2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Well, the Bruins came to play this afternoon. In the long-run the Wings earned a split on-the-road so they'll now have to focus on taking care business at home. Things should be jumping at The Joe come Tuesday night. We shall see.

Well, the Bruins came to play this afternoon. In the long-run the Wings earned a split on-the-road so they'll now have to focus on taking care business at home. Things should be jumping at The Joe come Tuesday night. We shall see.
I stopped watching the game when it was 4-1. At least the next 2 games are at the Joe. Looking forward to see some octopuses.:cool:

Al_the_Octopus_by_Bruins4Life.jpg

Last edited:
I would think that Seattle is louder, and thats OUTDOOR...

Yeah welll there's a tad difference between 68k fans and 21k fans.

Ive been to many playoffs games in Montreal and am telling you there's loud then there is DAMN LOUD...the last one (vs the Bruins) I couldnt hear my best friend despite he yelling in my ear. Had to text eachother for f*** sakes.

Do miss the Vinny Lecavlier and Marty St Louis days in Tampa....Team is not the same without those guys!

Congrats Habs fans.

Despite both players not being in their primes anymore... leadership and experience is priceless in the Playoffs. Habs' Danny Briere is playing his best hockey of the year right now...

Arena vs. Stadium. Regardless, the Habs fans are loud this evening and I'm having flashbacks of Guy Lafleur in my head.

Same rinks have reputations... Montreal's rink's rep is the loudest arena in NHL. Probably the best reputation though goes to the Old Boston Garden and Philly's Spectrum where opposing teams (or the Red Army) wondered if they'd get out of there alive.

I remember hearing some playoff stories from the 70s. It been said Boston officials would turn off the heat and hot water for the opposing team

Did anyone catch the Habs opening "ceremony" on TV? If the Habs management does anything right, they know how to rev' up the crowd.
The video introduction (while using the entire ice as the screen) was pure awesomeness.

What I really love though are the 2 kids who get to skate out first around the rink waving the Habs flag and standing guard at the door when the players hit the ice. Seeing each player fist pound the kids is pure class IMO.

3 years ago against the Caps in the playoffs, Ovechkin "snowed" one of the kids on his way to the bench. During that series, Ovechkin was the most hated man in Montreal...beating Loria which is pretty bad.

Monday's schedule

Penguins at Blue Jackets- 7:00pm ET (NBCSN)- Series tied 1-1
Avalanche at Wild- 7:00pm ET (NHL Network)- Avalanche lead series 2-0
Blues at Blackhawks- 8:30pm ET (CNBC)- Blues lead series 2-0
Ducks at Stars- 9:30pm ET (NBCSN)- Ducks lead series 2-0