2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs

I'm happy it's a 7pm start tomorrow night for the B's. None of this 12:30pm crap.

Good game all around. I didnt watch the entire game due to the little guy but it seems that the refs swallowed their whistles in this one.
Half way through the third, I told the GF this game was going to OT and the team not deserving to win will and its going to be someone you dont expect to score either (seems to happen in every series).

From what I saw in the 3rd, the Habs were the better team yet...

Anywho, no matter what happens in Game #5, this series is going the distance.

Cheers, K

Last edited:
I just didn't understand the torch/flame thing and the announcers didn't explain it one iota to the live audience turning-in to the broadcast. Anyway, we've got game.

Basically, the 'torch ceremony' pays respects to all the players in Canadiens history. It started during the final game at the Montreal Forum.

"The final game at the Forum was held March 11, 1996, a 4–1 victory over the Dallas Stars.[SUP][139][/SUP] Following the game, an elaborate ceremony was held with many of the franchise's greatest members welcomed onto the rink. The most boisterous response was reserved for Rocket Richard, who received a ten-minute standing ovation.[SUP][140][/SUP] Finally, Emile Bouchard, the oldest living former captain, came onto the ice bearing a lit torch, and it was passed in a symbolic trail through the Canadiens' history: Bouchard passed it to Richard, who passed it to Beliveau, and so on in chronological order to each former captain present, ending with Pierre Turgeon.[SUP][139][/SUP] In 72 years at the forum, the Canadiens won over 1,500 games and captured 22 Stanley Cups.[SUP][139]"[/SUP]

Anywho, no matter what happens in Game #5, this series is going the distance.

Cheers, K

Like I said before this series started, this is going to sudden death OT in Game 7. Sorry, but there's just no other possible conclusion to this series.

Not sure about how it is in Boston.. but in Montreal, its always something special when its with the Bruins in the playoffs. In terms on intensity, rivalry and gut wrenching plays....its awesome.

Dont care what anyone says, but this series here, IS the Cup finals as far as am concerned.

Not sure about how it is in Boston.. but in Montreal, its always something special when its with the Bruins in the playoffs. In terms on intensity, rivalry and gut wrenching plays....its awesome.

Dont care what anyone says, but this series here, IS the Cup finals as far as am concerned.

It's off the charts here also. The only rivalry that comes close in these parts is Red Sox-Yankees, but the last four or five years I think this rivalry is #1.

I wouldn't go as far as calling this the Cups Finals, but I do think the winner of this series will be favored in the next round.

Basically, the 'torch ceremony' pays respects to all the players in Canadiens history. It started during the final game at the Montreal Forum.

"The final game at the Forum was held March 11, 1996, a 4–1 victory over the Dallas Stars.[SUP][139][/SUP] Following the game, an elaborate ceremony was held with many of the franchise's greatest members welcomed onto the rink. The most boisterous response was reserved for Rocket Richard, who received a ten-minute standing ovation.[SUP][140][/SUP] Finally, Emile Bouchard, the oldest living former captain, came onto the ice bearing a lit torch, and it was passed in a symbolic trail through the Canadiens' history: Bouchard passed it to Richard, who passed it to Beliveau, and so on in chronological order to each former captain present, ending with Pierre Turgeon.[SUP][139][/SUP] In 72 years at the forum, the Canadiens won over 1,500 games and captured 22 Stanley Cups.[SUP][139]"[/SUP]

Thanks for the explanation, makes sense now !

When you meet 34 times (series not games) in the postseason, it's bound to be a heated rivalry. When the Nordiques and Whalers moved from the WHA to the NHL, there was a period when they were the new main rivals for the Habs and Bruins respectively. However, those rivalries were borne more out of geography, the Habs and Bruins have history....and lots of it!!

When you meet 34 times (series not games) in the postseason, it's bound to be a heated rivalry. When the Nordiques and Whalers moved from the WHA to the NHL, there was a period when they were the new main rivals for the Habs and Bruins respectively. However, those rivalries were borne more out of geography, the Habs and Bruins have history....and lots of it!!

Yup, I watched plenty of Bruins and Habs back when the Orr and Espo days were playing out. (Dryden too, I still rank him as one of the top goalies that I saw)

Yup, I watched plenty of Bruins and Habs back when the Orr and Espo days were playing out. (Dryden too, I still rank him as one of the top goalies that I saw)

Guy Lafleur, Steve Shutt, Bob Gainey, Larry Robinson, Mario Tremblay, Yvon Lambert, Serge Savard, Doug Jarvis, Doug Risebrough, Pierre Mondou, Bill Nyrop, Jacques Lemaire, Yvon Cournoyer, Guy Lapointe, Rejean Houle, and of course the imcomparable Kenny Dryden. That's the 1977-79 era Canadiens, and that's just the players I remember off the top of my head. I HATED them, but man did I respect them! IMO, the greatest collection of hockey talent the NHL has ever seen.....WOW, what a roster!!

Guy Lafleur, Steve Shutt, Bob Gainey, Larry Robinson, Mario Tremblay, Yvon Lambert, Serge Savard, Doug Jarvis, Doug Risebrough, Pierre Mondou, Bill Nyrop, Jacques Lemaire, Yvon Cournoyer, Guy Lapointe, Rejean Houle, and of course the imcomparable Kenny Dryden. That's the 1977-79 era Canadiens, and that's just the players I remember off the top of my head. I HATED them, but man did I respect them! IMO, the greatest collection of hockey talent the NHL has ever seen.....WOW, what a roster!!

I agree ... hated them, but Respected them.

I guess the rangers where not ready for their season to end today.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Saturday's schedule

Canadiens at Bruins- 7:00pm ET (NBCSN)- Series tied 2-2
Ducks at Kings- 9:30pm ET (NBCSN)- Kings lead series 2-1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)