2014 FIFA World Cup Official Thread

I'm watching on Univision & my grasp of Spanish is poor at best,so can someone explain to me why the guy on the bench got yellow carded?:what2

IF you are talking before the penalty kicks, instead turning in his lineup card of who was kicking the penalties kicks...he bitched and complained about the refs and handed the ref no lineup.

Today, I´d say that theoretcially the European temas won´t have a problem advancing over the African teams, a different outcome would be a surprise.
France vs Nigeria
Germany vs Algeria.
But on this last one I´d certainly like Algeria knocking out Germany to the tune of "Remember Spain 82"
In Spain 82 Algeria defeated (West) Germany in the group stage and had a chance to advance, but then that pact of non-agression between Germany and Austria, blocked Algeria from moving on to the next round.

Yesterday I saw a clip of commentators from around the world at the moment their national team scored. This guy from Colombia yelled a GOL about 40 seconds long. Wow

Good point and then again nonetheless at least these one is advancing.
Brazil is another one that didn´t show against Chile, what it takes to win the WC this year, but they were just lucky to move on.
Ok in the next match I´m rooting for Algeria.

These haven't been the greatest played games but the drama has been high. I think this World Cup has done more for the sport of soccer than any other World Cup did. I can't remember hearing this many people talk about how they watched a match and how much they actually enjoyed it.

Since advancing out of the group stages depends on points, and you get more points for a win than a draw, teams tend to attack more during that round. As the stakes get higher, and realizing that penallty kicks could spell the difference, teams at a skill disadvantage tend to play close to the vest, and games can be somewhat boring.

I wish FIFA would go to the same format used in the Champions League--two-game ties with goal difference the determining factor.

Is this Germany vs Algeria match boring or it just me, I even switched to watch on Univision to avoid falling asleep.
I don´t see a Germany that has what it takes to win the WC.
I hope Algeria knocks them out.
Wake me up if they go to penalty kicks.

Just woke up, finding out that Germany moves ahead, without convincing.

Germany had to earn it. Algiers speed was a factor as well as the line they set up of 3-5-2 ...Germany was confused constantly because the could do nothing in the middle. In then, the difference was the goal keeper. On at least 3 balls, he almost came out to midfield because an Algerian had beaten his man and almost had open field.

So for today, at least in theory, Argentina should move over Switzerland, and I guess Belgium over the US.
I´m rooting for Switzerland and the US.
I´d like to see some surprises today for a change. :D

Now I´m glad I´m not watching it, but I guess I will take a peek at the PKs.
Ahhhhhhh........ You thought it was going to PKs.. ;)

Argentina gets past the Swiss 1-0 with a dramatic goal by Angel Di Maria set up by a Messi cross at the 118th minute.

They will play the winner of the Belgium/USA match.

Ahhhhhhh........ You thought it was going to PKs.. ;)

Argentina gets past the Swiss 1-0 with a dramatic goal by Angel Di Maria set up by a Messi cross at the 118th minute.

They will play the winner of the Belgium/USA match.

Sadly for me, no PKs. Anyway, another match that is decided in the last minutes of regular or extra time.
I still have the impression from the little I heard or read about this match that Argentina was not convincing with its game, that would add to my opinion of Brazil and Germany in this stage.

The Open - Golf!

NFL 2015 OFF Season Thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)