2014-15 NFL Play-Offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was obvious that he didn't have control. I felt like "did I miss something?" when they initially called it a catch.

You can see why, the reft who had that responsibility was looking at the spot where he was down, thought he had secured it going to the ground and then it popped out as he moved in to mark it. Ball probably looked like it popped out late.

Good use of replay, good reversal, very bad play by Dez. Lost in the hysteria is the fact that it was a 4th down play and he should have caught it rather than go for the TD as if it was a game-ending hail-mary. Dallas should have easily had it 1st and short going in for the TD.

Manning very non-committal for a change after the game, could really be done. He wasn't this non-committal after the embarassing Super Bowl blowout even. He's losing his OC, they have several starters up for free agency and there are rumors that Fox could be gone. Even if he comes back and Fox stays, could be looking at going through another new offensive system and whatnot.

Manning very non-committal for a change after the game, could really be done. He wasn't this non-committal after the embarassing Super Bowl blowout even. He's losing his OC, they have several starters up for free agency and there are rumors that Fox could be gone. Even if he comes back and Fox stays, could be looking at going through another new offensive system and whatnot.

At his age I'm sure he doesn't want to go through all that, aside from the fact that his arm is only going to get weaker. Best to leave now so it doesn't end really ugly for him.

I don't have a team in the final 4 so I kind of root for the team I hate the least. It was the Patriots prior to Belichik's shady but legal use of ineligible receivers, compounded by Brady declaring that the Ravens "should have read the rule book". Now, God forbid, I've shifted it to the Packers and will shift to Seattle after the inevitable happens this Sunday, unless Indy upsets NE. Then I'll go with them.

It would not surprise me if Manning retires. While he has never been known for throwing a pretty pass it has become obvious as this season progressed that he just doesn't have the arm strength anymore to compete at a high level. At his age it isn't going to get stronger and likely will decline even more should he come back. He might but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't.

As for Belichik's trickery, yes he can sub in eligible receivers and declare them ineligible (I think that rule will get addressed in the off-season) but what those ineligible receivers can not do is line up in the slot and make a move to imitate an eligible receiver which is what happened on two plays. The officials should have flagged that but I'm not sure they even knew who was and who wasn't an eligible receiver in those situations. I think that rule will get changed.

I don't have a team in the final 4 so I kind of root for the team I hate the least. It was the Patriots prior to Belichik's shady but legal use of ineligible receivers, compounded by Brady declaring that the Ravens "should have read the rule book". Now, God forbid, I've shifted it to the Packers and will shift to Seattle after the inevitable happens this Sunday, unless Indy upsets NE. Then I'll go with them.

You can be sure that the Indianapolis Colts will be studying the game tapes on that play. The best way to counter that play,put a defensive lineman on that "inside receiver" & have the DL bowl him over as he goes after the QB("I thought he was a blocker"). Why the confusion on the Ravens' part? If he's inside on the line,HE'S A BLOCKER(even if he aint),bowl him over. If the Pats are "stupid" enough to put a TE in a guard's slot,knock the TE over as you go towards the QB. That RB on the outside can't do anything about it,he called himself ineligible to catch a pass,the only thing he can do is block.

Reactions: Radioguy41
You can be sure that the Indianapolis Colts will be studying the game tapes on that play. The best way to counter that play,put a defensive lineman on that "inside receiver" & have the DL bowl him over as he goes after the QB("I thought he was a blocker"). Why the confusion on the Ravens' part? If he's inside on the line,HE'S A BLOCKER(even if he aint),bowl him over. If the Pats are "stupid" enough to put a TE in a guard's slot,knock the TE over as you go towards the QB. That RB on the outside can't do anything about it,he called himself ineligible to catch a pass,the only thing he can do is block.
Just call it the ,"Puny human,Hulk smash" defensive strategy against plays like that.

At his age I'm sure he doesn't want to go through all that, aside from the fact that his arm is only going to get weaker. Best to leave now so it doesn't end really ugly for him.
According to ESPN's Stats & Information, Manning was just 2-of-12 passing for 49 yards on pass attempts that traveled at least 15 yards and just 6-of-21 for 107 yards on passes that traveled more than 5 yards.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/201...enver-broncos-mulls-future-disappointing-loss

According to ESPN's Stats & Information, Manning was just 2-of-12 passing for 49 yards on pass attempts that traveled at least 15 yards and just 6-of-21 for 107 yards on passes that traveled more than 5 yards.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/201...enver-broncos-mulls-future-disappointing-loss
Funny thing is he can float it down there as he was over throwing on the deep passes but where you see the weak arm is on the shorter passes where it needs velocity. The receivers having to wait for the ball after they turned around the defenders were all over them. The colts defense is not that good. I'd hate to see him go out looking like a fool so retire now with some dignity. The greats usually don't know when to hang it up at the right time.

If Manning does retire,do the Broncos stay with Brock Osweiler(maybe they can retain Manning as QB coach to work with Osweiler,if one of the networks doesn't scoop Manning up first),or do they try to look for another QB to lead them? What QB candidates are out there right now? I doubt that they'd go after Jay Cutler..........again,how about maybe RGIII? They might could get mileage out of Michael Vick until they're sure that Osweiler is ready. Of all the QB retreads in the NFL right now,who would be the best fit? The extreme long shot for me is if somehow,someway the Broncos can get Colin Kaepernick from the San Francisco 49ers because their(49ers) new head coach & the 49ers themselves believe that Kaepernick isn't going to get any better at QB & they want to search for a new one.

ESPN's Adam Schefter is reporting that Manning played the last several games with a torn quad

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/201...ncos-played-torn-right-quad-last-month-season
Peyton Manning 'looked spent' in practice
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/1/12/7531399/peyton-manning-denver-broncos-retirement
Manning's teammates said the quarterback didn't look like himself in practice in the final month of the season.

I noticed something wrong when they played the last game of the season & it looked like he'd go down if you just touched him.

I wonder,out of CBS,ESPN,Fox,or NBC,which network will go to a 3 man announcing line-up(with "you-know-who" as the third announcer) once Peyton does retire? Of course,I'm sure that the same scenario will play out once Tom Brady retires.

Ok,so the TE was in the tackle's position,not the guard's.
The NFL Is Still Trying To Wrap Its Head Around The Genius Patriots Formation That No One Has Seen Before
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nfl-still-trying-wrap-head-153817974.html

I told you,the "Puny human,Hulk smash" defensive strategy will defeat this. If he's in the tackle's slot,"he must be a tackle." The only problem here is if a defensive lineman does level him & HE IS an eligible receiver,is that pass interference?

More from Schefter:

"Specifically: Peyton Manning has a torn rectus femoris, which runs down center of thigh. Bruising was so severe it spread to back of his leg"

Status
Not open for further replies.