NFL 2015 OFF Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
CSN New England is in the middle of doing one of those best ever rankings. Right now they're in the middle of ranking the 50 greatest Patriots in the Bill Belichick era ( duh, I wonder who #1 will be). I'm not gonna do 50, but I thought a top 10 would be cool.

1. Tom Brady- no explanation needed
2. Richard Seymour- the Pats win the SB in his rookie season. Big Sey was the anchor to that defense that won 3 SB's in 4 years
3. Tedy Bruschi- if Seymour was the anchor, Tedy was the heart and soul. How many big plays did this guy come up with durng the dynasty?
4. Ty Law- Peyton Manning's worst nightmare, and IMO the best CB in Pats history
5. Troy Brown- the third T.B. in my top 5, and the one sure thing in the receiving corps from 2000-06
6. Matt Light- protected The Franchise's back side at a high level for more than a decade
7. Vince Wilfork- started and ended his Pats career as a champion. How cool is that?
8. Rodney Harrison- probably the most feared by opponents during the BB era
9. Adam Vinatieri- the greatest clutch kicker in NFL history
10. Logan Mankins- only John Hannah was better guard in Pats history. IMO, one of the most underrated (at least nationally) Patriots ever

My toughest omission was Willie McGinest
I fully expect Gronk and Julian Edelman to break my top 10 before they're done. I just can't put them ahead of any of the above just yet

Good stuff, Bill.

My top 10 would probably be Brady, Tedy, Brown, Wilfork (leadership on and off the field puts him above Seymour for me), Seymour, Gronk(I just can't leave him off), Vinatieri, Light, Harrison & Law.

I loved Mankins, but I think you need a ring to be on the list.

Guys that just missed for me, McGinest, Mccourtey and Kevin Faulk.

Reactions: BillD1984
Good stuff, Bill.

My top 10 would probably be Brady, Tedy, Brown, Wilfork (leadership on and off the field puts him above Seymour for me), Seymour, Gronk(I just can't leave him off), Vinatieri, Light, Harrison & Law.

I loved Mankins, but I think you need a ring to be on the list.

Guys that just missed for me, McGinest, Mccourtey and Kevin Faulk.
Kevin Faulk was another tough omission for me. My god, just how spoiled have we been??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)