2014-15 NHL Season

No doubt Babcock deserved a good contract but the Leafs? One of the rumors going around is he needed a longer contract than those who are not trad-able..."ie- am going to be longer than you so listen up" so they'd respect him and not be their usual "coach-killer" self.

Wonder how long it will take for Mrs Babcock to hate Toronto and demand to leave.

It was so awesome watching the hockey game tonight on 1/16 of my tv screen after the local weather monkeys totally preempted coverage until the middle of OT. :mad:

kjrhsux.jpg

Wow,
I would have called the station and told them what I thought of their coverage. :confused:

They don't care. They do it all the time, this is the 5th time in the past 2 weeks they have totally preempted primetime network programming. Their facebook was lit up again.

5inches of rain last night in addition to the 10 inches of rain we already had this month. There is more coming this morning, so I really doubt I will get to see the Indy 500, unless some genius at KTUL figures out they have 2 other channels they could put the race on.

It was so awesome watching the hockey game tonight on 1/16 of my tv screen after the local weather monkeys totally preempted coverage until the middle of OT. :mad:

View attachment 107027

I noticed that station (KJRH) is owned by Scripps. Scripps owns the ABC affiliate in Detroit (WXYZ) and they've never pre-empted coverage like that during primetime. Worst I've seen is they would show a map of warnings and a scroll at the bottom of the screen for a few minutes but that would be it. (Even when we had our huge flood in Detroit last year, they never pre-empted the coverage like what you guys are going through) I would contact Scripps directly here: http://www.scripps.com/contact/new and let them know a lot of people are upset and that the station managers don't seem to care. Hopefully somebody from higher up will then force the station to change their panic attitude when it comes to the weather.

I think that I'm starting to warm up to the potential of an Anaheim Ducks-Tampa Bay Lightning Stanley Cup finals(Ducks versus the Triplets). I also have to agree with the talking heads that there is no team in the east who can stand up to the Ducks physically.

I think that I'm starting to warm up to the potential of an Anaheim Ducks-Tampa Bay Lightning Stanley Cup finals(Ducks versus the Triplets). I also have to agree with the talking heads that there is no team in the east who can stand up to the Ducks physically.
Being physical is one thing, but if your FAST your dangerous.
You have to be able to catch the fast guys.

Ducks/Bolts Cup final would be a rating killer.

Hopefully the NHL pulls as NBA and make teams (Hawks/Rangers) go into the finals.
people who are watching the Stanley Cup playoffs now will still watch if the Ducks & Lightning advance. The Ducks are the strongest physical team & the Lightning are the fastest team in the play-offs. People who are watching know this. Even if the Blackhawks & the Rangers have Original Six name recognition,neither team is as exciting as the Ducks & Lightning. I see the Ducks-Blackhawks series going to a 7th game & the Lightning wrapping it up in New York to advance
Off-topic: you don't know how much I was pulling for a Toronto Blue Jays-Montreal Expos World Series,back when there still was a Montreal Expos,just to shake things up in the MLB. The only equivalent that the NHL has to that would be the Nashville Predators against the Carolina Hurricanes(who have already won a Stanley Cup or two) in the Stanley Cup finals.

Well, the Tampa Bay Lightning are going to the NHL Finals ...

Meanwhile the Hawks and Ducks play in a Game 7 tonight ....

So far halfway thru the game the Hawks are in control, leading 3-0.

The NHL is now taking expansion applications for the 2016-2017 season. Fee is 500 million.
Top contenders are Las Vegas, Seattle and Quebec City

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)