2015 Dish Price Increase

Holy cow, you really love that company. Why in the world did you ever leave? It sounds like the happiest place on earth!
I do love Dish as a company, but the call center I was working in was bad for the soul. Management was incredibly bad. I was even told that after i got promoted, I was better than my employees, so I shouldn't even smoke with them. I treated each of my employees like human beings, and that was not my call centers motto. They now have a huge retention issue with employees, since I left, but since going back to school, my stress levels have been down. Again, this wasn't because of Dish, and their policies. Dish truly is not a bad place to work. This was very specific to my management team, which no longer exists, as my leaving was the catalyst that set the next few months and future of that call center into motion. I still hve many friends there, and still get many thanks for making them change how business is run. I am all for running things particular ways, but there are lines that should never be crossed, and those lines were violated. So, long story short, It would not have benefitted myself, or the company to stay in that particular position, so we seperates, and I still help out from time to time, on a purely volunteer basis.

They certainly fixed it. I can say from the majority of people I talked to still there, are much much happier. Which I am very happy for.

The stock market is at an all time high but I look at it at a few different ways. One, these companies have found ways to cut their cost and employment when we were in that last recession. Many have not hired all the people back and kept their cost cutting measures even though the sales have went back up. So the economy may be better for the companies but not as good for the public as it may not have had as much effect as it would have in the past. Two, the dollar is not worth as much as it used to be due to inflation, therefore, the DOW JONES being at 18,000 in today's dollars is not as good as some may think as it would be the same value as 13,500 back in 2000 DOW JONES was close to 12,000 so we have not really gained hardly anything in the stock market at all from our all time highes back then when you figure inflation into the equation.

Dish prices have risen more than the rate of inflation although we have more channels, technology and services available to us today than we did back then. As technology matures its supposed to get cheaper though just as televisions and computers have.

Is is just Iowa that seems to have tons of jobs available? I can travel 20 miles and see at least 5 huge "Now Hiring" signs. These aren't just small time jobs either. John Deer is hiring, lots of mechanic jobs for cars and heavy machinery, manager jobs and of course the typical factory jobs. I'm part owner of an Case IH dealership and we have been really struggling to find some decent mechanics. In fact all of the area dealers have to compete to get these kids out of high school already, almost like recruiting athletes. These are not low paying jobs either, they pay well and have full benefits.

Maybe we just need more people to move back to Iowa. ;)

Reactions: charlesrshell
Just received this email from Dish..

Account Number: *****

Dear Nathan,

Starting January 30, 2015, DISH is changing pricing on select programming and services. Customers will see up to a $5 increase on their programming. You will receive detailed information about these changes in your next bill.

Thank you for being a valued DISH customer.

Just got my price increase email from Dish. Said the following: Starting January 30, 2015, DISH is changing pricing on select programming and services. Customers will see up to a $7 increase on their programming. You will receive detailed information about these changes in your next bill. Thank you for being a valued DISH customer."

2015 will be the year I seriously start to look at other providers. I know they all have price increases but if I can lower my monthly bill by $20-30 then that's a big win for me.

Thanks,
Frank

End speculation on price increase at least for me.

DISH
1:19 PM (14 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Account Number: ************

Dear Robert Bob,

Starting January 30, 2015, DISH is changing pricing on select programming and services. Customers will see up to a $5 increase on their programming. You will receive detailed information about these changes in your next bill.

Thank you for being a valued DISH customer.

my mom just got the same email just a second ago i have to tell her what is going on tonight when she gets home she pays the dish bill.

No email for me yet, though it sounds like from the two emails that while they say they will follow up with details, one persons is seeing a five dollar increase and one a seven dollar increase on programming. Seven is quite the jump!

For me I downgraded to 120+, I miss a few channels but kind of made me realize I did not need all the channels in 250

Last edited:
Reactions: lhfh
it has been decided. first part of next year, we will say farewell.

time warner offers the triple play bundle for $89. in all, that will save ~$150/mo compared to what we are paying for the 3 now- and have more channels.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts