2015 NCAA football discussion thread

WHY are there games on New Years Eve night?
I guess ESPN thinks folks don't go out and celebrate

I heard on the radio this morning that ESPN wants to move those games badly but the NCAA will not let them.

How about that B1G Championship game? Man that was awesome! My wife and I along with some friends went to it and we had a blast. It was tough losing but man was that an entertaining game. I still think the Hawks should have won but MSU was tough. I'm pretty excited for the Rose Bowl and happy they got picked because they earned it.

Reactions: king3pj
I love the concept of great games on NYE and NYD... A whole day of games two days in a row. I had a larger issue with the SECCG on at 3, and then packing the Pac, Big10 and ACC on at the same time!!! Dumb.

To me, NYE is amatuer night and I prefer to be in with a party at the house, or hanging out downtown in a nice bar with a hotel room for later that night. Too many idiots partying harder than they are used to and not understanding how to run a marathon instead of a sprint.

I think the Buckeyes are pretty pissed off about this season and if Elliot and the QBs mind is right then I wouldnt want to be ND.
This could go either way, IF the Buckeyes come out and play like they are capable, like they should have most of the year, like they did against Michigan, then yes, it many be one sided, however, If they come out and fall into the funk they did on the O side of things that they did when the QB situation was not resolved and the O Co was bouncing around with the O Line then it will go the other way.

Strangely it took them 11 games to decide to give the O Line job to someone else and have the guy that was suppose to be running the O move upstairs (where he subsequently could see the whole game much easier and quicker and make correct calls he couldn't do on the side lines).
Once he moved upstairs, the Offense flowed .... He's a very good O CO as well as a very good Line coach, but you can't do both jobs at the same time, he proved it.

VT is playing Tulsa day after Xmas... total pisser and let down to all VT fans as NC State a team we beat is going to Charlotte instead when IMO VT should have been playing there not them. Closer game, easier to travel to for sure for majority of fans. I was gonna go if it was there but I'm not going to travel to Shreveport the day after xmas...nope just isn't going to happen. I would rather NOT have a bowl than this crap bowl with a junk AAC team.

Ohh well - we finally got an offensive coach that will put the pedal down rather than knee the ball for sportsmanship with 2 minutes of play left.. I pay for my tickets to watch a football game not watch them knee the ball..tired of beamer and that crap. He retained Foster and his defensive coaches and got rid of the rest including Beamers son who can't coach RB's to save his ass! Will be looking forward to see what shows up next year but I don't see VT becoming a NT threat for at least 2-3 more years after they recruit a little and get a good QB back in there of the likes from Tyrod and Vick.

The Injury quote goes both ways and for MOST teams in football.

I agree to an extent. When you see teams playing a decent to tough schedule lose key players like qb's (look at Oh St last year), its rare they plug and play and keep fighting. A lot of teams fall apart. Notre Dame has had some key starters go down, but that team has heart and I don't see them just showing up and getting hammered. I do feel Oh St wins, but I think it will be a good game unless someone shows up asleep.

just the type of fan that will be crying their team didn't want to be there, when the junk AAC team beats them

Ive listened to our fans complain for two days about Houston. I swear fans are always so damn negative. Here is how I see it, Houston is a top 20 team, won the AAC and has a pretty good offense statistically. Their coach is top notch so he will have them ready. My answer to Fsu fans is we should have handled a not so good Ga Tech, and we'd be ranked above ND and probably playing Oh St. It's the way the ball bounces (literally in that Ga Tech game)... For me, I get to spend new years in Atlanta attending a quality bowl getting to watch my team live one more time (this will be my 6th game this year) and then partying afterward. Whats to be mad about? Especially when you don't choose the opponent. The peach is a great bowl and large payout for the conference. I already have my tickets, sitting about 40 yard line 16 rows up from the field in the Ga Dome, gonna be a blast!!!

The only thing I hate about a game like this, with regards to the media, is if the Noles win big "they should have", if they play it tight or lose they get hammered. It's a no win, but most stuff with the media is a no win nowadays so screw them...

Saying you would rather not have a bowl than play an potentially inferior opponent, is, well, not gonna say it...

VT is playing Tulsa day after Xmas... total pisser and let down to all VT fans as NC State a team we beat is going to Charlotte instead when IMO VT should have been playing there not them. Closer game, easier to travel to for sure for majority of fans. I was gonna go if it was there but I'm not going to travel to Shreveport the day after xmas...nope just isn't going to happen. I would rather NOT have a bowl than this crap bowl with a junk AAC team.

Ohh well - we finally got an offensive coach that will put the pedal down rather than knee the ball for sportsmanship with 2 minutes of play left.. I pay for my tickets to watch a football game not watch them knee the ball..tired of beamer and that crap. He retained Foster and his defensive coaches and got rid of the rest including Beamers son who can't coach RB's to save his ass! Will be looking forward to see what shows up next year but I don't see VT becoming a NT threat for at least 2-3 more years after they recruit a little and get a good QB back in there of the likes from Tyrod and Vick.

I see your Shreveport at 5:45PM EST, and raise you St Petersberg at 11AM! The travel is just too brutal to overcome.

some of the descriptions are AWESOME!
(the Minnesota one is so true)

Central Michigan (7-5) vs. Minnesota (5-7): A mid-tier MAC team against a Big Ten team that lost more games than it won in Detroit on a December evening. What more could you ask for?

Reactions: Scherrman
I agree to an extent. When you see teams playing a decent to tough schedule lose key players like qb's (look at Oh St last year), its rare they plug and play and keep fighting. A lot of teams fall apart. Notre Dame has had some key starters go down, but that team has heart and I don't see them just showing up and getting hammered. I do feel Oh St wins, but I think it will be a good game unless someone shows up asleep.
I agree that this should be a good game regardless.

Sadly (not sure how or why they do this) Ohio State vs Notre Dame game is at 1 pm on New Years Day and the Michigan Wolverines game is at the EXACT same time.
You'd think these people that put this stuff together would try to make it so your Conference games are not all at the same time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)