2015 MLB Postseason

The Pirates got off to something like an 11-18 start didn't they?? Also, they had a losing record against every team in the division, even the Reds and Brewers....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David Price is going to command ace money on the open market, but I hope the Red Sox don't touch him with a 10 foot pole! 0-6 with an ERA north of 5 in six career postseason starts is no accident!

David Price is going to command ace money on the open market, but I hope the Red Sox don't touch him with a 10 foot pole! 0-6 with an ERA north of 5 in six career postseason starts is no accident!
The Tigers will be happy to get Price with your RED SOX money and take thier chances.

The Tigers will be happy to get Price with your RED SOX money and take thier chances.

Not sure why you're shouting "RED SOX", but if gaudy regular season stats are how you define success then David Price is all yours. I'd rather have a Madison Bumgarner, Jon Lester or Cliff Lee- pitchers that aren't going to soil their uniform when the lights are brightest.

How about an all Texas AL championship game? :)

Unfortunately MLB, in it's infinite wisdom, gave the TV rights to Fox FS1 so once again I won't be able to watch the AL playoffs.

Not sure why you're shouting "RED SOX", but if gaudy regular season stats are how you define success then David Price is all yours. I'd rather have a Madison Bumgarner, Jon Lester or Cliff Lee- pitchers that aren't going to soil their uniform when the lights are brightest.
Well see what happens in his next start ...

I'll take him regardless.

Well see what happens in his next start ...

I'll take him regardless.

Now don't get me wrong, David Price is a very good pitcher. But to be considered an "ace" you can't go 0-6 in the postseason

Hopefully, that continues tonight. You know if you would have told me that the Mets would make the playoffs in April, I would have laughed in your face. But I'm glad there here. I think there playing with house money now. Who thought they'd be here? I'm glad we got some new blood in the playoffs too. Mets, Astros, Blue Jays and Cubs.

ALWC: Astros over Yankees
NLWC: Cubs over Pirates

NLDS: Mets over Dodgers in 4
NLDS: Cubs over Cards in 5

ALDS: Blue Jays over Rangers in 5
ALDS: Royals over Astros in 3

NLCS: Mets over Cubs in 6
ALCS: Blue Jays over Royals in 7

World Series

What the hell. Mets over the Blue Jays in 6.

Now don't get me wrong, David Price is a very good pitcher. But to be considered an "ace" you can't go 0-6 in the postseason
I'll still take Verlander / Price going into the Playoffs and feel pretty good about it.

Price's unlucky streak has to come to an end sometime.
The teams he has played with in the playoffs ... TB was a Price and out team ... so not sure how much of a team he had around him, despite making the playoffs.

Tigers made it in '14, but they didn't go far ...

Seeing my Tigers are no where to be found ... yes, I like the new blood being in it.

I will root / hope for ... Cubs, Jays/Astros ...

Sorry, just can't believe the Mets made it.
When was the last time ? Seaver days ?

The Pirates got off to something like an 11-18 start didn't they?? Also, they had a losing record against every team in the division, even the Reds and Brewers....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. They need to win games in their division.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Utley takes out the Mets SS and all the announcers are up in arms about protecting the middle infielders.

Last month when the same exact thing happened to Kang no one said a thing.

I guess when you play for a small market team no one cares.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

NY papers are saying it might be a career ending injury. Utley the luckiest man in baseball, clearly going for the tackle and never came close to touching the base. Called out and then Tejada wheeled off to the hospital after the hockey style goon hit. For a reward Utley gets the out call overturned and put back on second instead of the umpires calling both runners out for interference. I disagree strongly with them that it wasn't a neighborhood play as Tejada was moving to throw to first. Utley also should have been thrown out of the game and Joe Torre said he is going to be looking into discipline for Utley for the late slide. Umpiring in this series is some of the worst I've seen in 45 years of watching baseball.

NY papers are saying it might be a career ending injury. Utley the luckiest man in baseball, clearly going for the tackle and never came close to touching the base. Called out and then Tejada wheeled off to the hospital after the hockey style goon hit. For a reward Utley gets the out call overturned and put back on second instead of the umpires calling both runners out for interference. I disagree strongly with them that it wasn't a neighborhood play as Tejada was moving to throw to first. Utley also should have been thrown out of the game and Joe Torre said he is going to be looking into discipline for Utley for the late slide. Umpiring in this series is some of the worst I've seen in 45 years of watching baseball.
While I did not see the game, I did see the highlights, the slide was extremely late and definitely intentional.

I believe the rule book says as long as he can reach the bag, hes ok with where the slide was, I don't agree, but I think thats what its listed as.

Utley gets 2 games and wants to appeal .... of course he does, he'll appeal and play the next two games and the season could be over, or he could do something positive to help the team advance.
If they don't deny the appeal tomorrow, MLB will be a laughing stock with thier rules.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)