2015 NCAA football discussion thread

Another reason why we should just use the top 8 in the AP poll in a playoff based on rank, do away with the committee and the conf championships. it solves all problems. even the one about teams not having a championship game. The AP poll and the committee typically are very close at the end anyway. It even accounts for another playoff weekend and game by eliminating this weekend. heck no one with half a Brain thought that Mich St, Bama, or Clemson would lose yesterday and they didnt.

this would solve the 4 main complaints against the current system
1. boo hoo my team didnt get in. you just have to accept the top 8 in the AP or the old BCS systems.
2. the committe doesnt know what its doing.
3. the extra weekend required to extend a playoff
4. some conferences or independents dont have championship games.

Switching to top 8 wouldn't stop the arguments for teams not getting in. In that scenario it would just be teams ranked 9, 10, and 11 wanting a spot instead of 5, 6, and 7.

Hell, the March Madness basketball tournament is up to 68 teams now and we still have people talking about how the committee messed up and someone got screwed. It doesn't matter how many teams you expand it to, the teams just on the edge who are left out will want in.

Sec championship locked up. Always again a little more special when it's against the gators.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had this been a game the Buckeyes played, they would have been penalized for giving up 15 points instead of pointing out how dominant the winning team was ...

Bama was caught playing with their food allowing UF to score all those points...

It should be

1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. Oklahoma
4. Michigan St.

But this committee will never allow Oklahoma to play Alabama in Dallas, so it will conveniently flip OU and MSU.

This committee of fools will also punish teams for losing their conference championship games. UNC, Iowa and Florida should get NY6 bowls but will not because they lost a game other teams didn't make it to.

Iowa will almost for sure be in a NY6 bowl. But I agree, I'm pretty sure Oklahoma gets moved to #4 so they don't play Bama in the first round, and the committee will have the excuse of them not playing this week and Mich St being a conf champ to cover their butts. IMO, the Sooners would hammer both sparty and iowa.

And muschamp looks like he's gonna be a Cock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It amazes me USCe is dumb enough to drop coin on a guy that sucked as a head coach at UF, after just one season of being demoted to a coordinator. They are trying to go Aubie level with "getting stupid with your money".

Speaking of Aubie and $$$, looks like they have a 3 year offer into FSU's DC for around 5million total.

It amazes me USCe is dumb enough to drop coin on a guy that sucked as a head coach at UF, after just one season of being demoted to a coordinator. They are trying to go Aubie level with "getting stupid with your money".

Speaking of Aubie and $$$, looks like they have a 3 year offer into FSU's DC for around 5million total.
I'm proud to be Auburn stupid
Haven't heard that about next DC.
Only name I've heard is Travaris Robinson. Promoting him. Though he may follow Muschamp or take another job at another school. There are still plenty of openings.

Another reason why we should just use the top 8 in the AP poll in a playoff based on rank, do away with the committee and the conf championships. it solves all problems. even the one about teams not having a championship game. The AP poll and the committee typically are very close at the end anyway.
The AP is filled with a bunch of uninformed lemmings. The reason the AP and committee are very close at the end is because the AP pretty much copies the committee. Look at how different the last AP was before the committee's first ranking, and how the next week the AP just copied it. At least a committee is somewhat accountable, few if any complaints about the one used for B-Ball.

Anyway, the AP does not allow it's poll to be used for seeding anymore, that's why it was removed from the BCS several years ago.

LOL, I was just amazed at one point how many coaches Aubie was paying to not coach, across multiple sports. Then you bring in Muschamp for $1.6 million :eeek

Charles Kelly, the DC at FSU has ties to Auburn. I would expect he stays at FSU and Jimbo gets him up close to a million, but if he wants $1.5 mil I say let him go. Mike London is on the market right now and would be a fine DC. Kelly makes $580k right now, got a raise last year, and is not worth another million to keep.

The AP is filled with a bunch of uninformed lemmings. The reason the AP and committee are very close at the end is because the AP pretty much copies the committee. Look at how different the last AP was before the committee's first ranking, and how the next week the AP just copied it. At least a committee is somewhat accountable, few if any complaints about the one used for B-Ball.

