2015 Dish Price Increase

I don't know what channels are in what packages in comparison to the Multi-Sports package, but it would allow someone to have a very low-end package and then add more sports for a reasonable amount of money.

The problem is that they require AT 120+ or higher to get the Multi-Sport pack. If I could have switched to Dish America or the Smart Pack and then added Multi-Sport to get my local RSN, MLB Network, Big Ten Network, and NFL Network I would probably still have Dish right now. Instead I decided it was all too much money for what I watched and cut the cord.

Dish requires you to subscribe to a package that already includes some of the channels they advertise as being included in Multi-sport. In my case, AT 120+ would already give me Fox Sports Detroit (the main reason I paid for TV) and Big Ten Network because of the state I live in. Then I was basically paying $11 for MLB Network and NFL Network.

It made Multi-sport a bad deal compared to just subscribing to AT 200. AT 200 is way more programing than I needed for my limited watching. The real kicker is that for some reason Multi-sport only gives you the pro sport owned networks in SD. You have to subscribe to AT 200 if you want to see them in HD.

I see that they are discontinuing the Dish America packages for new subscribers. It will be like Platinum and Absolute, sooner or later they will make us current subscribers change to a more expensive package. They always do. I have over 200 movies on my Ext HD, so I guess that I can drop Blockbuster@Home until I watch most of those movies, if I ever do.

Look at the price increase chart again. It's only "Silver" and "Gold" that are no longer offered - the basic Dish America is still available. Plus there are still "Silver" and "Gold" subscribers, but they are grandfathered.

The problem is that they require AT 120+ or higher to get the Multi-Sport pack
Ahhh, didn't know that. I saw that it said "with qualifying packages" or something but didn't look at the details.

The "+" gives us our regional sports networks but someone living in (?) can get the Big 10 Network with the MS package or I can get some-college-league-network other than B1N with MS.

I had three DISH accounts (mine/parents/aunt's, all in my name)and have been with them 18 years next month. Simply said that I was upset over losing CNN ,especially during the election and wanted to cancel because the prices and equipment fees are too high and he offered me the $25.00 for 6 months on two of my accounts . My aunt only has Welcome pack and Encore so I didn't even bother with that account. I just came off of having $20.00 off for 6 months before this. I call every 6 months to get what ever freebies and discounts I can . After all the equipment I have bought on all 3 accounts over the years, I think a discount is the least they can do .

Mike you're in danger of out cheaping "Cheap Charlie"!! :D

If DIY moves down a package I have to find out what minimum package Sirius/XM is and I might be dropping. Also will have to consider dropping BB@H and possibly sending back a Joey. Agree with most cost of TV has gotten too high. Unfortunately for us our options are limited by where we live.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Are you getting the BB@Home for half off at $5? If not, go online, and remove it, you should get a pop up asking if you want to continue half off. I don't know if the other premiums still do that, but once upon a time they did. MSP probably will too. FYI.

Reactions: fhsucade07
Unfortunately leaving and coming back on a regular schedule is the only real way to cut the TV bill...
If it was just me, I would do just that.
But, my wife doesn't adjust to change well when it comes to tech stuff. She would go nuts learning/re-learning the equipment and channels.
But, for single folks, and tech-savvy households, regularly switching providers is an excellent way to save money.

But, my wife doesn't adjust to change well when it comes to tech stuff. She would go nuts learning/re-learning the equipment and channels.
But, for single folks, and tech-savvy households, regularly switching providers is an excellent way to save money.
If you can go 60 days without service (use OTA or streaming for a while), you can come back to Dish and not have to relearn/change equipment and get the new customer deals.

If you can go 60 days without service (use OTA or streaming for a while), you can come back to Dish and not have to relearn/change equipment and get the new customer deals.
Mmmmmmmmmmmaybe. Especially since Longmire will be on Netflix next year. But, I still have Justified, Episodes, and Mad Men to consider in order to plan it just right.

This is from a list that I have now. Some may have changed since I got this list.

Encore channels
American Heroes Channel
beIN Sports
Bloomberg
Boomerang
Chiller
Cooking Channel
Destination America
Dish Music
DIY
Fox Sports 2
Fusion
FX Movies
GAC
H2
Hallmark Movies
MoviePlex
mun2
Nat Geo Wild
Nicktoons
Outdoor channel
Rural TV
Sportsman Channel
TheBlaze
TMC
VH! Classic
The absence of H2 would kill it for me. History was effectively gutted to create H2.

Look at the price increase chart again. It's only "Silver" and "Gold" that are no longer offered - the basic Dish America is still available. Plus there are still "Silver" and "Gold" subscribers, but they are grandfathered.

I've navigated all over Dish's website and can't see where they offer Dish America. How do you get to it?

Switch to streaming dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)