2014 MLB Season

It looks nice, and I'm a Yankees fan, but it's an antiquated park that needs to be replaced.

Add Wrigley to that list. I went many times in the 90's ...lived 4 blocks a way..and as beautiful as it looked, you can tell Father Time has not be very good to the stadium. The outside may look nice, but the inside is old.

Maybe also,besides Fenway & Wrigley being old,the average fan is a lot larger(read wider,although taller could also be an issue) now. I wonder how much the seating capacity would diminish if they widened the seats for obese fans?

I've had blueberry tarts and apple tarts, never a pine tart. They don't sound very appetizing to me. ;)

I may have spoken too soon about the Yankees,who seem to have lost 2 players to injury n this game. They are speculating that pitcher Sabathia may have to come in to play in the infield.

I may have spoken too soon about the Yankees,who seem to have lost 2 players to injury n this game. They are speculating that pitcher Sabathia may have to come in to play in the infield.

Don't fear, Sabathia isn't getting anywhere near the infield to play.

Wow, I just looked at the box score for the yankees, looked at the infield and I didn't recognize ANY names.

It looks like the Yankees are trying to do everything they can to keep Sabathia off of the field. It looked like McCann got injured,but he's still in the game. I've heard stories about MLB players in the past who played all 9 positions,including pitching,in a single(obviously extra innings) game. The Yankees will be very happy when this game ends.

It looks like the Yankees are trying to do everything they can to keep Sabathia off of the field. It looked like McCann got injured,but he's still in the game. I've heard stories about MLB players in the past who played all 9 positions,including pitching,in a single(obviously extra innings) game. The Yankees will be very happy when this game ends.

Don Kelly did that for the Tigers a couple years ago. He is a utility man and emergency catcher. He played every position in the field during the course of one season and came in to pitch during an extra innings game once the rest of the bullpen was used up.

Edit: I missed the part where you said in one game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
Don Kelly did that for the Tigers a couple years ago. He is a utility man and emergency catcher. He played every position in the field during the course of one season and came in to pitch during an extra innings game once the rest of the bullpen was used up.

Edit: I missed the part where you said in one game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That was like back in the 60's or early 70's when that happened. I remember that one player did it for sure,but I can't remember his name. I think he was a Latin American player. I want to say Alou(which one I don't know).

The Marlins went from 5-2 and a nice story to start the season...and then they played REAL TEAMS(Nats and the Phillies) and after the dust settled and a 7 game losing streak, they are now in last place in a blink of an eye!

The Braves are starting to light up against the Phillies with 3 home runs in a row,although not as much as the Pirates & the Reds are lighting up against each other tonight.

Reds and Pirates playing ball in a rain storm most of the night, grounds crew dumping quick dry on thre infield after eash inning, standing water on the back side of the infield, standing water on the Warning track ...
They finally pulled the tarp on in the 7th, should have done that 3 innings earlier.

Probably postponed by now.

Reds and Pirates playing ball in a rain storm most of the night, grounds crew dumping quick dry on thre infield after eash inning, standing water on the back side of the infield, standing water on the Warning track ...
They finally pulled the tarp on in the 7th, should have done that 3 innings earlier.

Probably postponed by now.

That was crazy. They should have put the tarp on after the 3rd inning. It was raining so hard that none of the pitchers could get a good grip on the ball and that is why there were 10 home runs hit in the game, which is a GABP record.

The Marlins went from 5-2 and a nice story to start the season...and then they played REAL TEAMS(Nats and the Phillies) and after the dust settled and a 7 game losing streak, they are now in last place in a blink of an eye!

Exactly where that club deserves to be.

I acknowledge its not fair for the players or fans, but a lot of people have a better opinion of skunk roadkill then Marlins' ownership

The Tigers are supposed to have a home game tonight against the Indians but we got 2-3" of snow last night and the temperature is supposed to be 32 at first pitch and then drop from there. I'm thinking we may have a double header Wednesday or Thursday.

I am torn because for the fans and the players, I want to team to succeed. For the owner, I want it to be a miserable failure.

But I cannot have both, so I will side with hoping they do well.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Well, the Angels sure as hell beat up the Mets on Sunday, 14-2. How about Hamilton being out 6-8 weeks after going head first into first base? I used to be a fan of sliding head first into first but not anymore because of all the injuries that go with it.

The Mets beat up the D-Backs 9-0 last night. Hopefully, everything is ok with Mejia and Laguares both had to leave the game yesterday. And I saw Oliver Perez, former "great pitcher" for the Mets pitch for the D-Backs last night.

Bill Simmons

NFL Week 4 Picks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)