Not open for further replies.

Rey

@ your service
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2008
Florida
nfl-logo.jpg

Well unfortunately the season has officially ended, but a BIG congratulations to our patriots fans here at satguys.

For the rest of us, we can only hope our teams improve over the off season.

Reactions: BillD1984
True. For us and I know this will sound crazy, get rid off wallace and take the cap hit. That guy is poison. I'd like to see a change at DC but doubt that'll happen. I feel like we're close, with a few pieces more on defense and one or two at offense. This of course needs to include our QB making more progress next season.

True. For us and I know this will sound crazy, get rid off wallace and take the cap hit. That guy is poison. I'd like to see a change at DC but doubt that'll happen. I feel like we're close, with a few pieces more on defense and one or two at offense. This of course needs to include our QB making more progress next season.

I think the Pats four games with the Bills and Dolphins will be wars! OTOH, I'm not expecting much from the Jets..

Man...he is gonna be SUPER expensive. I personally, would rather go with chasing Fitzgerald. And a upgrade at RB. I can see McFadden coming over on the cheap and he destroys the NFL next year.
You're talking about Fitzgerald to the Pats? If so then definitely call the season over for most of the AFC. That would be a hell of a combo.....

Rey, getting rid of Wallace with not be the answer, in my opinion. There are NO OTHER playmakers of his caliber available or that they can afford. Wallace had his BEST year this past season. Look at the history of the Dolphins when it comes to giving up on players too fast...and they become great players on other teams....ESPECIALLY at the WR position. It is the coaches job and the veterans in that locker room to prevent that kind of the poison. Unfortunately for the Dolphins, they have gotten rid of all of the veteran leadership the last couple of years.

Man...he is gonna be SUPER expensive. I personally, would rather go with chasing Fitzgerald. And a upgrade at RB. I can see McFadden coming over on the cheap and he destroys the NFL next year.
As much as I love Larry Fitzgerald (he's great AND a class act), IMO the Pats biggest need is a pass rusher to go along with Chandler Jones. Of course, that's if they stay status quo (highly unlikely obviously).

That's the issue. Will Revis take a hometown discount to stay with a winner or now that he has a ring, go somewhere else for the big bucks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rey, getting rid of Wallace with not be the answer, in my opinion. There are NO OTHER playmakers of his caliber available or that they can afford. Wallace had his BEST year this past season. Look at the history of the Dolphins when it comes to giving up on players too fast...and they become great players on other teams....ESPECIALLY at the WR position. It is the coaches job and the veterans in that locker room to prevent that kind of the poison. Unfortunately for the Dolphins, they have gotten rid of all of the veteran leadership the last couple of years.
But there's no chemistry between him and tannehill , aside from his attitude problems. Yes it's a loss, especially when you consider how much the idiot Ireland signed the guy for. I don't know, feels like he hurts the team in other ways salsa. You're spot on the history in Miami with giving up on good players the last 15 years or so but this guy in particular to me isn't all that. He's just fast and disgustingly over paid. I'd rather have a guy like Cobb from GreenBay and our rookie Landry who has been fantastic. I'd get rid of Wallace and heartline but I may be dead wrong about all this.

That be a first :p

Two words........SIGN REVIS!!!!

@RapSheet "Based on my knowledge of situation and talking to both sides, I'd be stunned if this is Darrelle Revis' last game as a #Patriots

I know Ridley won't be back, I wonder what Shane Vereen's market is?

@RapSheet "Based on my knowledge of situation and talking to both sides, I'd be stunned if this is Darrelle Revis' last game as a #Patriots

I know Ridley won't be back, I wonder what Shane Vereen's market is?
I was never a Ridley fan anyway. I think BB will give Jonas Gray every chance to be the lead back next season.. As far as Vereen goes, I hope the Pats keep him.

Agree w/ both Bill and Hart.

With the cap going up, I can see Revis resigning w/ the Pats to a deal comfortable for both sides. When you're king of the mountain, why get off?

I can't recall Riddley every breaking through the line of scrimmage....always seems to get tripped up after gaining 6 yards.
A platoon of Gray, Blount, Vereen should be good enough. Maybe draft a RB in the later rounds.

Welcome to Atlanta Mr. Quinn. First order of business, make sure whatever idiot piped in extra noise (if true) or violated the policy on noise with the opponents clock, is fired. After that, get us two pass rushers and Todd Gurley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)