2014 MLB Season

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
with the Lakers being complete trash this year, I'm going to really try to get back into baseball. i ordered mlb.tv and am excited for the season to start now. with the lack of an entertaining nba playoff outlook for me this year, i need something to hold me until the world cup and then football season

not according to your GM over 90 wins, this is a 90 win team according to Sandy lol

What does Vegas say about them ?

75 but the joke is Saddy say we are a 90 wins team and Fred said "we better be" that story came out about 2 weeks , but i do understand the Mets will have one more down year

I think Vegas has them at 74 wins. I don't think the Mets crack 80 this year. I hope Sandy and Fred were talking tongue and cheek. I'm surprised the Mets didn't make a couple of more moves. Why they didn't get Drew from the Red Sox to play SS, I'll never know. Tejada has been awful already at SS.

I'll tell you it never ends. http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/03/13/mets-pitching-coach-dan-warthen-apologizes-for-slur/

Last edited:

I saw that too, however, I have read multiple things about it, out for a month, till after the ASG as well as out for the season ....
So, I guess you never know till it gets here.

Theres also been talk about signing Drew till Iggy is back.
This would also give them better insurance if Castellonios doesn't cut it at 3b ... (which I think he will do fine, I'm not gonna jump on the guy the first time he has an error like some.)

I saw that too, however, I have read multiple things about it, out for a month, till after the ASG as well as out for the season ....
So, I guess you never know till it gets here.

Theres also been talk about signing Drew till Iggy is back.
This would also give them better insurance if Castellonios doesn't cut it at 3b ... (which I think he will do fine, I'm not gonna jump on the guy the first time he has an error like some.)

Wow, big loss if Iggy misses that much time!

I'm listening to the Tigers/Blue Jays game on the Detroit radio channel. Dan Dickerson and Jim Price just said Iggy just got back from the doctor and told them he has a stress fracture in both shins. They said they team hasn't officially confirmed it yet but that was straight from his mouth. Sounds like he won't be back any time soon.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimateastros/2014/03/17/comcast-backs-out-of-csn-bankruptcy-bid/

The TV situation for Astros fans (if they exist) isn't looking good for this season. Something isn't right when people across the country with MLB.tv/EI have more access to a team than people who live in the City. They have some young talent but even if they do turn that franchise around someday there won't be any fans left to support it. This whole trend of TV providers owning RSNs is not working out so well for fans.

Kinda like what happened to the Expos when Loria refused to broadcast the games because sports station wouldnt pay what he thought they were worth.
That was the first step in that whole MLB conspiracy to rid MLB of Montreal.

It's looking more and more possible that Grady Sizemore could be the Red Sox Opening Day CF. If that happens the Sox will more than likely send Jackie Bradley, Jr. down to Pawtucket (that would make Shane Victorino the emergency CF). Another possibility is they DL Vic to start the season and both Sizemore and JBJ head north with the team. Yet another possibility would have all three of the outfielders break camp (along with Jonny Gomes and Daniel Nava) and the Sox trade 1B-OF Mike Carp.

It's looking more and more possible that Grady Sizemore could be the Red Sox Opening Day CF. If that happens the Sox will more than likely send Jackie Bradley, Jr. down to Pawtucket (that would make Shane Victorino the emergency CF). Another possibility is they DL Vic to start the season and both Sizemore and JBJ head north with the team. Yet another possibility would have all three of the outfielders break camp (along with Jonny Gomes and Daniel Nava) and the Sox trade 1B-OF Mike Carp.

I'm glad to see Sizemore back and playing, he's very good, when healthy.

Kinda like what happened to the Expos when Loria refused to broadcast the games because sports station wouldnt pay what he thought they were worth.
That was the first step in that whole MLB conspiracy to rid MLB of Montreal.

Ah, yes Mr. Loria strikes again!!

There have been some rumors of the Mets trading Ike Davis and/or Lucas Duda. The Mets have there eye on Nick Franklin from the Mariners although the Mets wont trade, and rightfully so, there phenom prospect Noah Synderrgard.

if anyone care the Dodgers won their season opener this morning over Arizona 3-1 over in Australia, Game 2 tonight 10pm on the MLB Network

Yep, I got up at 6:00 and watched it from the 5th inning to the end with MLB.tv. The Sportsnet LA feed was having some technical difficulties but the FS Arizona feed was rock solid. Hopefully, for Dodgers fans' sake, TWC's new channel gets everything worked out before the 10:00pm game tonight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts