2013 NFL Playoffs/Super Bowl

I will say it was a TEAM loss. ..BUT to blame Fox when you have a QB that audibles more than any QB I have ever seen...is just silly and avoiding to put ANY blame on Manning. Manning could have gone to just about any team he wanted, but he went to a team that he can call HIS game....where he can get his way.

I didn't write this, but here is a reply to your post -

I hate that there isn't a this post is stupid and inaccurate button.

1. The Patriots didn't make the Playoffs in 2008, they were also 5 games worse than 2007.

2. If Tom Brady is a system QB, why doesn't everyone run it, if anyone can do it?

3. Freeney, Mathis, Sanders and Dungy might disagree that the Colts never had a defense.

Manning's decisions yesterday lead to 17 Raven points, that's the ballgame.

I hate that there isn't a this post is stupid and inaccurate button.

1. The Patriots didn't make the Playoffs in 2008, they were also 5 games worse than 2007.

2. If Tom Brady is a system QB, why doesn't everyone run it, if anyone can do it?

3. Freeney, Mathis, Sanders and Dungy might disagree that the Colts never had a defense.

Manning's decisions yesterday lead to 17 Raven points, that's the ballgame.

A tipped ball pick 6 on a non-PI call is Manning's fault? Go back to school.

I agree with the stupid button. Wish there was one.

They said last night that was the first time all season that Holliday was on the losing team. The Texans were still undefeated when they let him go, and the Broncos were in the middle of their winning streak when they picked him up.

Bad first loss............especially with the game he played.

I will say it was a TEAM loss. ..BUT to blame Fox when you have a QB that audibles more than any QB I have ever seen...is just silly and avoiding to put ANY blame on Manning. Manning could have gone to just about any team he wanted, but he went to a team that he can call HIS game....where he can get his way.

I think Manning plays within the coaches parameters. If Fox says "take a knee", Manning isn't going to throw a long ball.

And I've seen Manning disagree with Fox, like on 4th and 1's, and lose. It's a well-known fact that Foxball is very conservative, and his teams play "not to lose" even if they are only up by 3 points. He is not a Bellickeck/Carrol "step on the throat" type of coach.

IN the end, it was a TEAM loss, players and coaches.

Last edited:

1. Pats missed the playoffs in 2008.

2. Tell Rohan Davey, Damon Huard, Matt Cassel, et al it's "the system"

3. I'm not going to argue that the Pats defense is as good as it was early in Brady's tenure, because it obviously isn't. But they were one Wes Welker EASY catch from winning the Super Bowl last year with an "inferior" defense. Also, Manning had the same weapons (Harrison, Wayne, Clark) for years. For the most part, Brady's arsenal has been a revolving door.

4. The year the Colts won the SB, Manning had a bad postseason (except for the 2nd half of the AFCCG against the Patriots). The Colts defense stepped up big time in the postseason

5. I'm not putting last night's game entirely on Manning, the defense definitely failed them.

I would have liked to have seen Del Rio's reaction to the Ravens' tying TD at the end of regulation. Was that the defense he called, or did the secondary just choke??

We joke about the prevent defense, but worst case when done correctly there, Jones would most likely have been tackled by the defender who was behind him, with the clock still running....

I would have liked to have seen Del Rio's reaction to the Ravens' tying TD at the end of regulation. Was that the defense he called, or did the secondary just choke??

We joke about the prevent defense, but worst case when done correctly there, Jones would most likely have been tackled by the defender who was behind him, with the clock still running....

You are so right, after I watched that play, I knew we were in trouble.

Rahim Moore tried to go for the interception instead of tackling the defender or preventing the catch (he said so after the game and blaming himself entirely). Instead of hero, he became the goat. The kid is 22 and was just stupid.

We would be having a completely different conversation right now, had he just played correctly. "Manning overcomes the resurgent and relentless Ravens."

Last edited:

The Broncos secondary was brutal all night. The TD at the end of the half, and especially the blown coverage on the Jones TD were inexcusable.

But I keep going back to that Flacco to Pitta play on third and forever from inside the Broncos 5 as the most underrated play of the game.

I think Manning plays within the coaches parameters. If Fox says "take a knee", Manning isn't going to throw a long ball.

And I've seen Manning disagree with Fox, like on 4th and 1's, and lose. It's a well-known fact that Foxball is very conservative, and his teams play "not to lose" even if they are only up by 3 points. He is not a Bellickeck/Carrol "step on the throat" type of coach.

IN the end, it was a TEAM loss, players and coaches.

Not saying Manning was THE blame...but he ain't blameless. The defense has to take the blunt of the blame because they gave up 38 points.

Watching the BAL-DEN game last night from a Pats fan perspective, I must admit I had a few "be careful what you wish for" moments throughout the game.

Have the Pats already defeated the Texans today? I thought the game wasn't until 4:30. ;)
LOL...I'm not an SEC fan "counting my chickens". :p

But of course I had a vested interest in the outcome of last night's game, and the conventional wisdom around these parts was a Baltimore win helps the Pats. I think if you polled Texans fans, they'd feel the same way. No? ;)

With Manning and Rodgers out, Brady is the only quarterback left to have played in a Super Bowl.

Re: 2012-13 NFL Playoffs

Champ announce his retirement yet? Can only imagine how he feels this morning.

Was rooting for Denver before they went conservative in the 4th. Hell of a game.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Hard to believe dept: IF the Patriots win today, it will be the first time since 1986 (aka "The Drive") and 1987 (aka "The Fumble"), that we'll have a rematch in the AFCCG.

Peyton Manning and Ray Lewis spent the week praising each other's NFL legacy. That's to be expected from the two future Hall of Famers.

The mutual respect wasn't all show, for those with doubts. Manning waited an hour and a half with his family after the Baltimore Ravens' shocking playoff win Saturday over the Denver Broncos to have this private moment with Lewis.

We all have a tendency to get a little cynical at times with all the hype and extravagance the surrounds the NFL and its players. But this was one of those honest moments -- two of the best to ever play their respective positions having a moment to themselves.

Fans only will get to see Lewis play football for a maximum of two more games. Manning is running short on years.

These are the moments to remember.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000125624/article/peyton-manning-ray-lewis-share-private-moment

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)