2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs

It pisses me off to no end when the NHL does this. There is NO excuse that a potential game 6 and game 7 has to be played on consecutive nights, AND there's travel involved!!

All the way from Philly to NY ?

PLEASE ....

It will take longer to get cleared to take off then it will to fly there.

Last edited:
Playoff bracket link: http://www.nhl.com/ice/stanleycup.htm

Looks like the winner of Bruins vs Wings takes on the winner of Lightning vs Habs. My prediction is that the Wings will have to go through the Bruins, Habs, and Penguins just to get to the final. If they were to make it to the final, with their luck, they'll probably have to face the Blackhawks.

Detroit Red Wings Fans rejoice !!!

NO games starting at 10:30 est !!!!!

They too are slated to play back to back nights for games 6 and 7, fortunately it's only a few hour flight.

Now Tampa and Montreal, I don't know the mileage or flight time, but that appears to be the longest ...

Nothing like the Wings going to San Jose or LA every year.

At least these teams are not going against the Time Zone changes.

Playoff bracket link: http://www.nhl.com/ice/stanleycup.htm

Looks like the winner of Bruins vs Wings takes on the winner of Lightning vs Habs. My prediction is that the Wings will have to go through the Bruins, Habs, and Penguins just to get to the final. If they were to make it to the final, with their luck, they'll probably have to face the Blackhawks.

Or someone on the West coast.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=714402

Round 1 playoff schedule.

G. Buttman has done quite a few blunders in his time. Renaming divisions, adding small market teams, adding the instigator penalty... but
WEEKEND AFTERNOON HOCKEY SUCKS!

We've been stuck inside for months, now with the weather breaking, the NHL even has some games scheduled for NOON.

Ain't that a no-sh*tter! I get up at 4:00 AM so I can actually get some sleep during these Stanley Cup Playoffs. Conversely, we're going up against a very good Boston team while we're going through a rebuilding process...so I hope it's not an early exit for the guys in Red & White. Regardless, we're playing the past few weeks and our youngsters are starting to show some maturity. Go Wings!

I remember in the early 90s....oilers and kings going deep in the third OT. I got up for school and the game was still on

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

All the way from Philly to NY ?

PLEASE ....

It will take longer to get cleared to take off then it will to fly there.

You're really missing my point here. There's no reason teams should be playing back to back nights in the playoffs, whether the games are in the same city or not. The fact that it's game 6 and 7 and there's travel involved only makes it worse. Hypothetically speaking, what if game 6 goes to multiple overtimes and then the teams have to play a winner take all game the next night? Very stupid!!

They too are slated to play back to back nights for games 6 and 7, fortunately it's only a few hour flight.

Now Tampa and Montreal, I don't know the mileage or flight time, but that appears to be the longest ...

Nothing like the Wings going to San Jose or LA every year.

At least these teams are not going against the Time Zone changes.

:confused: The Red Wings-Bruins series has no back to backs. In fact, they are playing every other day starting Friday.

Ain't that a no-sh*tter! I get up at 4:00 AM so I can actually get some sleep during these Stanley Cup Playoffs. Conversely, we're going up against a very good Boston team while we're going through a rebuilding process...so I hope it's not an early exit for the guys in Red & White. Regardless, we're playing the past few weeks and our youngsters are starting to show some maturity. Go Wings!

It will be a huge disappointment for the Bruins if they should lose to the Wings.

You're really missing my point here. There's no reason teams should be playing back to back nights in the playoffs, whether the games are in the same city or not. The fact that it's game 6 and 7 and there's travel involved only makes it worse. Hypothetically speaking, what if game 6 goes to multiple overtimes and then the teams have to play a winner take all game the next night? Very stupid!!

I agree with you entirely on this ....

Can you imagine if game 6 goes OT like you said and they have a Day game scheduled for game 7 (if it's a weekend, that could happen)

Red Wings-Bruins dates have been announced (times TBA). Surprisingly, the series opener is Friday and not Thursday.

Friday- @ Boston
Sunday- @ Boston (look for this to be either a noon or 3 pm start)
Tuesday- @ Detroit
Thursday- @ Detroit
Saturday- @ Boston
Monday- @ Detroit
Tuesday- @ Boston

:confused: The Red Wings-Bruins series has no back to backs. In fact, they are playing every other day starting Friday.

Is this post not correct ? this is what I went by for my post.

edit:
I see that this schedule has been changed, game 7 would be Wednesday, according to NHL.com

my first round predictions:

Bruins over Red Wings in 6- I've said it many times, there's no organization in all of sports that I respect more than the Red Wings. They have ALWAYS gone about business the right way. That said, I think the Bruins are just a little too deep for the Wings. Would an upset shock me? Absolutely not, but I think the B's have too much here

Canadiens over Lightning in 7-
Two equally matched teams, but I give experience the nod in a 7th game

Penguins over Blue Jackets in 5- Kudos to the Jackets. They're a great story, but I think the Pens will be a little too much

Flyers over Rangers in 6- Flipping a coin here. Just a hunch that the Flyers get it done

Ducks over Stars in 6- The Ducks offense will be a bit too mighty for the Stars

Kings over Sharks in 6- In Quick we trust

Avalanche over Wild in 5-
not sure if the Wild have enough scoring to keep up with the Avs

Blackhawks over Blues in 5- having a hard time picturing the struggling Blues suddenly turning it on against the defending champs

my first round predictions:

Bruins over Red Wings in 6- I've said it many times, there's no organization in all of sports that I respect more than the Red Wings. They have ALWAYS gone about business the right way. That said, I think the Bruins are just a little too deep for the Wings. Would an upset shock me? Absolutely not, but I think the B's have too much here

Canadiens over Lightning in 7-
Two equally matched teams, but I give experience the nod in a 7th game

Penguins over Blue Jackets in 5- Kudos to the Jackets. They're a great story, but I think the Pens will be a little too much

Flyers over Rangers in 6- Flipping a coin here. Just a hunch that the Flyers get it done

Ducks over Stars in 6- The Ducks offense will be a bit too mighty for the Stars

Kings over Sharks in 6- In Quick we trust

Avalanche over Wild in 5-
not sure if the Wild have enough scoring to keep up with the Avs

Blackhawks over Blues in 5- having a hard time picturing the struggling Blues suddenly turning it on against the defending champs

I agree with your assessment of the Wings and Bruins ... the rest I don't really know/care too much about.

Predictions:

Boston over Wings in 5
Habs over Bolts in 6
Pens over Columbus in 4
Rangers over Flyers in 7
Ducks over Stars in 6
Kings over Sharks in 5
Avs over Wild in 6
Blues over Hawks in 7

Wednesday's schedule

Canadiens at Lightning- 7:00pm ET (CNBC)- Game 1
Blue Jackets at Penguins- 7:30pm ET (NBCSN)- Game 1
Stars at Ducks- 10:00pm ET (NBCSN)- Game 1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)