Anyway, the AP does not allow it's poll to be used for seeding anymore, that's why it was removed from the BCS several years ago.

You have writers with agendas. The ND writer was caught putting us way down the list compared to every else, and thats because ND and FSU were neck in neck in rankings at the times. All the polls have agenda's, but Ive been OK with what the PO committee does at the end so far. Some of the week to week explaining that makes no sense probably needs to be left off the airwaves, especially Jeff Long.

I need Clemson to win to ensure a trip to the Peach on 12/31, because I will be there.
I might go to the Peach this year. Kids aren't in town, and I need something to do. A buddy and I go to the Peach every few years, this one might be a good one to do it again for.

You have writers with agendas. The ND writer was caught putting us way down the list compared to every else, and thats because ND and FSU were neck in neck in rankings at the times. All the polls have agenda's, but Ive been OK with what the PO committee does at the end so far. Some of the week to week explaining that makes no sense probably needs to be left off the airwaves, especially Jeff Long.
Coaches are just as bad (or worse), Lane Kiffin was kicked out of the coaches poll for doing the same when he was at USC(w). Not to mention the Texas politicking a few years prior.

The committee actually explains it's reasoning, which I like. Plus there's the accountability angle.

Reactions: Jimbo
More and more coaches are aligned with jimmy sexton. Who can blame them. He plays the press like a fiddle this time of year. Drops a name and they get a raise.

I might go to the Peach this year. Kids aren't in town, and I need something to do. A buddy and I go to the Peach every few years, this one might be a good one to do it again for.

Im just waiting until the afternoon to grab tickets.

Will prob head up on 30th, check in and do booster party. Hit game on 31st, try and find a spot afterwards to watch the playoffs, and then spend Fri and Sat in White Ga where we have friends.

Coaches are just as bad (or worse), Lane Kiffin was kicked out of the coaches poll for doing the same when he was at USC(w). Not to mention the Texas politicking a few years prior.

The committee actually explains it's reasoning, which I like. Plus there's the accountability angle.

More and more coaches are aligned with jimmy sexton. Who can blame them. He plays the press like a fiddle this time of year. Drops a name and they get a raise.

Agree on both!

Some good games yesterday some bad games but best game imo was Clemson/N.C and Michigan State/Iowa the worse Alabama /Fla imo!! :)

Iowa/Mi State was good as was the AAC game.

In FCS playoffs NDSU destroyed Montana....the herd is rumbling towards FIVE

AP
clemson-logo.png

Clemson (51)
AlabamaCrimsonTide.png

Alabama (9)
MSU_Helmet_1Color_RGB.png

Michigan State (1)
oklahoma_0.png

Oklahoma
stanford.png

Stanford
IowaHawkeyes.png

Iowa
Ohio_State_Buckeyes.png

Ohio State
notredame_logo.png

Notre Dame
FSU_Seminoles_logo.png

Florida State
UNC%20%281%29.png

North Carolina
TCULogo.png

TCU
Northwestern-University-Logo.png

Northwestern
oklahoma-state-cowboys_0.png

Oklahoma State
HoustonCougars.png

Houston
Oregon-Ducks-logo.png

Oregon
olemiss.png

Block-M---Maize.png

Michigan
BaylorBears_0.png

Baylor
Florida-Gators_logo.png

Florida
Utah
Navy
22 LSU
Wisconsin
Temple
Western Kentucky

Committee released 1-4, no big surprises:

1 - Clemson
2 - Alabama
3 - Michigan St.
4 - Oklahoma

In the conversation with the committee head and ESPN announcers, the committee head pretty much admitted that not playing a conference championship game is why Oklahoma dropped below Michigan St.
Maybe now the Big XII will start looking at living up to it's name again.

I think one talk was Herman staying at Houston is they could be a Big 12 addition.

I also noticed they commented on Clemson's body of work and beating 3 top 10 teams. Prob means FSU, ND and UNC are all in top 10.

Prob have Stanford, Iowa/Oh St, ND and FSU. Not sure though if UNC doesnt drop from 10, BUT, everyone behind them has 2 or 3 losses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)