2014-15 NCAA Football Bowl season

Watching Urban Meyer winning a national title at Ohio St is like your wife telling you she wants a divorce because she's a lesbian.

You loved her for years, but she was lying to you the whole time.

I wanted the Ducks to win,but the Buckeyes were just too big physically for the Ducks to handle. Without all of those Buckeye turnovers,who knows what the final score would have been.

Reactions: Hall
I wanted the Ducks to win,but the Buckeyes were just too big physically for the Ducks to handle. Without all of those Buckeye turnovers,who knows what the final score would have been.
This is what I was thinking as well.
They also had turn overs in the Bama game and prevailed.

Both games could have been much more lopsided ....

Btw, the Bucks LIKE being the Underdog !

When the Bucks went up 21-7, the Bucks got kinda lazy I think, maybe disinterested, started having turn overs, once the game tightened up, they Bucks started to focus again and pulled away for the win.
Never coming close to a TO once the game got close.

When the Bucks went up 21-7, the Bucks got kinda lazy I think, maybe disinterested, started having turn overs, once the game tightened up, they Bucks started to focus again and pulled away for the win.
Never coming close to a TO once the game got close.
And they wrote the Bucks off after the 3rd game of the year. :eeek

Congrats Jimbo, and all Big 10 fans! I'll be honest, I did not expect this, and will admit that I would not even have included OSU in the four team selection. The way they closed out the season however with a third string QB and wins over quality opponents is the definition of earning a title.

Enjoy it, as the SEC returns to form next season and all is right with the college football world.

SEC! SEC! SEC! ;)

Reactions: Jimbo
Congrats Jimbo, and all Big 10 fans! I'll be honest, I did not expect this, and will admit that I would not even have included OSU in the four team selection. The way they closed out the season however with a third string QB and wins over quality opponents is the definition of earning a title.

Enjoy it, as the SEC returns to form next season and all is right with the college football world.

SEC! SEC! SEC! ;)
The way Ohio St's defense has perform, and the lack of any defense in the Pac 12, I expected Oregon to have some trouble (they weren't ready for a real defense). If it wasn't for turnovers, the game would have been as ugly as the Rose Bowl.

The buckeyes have done nothing but get better as the season went on. Not even batting an eye when losing a quarterback before the Big Ten championship, if anything they got better.

Plus, it's good to see an SEC coach win another championship ;)

When do the final polls come out? Curious to see who winds up at #2. Will it be Oregon or Alabama? Or could 1-loss TCU jump up to #2 (aka, 1st loser)?

When do the final polls come out? Curious to see who winds up at #2. Will it be Oregon or Alabama? Or could 1-loss TCU jump up to #2 (aka, 1st loser)?
OSU, Oregon, TCU, Bama, FSU are your final top 5.

IMO, TCU should finish #2, with oregon and bama being 3 and 4.

ah, okay, I see the AP has their's out. That was quick.
I'm not certain TCU should be #2. They'd probably lose to both Oregon & Alabama if they had gotten in. Might have beaten FSU, but that would be about it. So I would have flipped TCU & Alabama, with possibly Alabama above Oregon, as they played better against the Buckeyes than Oregon did.

AP Top 25
RK TEAM RECORD PTS
1 Ohio State (59) 14-1 1475
2 Oregon 13-2 1402
3 TCU 12-1 1349
4 Alabama 12-2 1297
5 Michigan State 11-2 1212
5 Florida State 13-1 1212
7 Baylor 11-2 1098
8 Georgia Tech 11-3 1071
9 Georgia 10-3 925
10 UCLA 10-3 908
11 Mississippi State 10-3 767
12 Arizona State 10-3 756
13 Wisconsin 11-3 724
14 Missouri 11-3 710
15 Clemson 10-3 683
16 Boise State 12-2 653
17 Ole Miss 9-4 543
18 Kansas State 9-4 509
19 Arizona 10-4 499
20 USC 9-4 315
21 Utah 9-4 302
22 Auburn 8-5 216
23 Marshall 13-1 161
24 Louisville 9-4 116
25 Memphis 10-3 94
  • Others receiving votes: Notre Dame 28, Stanford 27, Nebraska 22, Air Force 21, Duke 18, LSU 12, Utah State 11, Arkansas 10, Minnesota 9, Oklahoma 7, Texas A&M 7, Northern Illinois 4, Colorado State 2

With the playoff system, aren't the rankings silly (at least after - not leading up to though). Anything other than the # 1 spot is, like always, completely arbitrary.

No more silly than having them with the BCS IMO. You were using the rankings to determine the players in whatever game(s) you had set up for the championship. Beyond that it is meaningless except for continued sports discussion.
With the playoff system, aren't the rankings silly (at least after - not leading up to though). Anything other than the # 1 spot is, like always, completely arbitrary.

Teams like Oregon(& pretenders like Boise State),if they want to win the National Championship,need to BULK UP. This is the second time that Oregon lost a national championship because the opposing team was physically bigger & superior to them. If both their offensive & defensive lines are smaller than the teams they play against(I know that Oregon had ONE large defensive lineman),they'll get beat up & tire out quickly every time.