NFL 2015 OFF Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
11257888_10153092499408842_3851444799754324740_n.jpg

Reactions: salsadancer7
My gut tells me Goosell will conceded the Wells report is flawed and will lower the suspension to 1 game just to save face.

Goodell can't resign or be fired soon enough ...
Hes done enough damage to the game already.
Here's done a good job, hard to say others would have weathered labor strife and the concussion stuff better. The league has never been more popular or made more money - nor have the players. That doesn't happen automatically.

Here's done a good job, hard to say others would have weathered labor strife and the concussion stuff better. The league has never been more popular or made more money - nor have the players. That doesn't happen automatically.
3 years from now if hes in there or someone else, you will be able to say the same thing.

As much as I think Goodell has overreacted on alot of things coming to his desk, the owners are happy with his performance. IF not, he would have been LONG GONE. And like Steveo said, the league has NEVER made more money or been more popular than ever before. That is ALL the owners care about.

What the fans care about in reality, is secondary.

I used to think that, but I never really paid much attention to him until the last 6 months. Now, I realize the league is thriving despite him. He's actually an arrogant lying pick who has a bunch of bozos working for him. He just happens to be in the right place at the right time when the sport is exploding. He doesn't negotiate the TV contracts, that's done by a comitee of owners and league lawyers. He had almost zero to do with the lockout ending and every time he gives a press conference he sounds like dumb ass.

Reactions: Jimbo
@darrenrovell: JUST IN: NFL splits $7.24 BILLION w/its teams in national revenue from last season. Each team gets $226.4M, which is mostly TV $.

Goodell ain't going nowhere.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@darrenrovell: JUST IN: NFL splits $7.24 BILLION w/its teams in national revenue from last season. Each team gets $226.4M, which is mostly TV $.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And Goodell did next to nothing for the NFL teams to get this, why does he get the credit ?
It would be the Players Assoc and the Owners.

Yeah, those TV deals just work out themselves, not to mention the CBA that made them possible.

Am I getting the narrative you're getting at right?

I don't get why this is a recurring topic and we can't just talk about football, the same stupidity over and over.

Last edited:
Yeah, those TV deals just work out themselves, not to mention the CBA that made them possible.

Am I getting the narrative you're getting at right?

I don't get why this is a recurring topic and we can't just talk about football, the same stupidity over and over.
Re read my post.

It would be the Players Assoc and the Owners that do THAT work.

I see Goodell can't leave his sticky little fingers out of anything, can he.

Goodell can't resign or be fired soon enough ...
Hes done enough damage to the game already.

3 years from now if hes in there or someone else, you will be able to say the same thing.

And Goodell did next to nothing for the NFL teams to get this, why does he get the credit ?
It would be the Players Assoc and the Owners.

I've read them, they all say roughly the same thing. We get it.

Yep, he only has to keep 3/4'ths of 32 people happy. And $226.M each will do that.

People forget that Goodell works for the owner, not the players, not the fans, just the owners.

Re read my post.

It would be the Players Assoc and the Owners that do THAT work.
Wasn't Goodell the one who negotiated those tv contracts with the networks? I'd say that qualifies as THAT work.

If the owners (his bosses) were not happy with him, he'd be gone. But he isn't, so they must be.

CSN New England is in the middle of doing one of those best ever rankings. Right now they're in the middle of ranking the 50 greatest Patriots in the Bill Belichick era ( duh, I wonder who #1 will be). I'm not gonna do 50, but I thought a top 10 would be cool.

1. Tom Brady- no explanation needed
2. Richard Seymour- the Pats win the SB in his rookie season. Big Sey was the anchor to that defense that won 3 SB's in 4 years
3. Tedy Bruschi- if Seymour was the anchor, Tedy was the heart and soul. How many big plays did this guy come up with durng the dynasty?
4. Ty Law- Peyton Manning's worst nightmare, and IMO the best CB in Pats history
5. Troy Brown- the third T.B. in my top 5, and the one sure thing in the receiving corps from 2000-06
6. Matt Light- protected The Franchise's back side at a high level for more than a decade
7. Vince Wilfork- started and ended his Pats career as a champion. How cool is that?
8. Rodney Harrison- probably the most feared by opponents during the BB era
9. Adam Vinatieri- the greatest clutch kicker in NFL history
10. Logan Mankins- only John Hannah was better guard in Pats history. IMO, one of the most underrated (at least nationally) Patriots ever

My toughest omission was Willie McGinest
I fully expect Gronk and Julian Edelman to break my top 10 before they're done. I just can't put them ahead of any of the above just yet

Reactions: meStevo
Status
Not open for further replies.