2015 NCAA football discussion thread

In a game of two teams that were battling to make the New Years Day games from the lower conferences, Toledo beat Temple last night in a driving rain most of the night.
I think it was pretty much between these two teams and Houston and Memphis most of the year for that bowl game with Houston winning out.

Toledo won 32-17 pulling away late.

In a game of two teams that were battling to make the New Years Day games from the lower conferences, Toledo beat Temple last night in a driving rain most of the night.
I think it was pretty much between these two teams and Houston and Memphis most of the year for that bowl game with Houston winning out.

Toledo won 32-17 pulling away late.

The score makes it look worse than it was. Temple was down by 8 with a few minutes left and went of the onside kick. I'm pretty sure they recovered it initially but under the pile Toledo came up with it. Toledo then busted off a long TD which made it look like they won easily. I really wish the ball was given to Temple because that was a great game and would have enjoyed seeing them try to tie it up in the final minutes.

The score makes it look worse than it was. Temple was down by 8 with a few minutes left and went of the onside kick. I'm pretty sure they recovered it initially but under the pile Toledo came up with it. Toledo then busted off a long TD which made it look like they won easily. I really wish the ball was given to Temple because that was a great game and would have enjoyed seeing them try to tie it up in the final minutes.
Toledo scored 14 early in the 4th quarter and they game was pretty much never in doubt at that point, being up 25 - 9 ... I was never worried that Toledo would not win.

Sadly Toledo's running game never really got going the way it usually does, you would have thought it would have been a heavy dose of running with the poring rain all night, but both teams seemed to throw pretty well.

first time Im glad the Tulsa game is on pay tv. weather nazis strike again preempting coverage of the sun bowl and pinstripe bowl so we can watch the pretty colors of the weather radar for 2hrs. :oldmad another reason it annoys me being forced to pay for locals with any subscription package.

Wow, anyone watching the Nebraska / UCLA game.
They give a guy just before the end of the half a Targeting penalty, review is and uphold the call... somehow.
Not sure how you call it targeting ... guy turned his head, wrapped the arms to make the tackle, no launch or anything like that.

FG's are allowed to be reviewed ... except when the ball goes over the height of the uprights ... you would think that would be the MOST BENIFICIAL time to use it.
How would they know what it would do if "theoretically" the goalposts were higher?
Would it clang and go inside the uprights?
Would it clang and go thud to the ground?

We dont know....thats probably why they can't review it because its a judgement call

So I know alot of the country is having some oddball ass winter but tuning in yesterday to see

nice and 60's in NYC for Pinstripe Bowl AND
a freaking blizzard in EL PASO, TEXAS????? for the Sun Bowl?

Hell they should have had a bowl game this year at TCF Bank Stadium....we just got snow Friday night and its been warmer this December (not 60's but 40)

How would they know what it would do if "theoretically" the goalposts were higher?
Would it clang and go inside the uprights?
Would it clang and go thud to the ground?

We dont know....thats probably why they can't review it because its a judgement call
I agree, however, they showed an angle the other day that looked like it DID go inside the post if you would have the post continue straight up.
I think thats why the kicker was so upset ...

So I know alot of the country is having some oddball ass winter but tuning in yesterday to see

nice and 60's in NYC for Pinstripe Bowl AND
a freaking blizzard in EL PASO, TEXAS????? for the Sun Bowl?

Hell they should have had a bowl game this year at TCF Bank Stadium....we just got snow Friday night and its been warmer this December (not 60's but 40)
Its been real strange weather wise here as well.
40s and 50s this week then a high of 30 next Friday.

Wow, anyone watching the Nebraska / UCLA game.
They give a guy just before the end of the half a Targeting penalty, review is and uphold the call... somehow.
Not sure how you call it targeting ... guy turned his head, wrapped the arms to make the tackle, no launch or anything like that.

That was such a terrible call and the fact that they had a chance to review it and still called it targeting is just ridiculous. Those officials should be banned from officiating for a while.

Gotta love trying to watch your Conference bowls games ...
They have 3 Big Ten games all scheduled at the same time frame, and 2 of them on at the exact same time.
Ohio State and Michigan are on at 1 pm, with Northwestern starting an hour earlier.
Fortunately the Rose Bowl has its own time slot when Iowa plays.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)