2014 NFL Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, tonight we'll see how much the Lions REALLY improved as they play the Giants on Monday night Football. Game starts at 7:10 ET as ESPN always has a double header the 1st week.

Great opening weekend so far! Thought the Eagles were going to choke, but they got it together in the second half.Nice win for the Dolphins, and how about the rookie Benjaman for the Panthers!

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

bLkrYPz.jpg

I don't believe for 1 second that the league office didn't see that video before today.

Peter King, who's as connected as anyone, said he was told they did.

Chris Mortensen of espn, had the details of the video 6 weeks ago.

And the Lions win 35-14. A good game overall but they committed 8 penalties in the 1st half and I worried they would screw it up completely. Luckily 2 turnovers by the giants helped the Lions and in the end, it's a win for the Lions.

Man did my Bears suck it up. They are in for a very long season. Vegas has them at 8 wins this season which I thought was crazy but now I'm wishing I put money on the under. They may start the season 1-7 with the schedule they have.

Man did my Bears suck it up. They are in for a very long season. Vegas has them at 8 wins this season which I thought was crazy but now I'm wishing I put money on the under. They may start the season 1-7 with the schedule they have.
They should beat the Jets and probably at least one other game in the first half.

To me it's more of media problem than anything, they're the one who votes for the award.

Also, college success doesn't equal NFL success. Does that mean your Miami teams lead by Steve Walsh, Gino Torretra or Ken Dorsey weren't any good because they didn't have NFL success?

But only one won a major in the so called best conference in the entire world... And that was Gino. BIG DIFFERENCE there.

So, after seeing the moron that is the NFL commissioner, I have to say... He is the most incompetent of all commissioners(not either requesting the video or not watching because he took Ray Rice at his word) dealing with a huge issue, or the biggest liar of all time. Any CEO for a fortune 100 company that would make such a huge mistake that could such huge negative press to the company, would have been dismissed.

Drug policy vote may be tabled until 2015.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000392376/article/nfl-player-reps-table-vote-on-new-drug-policy

The sticking points after the call weren't made completely clear, but issues over whether players will be punished upon DUI arrests (rather than convictions), and the appeals process on human growth hormone testing have persisted. The league would like to start HGH testing immediately. That would mean there wouldn't be a population study, and approval there might hinge on players' ability to challenge the science of the tests on appeal.

Though all aspects of the negotiation are fluid, there has been basic agreement in other areas:

1) There would be reform in marijuana testing. The threshold for the A sample is expected to be raised from 15ng/ml to match normal workplace standards in other businesses. Also, the first suspension for marijuana would be two games, rather than four.

2) Offseason violations for amphetamines would move from the policy on performance enhancing drugs to substances of abuse.

3) There would be reassessment of penalties already levied on players for drug violations during the 2014 league year.

It is possible, but not certain, that a vote could be taken on Wednesday. It's also possible the negotiations are tabled until 2015.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)