2015 Dish Price Increase

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Also apparently EPIX is now $10! If BB@H stayed the same price that really is the better deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well if BB@H increases beyond $10/month that isn't good at all...and beyond stupid considering most of it isn't any good. The only reason I went with it vs just EPIX was for the extra $3 I got a few other channels that were worth it.

This entire meandering argument in this thread about bundling vs. ala carte is predicated on one premise...that only one or the other can exist, and the introduction of ala carte will increase costs for all. If the choice is allowed for the existing bundle packages in addition to ala carte, then the financial impact on existing ballooned, over-extended, fiscally-irresponsible contracts would not be as massive.

Last edited:
I agree...there are more than a handful here that need their own forum. It should be called..."Unsubstantiated rumors, wild speculation, 1 sided opinions & utter BS".

When you get a chance can you check to see if there is any price change coming to the welcome pack?

For those of us that have it we would greatly appreciate knowing if there are any changes coming. Thanks

No increase on the welcome pack, will still be $19.99. Smart Pack goes up $2 to $34.99. Multi sport goes up $2 to $13. The AT packages go up $5. Someone mentioned Epix, unless something slipped past me, it's still $7 and BB@H is still $10. Four states started getting legal pre-notification in the bills in mid December, will shop up in bills for everybody else after 1/15/15. (Can't remember what the changes are in the Latino packages)

Also apparently EPIX is now $10! If BB@H stayed the same price that really is the better deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As in right this moment? I still see $7 on the Programming page. I hope BB@Home does not have an increase since we just added it although we used to have it years ago. I think $10 is enough.

This entire meandering argument in this thread about bundling vs. ala carte is predicated on one premise...that only one or the other can exist, and the introduction of ala carte will increase costs for all. If the choice is allowed for the existing bundle packages in addition to ala carte, then the financial impact on existing ballooned, over-extended, fiscally-irresponsible contracts would not be as massive.
I agree that, that would be a reasonable solution. The issue I see with that, though, is if offered ala carte and enough people decide to go that route, then to make up the cost difference the provider would have to raise rates for bundles substantially. I know channels are paid per subscriber, and I am not talking overnight bundle increases, but as contracts expire and need renewed we would see the rate increases.

I agree that, that would be a reasonable solution. The issue I see with that, though, is if offered ala carte and enough people decide to go that route, then to make up the cost difference the provider would have to raise rates for bundles substantially. I know channels are paid per subscriber, and I am not talking overnight bundle increases, but as contracts expire and need renewed we would see the rate increases.

In other words, the only way Dish can pay for the channels which most people don't even watch is to charge everyone for them.

Reactions: foghorn2
In other words, the only way Dish can pay for the channels which most people don't even watch is to charge everyone for them.
The only way the programmers will stop extorting their channels and paying overpriced fiscally irresponsible contracts for content is for people to stop paying the pig.

I agree. Both bundles and ala cart should be able to exist in the market. There will always be someone that wants bundles,because they can afford it and they want all the channels . Either way the industry needs to change or the current model will implode eventually , then it will be to late.

Not necessarily. Yes Dish charges more then they pay for the channels, but they have to. That said, when the contracts start expiring, and getting renewed, the channel owners are going to have to charge more on their per sub price, to make up for the lost revenue on their ala carte channels. It should be that channels that have lower viewership should die, and ala carte would be a way to make that happen, but its going to take money out of the networks pockets, and we ALL know that isnt happening.

Networks are going to start losing money anyway, if they don't change, as viewers are starting to drop service. The prices they want can't be sustained by the majority of the viewing audience. I bet all providers show a sub loss in the next few quarters.

Networks are going to start losing money anyway, if they don't change, as viewers are starting to drop service. The prices they want can't be sustained by the majority of the viewing audience. I bet all providers show a sub loss in the next few quarters.
I actually agree with this more. They will adapt, and figure a way to make more money then ever before. Maybe raise their rates on the streaming sites, such as Netflix, Amazon etc. Who knows.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)