins should have been brought in at the start of the 2nd quarter (or perhaps the start of the 2nd half) and not when the team was down by 10-points with 6 minutes left to play, and Seattle was in death/blitz mode while Redskins were in pass mode. Leaving Griffin in the game was the worst of the available choices in my opinion. The Skins may not have won the game, but they certainly did lose it because of Shanahan's poor decision. I think every coach in the league knew Griffin was of limited use after that injury.

No, it's a fair question but Shanny was doomed no matter what he did. Leave Griffin in the game and gets hurt (like he did) and they lose he gets vilified; put Cousins in and they lose and he gets vilified. The bottom line is Cousins should have been brought in at the start of the 2nd quarter (or perhaps the start of the 2nd half) and not when the team was down by 10-points with 6 minutes left to play, and Seattle was in death/blitz mode while Redskins were in pass mode. Leaving Griffin in the game was the worst of the available choices in my opinion. The Skins may not have won the game, but they certainly did lose it because of Shanahan's poor decision. I think every coach in the league knew Griffin was of limited use after that injury.

Good points all, and kudos to you for calling the Redskins to take out RGIII at halftime.

It's been a pleasure having you in this thread today, BassBlaster. Please don't be a stranger! :)

A quick check of NFL.com shows this:

SATURDAY, JANUARY 12TH
DIVISIONAL PLAYOFFS
RAVENS AT BRONCOS

8:00 PM
PACKERS AT 49ERS

SUNDAY, JANUARY 13TH
DIVISIONAL PLAYOFFS
1:00 PM
SEAHAWKS AT FALCONS

TEXANS AT PATRIOTS

Best football weekend of the year!!

Seattle/ATL- wont be shocked if Seattle wins

I think they will win. However, they have to fly across the country for a second straight week, against a team coming off a bye in a 1pm ET kickoff....not usually a recipe for success for a West Coast team.

I think they will win. However, they have to fly across the country for a second straight week, against a team coming off a bye in a 1pm ET kickoff....not usually a recipe for success for a West Coast team.

But WE are talking about the Atlanta Falcons,whom I'm sure have the same "choke in the playoffs syndrome" that the Atlanta Braves have.

Wow!! Is it hyperbole to ask if Shanahan could get fired over this??

If RGIII suffered an ACL tear,then Shanahan should get fired,because that clearly affects the future of the team,especially if it affects his mobility in the future. I seriously doubt that the Redskins drafted RGIII to be a sitting duck in the backfield like Joe Namath & Kenny Stabler(both notorious for not being able to scramble,Stabler especially in his later years).

Hard to believe, but last night was the first ever playoff win for Aaron Rodgers at Lambeau Field.

Playoff records for quarterbacks of the "Elite Eight"

Tom Brady 16-6
Peyton Manning 9-10
Joe Flacco 6-4
Aaron Rodgers 5-2
Matt Schaub 1-0
Russell Wilson 1-0
Colin Kaepernick 0-0
Matt Ryan 0-3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts