2014 FIFA World Cup Official Thread

I don´t think Brazil is in good shape, thanks only to Chile´s OG, they got the draw. Now let´s see what happens in the PKs.

With the way both teams are playing, Colombia is going to destroy Brazil xD

Brazil is way too lucky to get past Chile today. They should thank their GK (Julio Cesar) and the crossbar. They will get dominated by the Colombians if they don't step up their game.

Tomorrow's match-ups:
Mexico vs. Netherlands
Costa Rica vs. Greece

I agree.
Brazil doesn´t look like they have enough to avoid being easily trashed by Colombia. Neymar isn´t even good enough for that.
I´ll root for Colombia on the QF match vs Brazil.

I think theoretically Netherlands should move on to the QF.
Regarding the match Costa Rica vs Greece, I guess that should be interesting, I´d think that Costa Rica has a good chance to move on to the QF.

I was rooting for the Dutch on this but...

Ok, yes, that Robben penalty was a bit of a flop but the goal would have, and should have came anyway. The refs missed several calls that went in favor of Mexico during the course of the match. Robben was serving justice with that call earlier in the match, honestly. Clear penalty, no call.

As I said theoretically the Netherlands should move on and that just happened.
I´m expecting or rather hoping for an interesting match between Costa Rica vs Greece, I think Costa Rica has a good chance of moving on, but we shall see if Greece can surprise us.

Watching also on Univision, they guys at Univision don´t know why the Costa Rican goalie ( I think) at the bench, was yellow carded. The commentator just said it was something he said or did, I´m assuming it was something he did, cause the ref was far to hear him I think.

Anyways, Interesting match, I´m rooting for both teams, strange as it is, the team advancing to QF will make history anyway.

Also one of the Univison guys said after Greece scored: I didn´t want to say it before, but I thought Costa Rica could suffer the same fate than Mexico did this morning.
The other guy said, you jinxed them just with your thought.o_O

So today we had 2 teams from CONCACAF playing, Mexico knocked out, Cost Rica making history and moving on to the Quarter Finals.
The 2002 World Cup was the last time there we had a CONCACAF team in the Quarter Finals, that time it was the US.
Congrats to Costa Rica who was able to make it missing one player.
Viva Costa Rica Pura Vida :D

Reactions: salsadancer7

The Open - Golf!

NFL 2015 OFF Season Thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)