2016 NCAA football discussion thread

Today showed why the Heisman vote should take place after all games are played, barring a terrible game vs Bama, DeShaun Watson is the real Heisman Winner

Sent from my SM-G925V using the SatelliteGuys app!

Yeah said it last night.. damn shame they gave it to a guy that didn't earn it and you had 2-3 QB's that had better over all stats including Watson and way more heart than Jackson.

I'll just leave this here :D

sLVl2Sy.jpg

Looks like Saban and Kiffin were ready to part ways.

Lane Kiffin isn’t sticking around to run Alabama’s offense in the national championship game, bringing an end to a successful but sometimes tense three-year pairing with Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban.

Saban said Monday that Kiffin will leave to focus on his new job as Florida Atlantic’s head coach. Incoming offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian will replace him for the Jan. 9 game against Clemson in Tampa, Florida.

Kiffin and Saban said they made the decision after meetings following the Peach Bowl win over Washington

Kiffin was asked before the Peach Bowl if he could recall the happiest moment with Saban in a game.

“I don’t recall a happy moment,” he said, adding that he only remembers the many times he was chewed out. “I won’t take that part of the process with me, though.”
:D

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...abamas-oc-steve-sarkisian-take-over/96081884/

Last edited:
Man, Penn state is giving a big F U to the committee.

Getting harder to argue against them after the fact.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

If I see one more idiot coach call a three man rush on defense I'm going to throw a shoe at the screen. I'm sick of it. It has a failure rate in excess of 90% yet they keep calling it. PS called it five times resulting in three first downs and two TD's in five plays for USC. It's just plain ridiculous. Not to mention you've got a 14 point lead with 8 minutes to go and one of the three best running backs in college football but instead of running the clock down you keep calling pass plays giving USC more than enough time to pull out the game. Absurd.

Looks like Saban was finally tired of Kiffin, and was the one that moved to get rid of him before next week's game.

http://markbradley.blog.myajc.com/2017/01/02/good-riddance-saban-gives-the-brat-kiffin-the-boot/

Houston was also brutally honest on why they didn't hire him. :p

http://markbradley.blog.myajc.com/2...eeds-florida-atlantic-more-than-it-needs-him/
Houston booster/regent Tilman Fertitta said of Kiffin, whom the Cougars spurned as head coach: “(He) was not a safe hire.”

Kiffin’s career record as head coach is 40-36. He has talked a great game and delivered next to nothing. Maybe he’d have done well had he stayed at Tennessee for more than 13 games, but he skipped K-town for the bright lights of L.A., where not four years later he was fired on the tarmac of LAX and had to find a ride home.

As an offensive coordinator, Kiffin has done nicely at Alabama. But that’s as offensive coordinator, not as head coach. (Bama has one of those, thanks very much.) Forget about being the next Nick Saban. Nothing Kiffin has done as a head coach makes you think he’s the next Gary Barnett.

As a head coach, the only thing Kiffin has done without fail is tick people off. (Ergo, twice fired.) For all who believe L’il Kiffy has Grown Up while working in the court of the crimson king, my response would be: How can we know? Saban muzzles his assistants. His offensive coordinator could well be the same brat he was at Knoxville, but in Tuscaloosa he had no microphone.

How could Kirby Smart walk into a Power Five job when Kiffin couldn’t? Because Smart — apologies in advance — hadn’t proved himself to be a smart aleck. Because Smart appeared nothing if not solid. Kiffin has a track record of flightiness. He talks the talk, but let’s recall how his USC team that began the 2012 season ranked No. 1 finished: It lost to 6-7 Georgia Tech in the Sun Bowl.

If you’re a Power Five athletic director, you want no part of Kiffin just yet. (Houston isn’t quite Power Five, but it balked, too.)

http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...-show-he-hasnt-grown-up-in-latest-early-exit/

Getting fired from a job you already quit. Priceless. :clapping

Last edited:
Reports are Kiffen is still on campus and participating in practices. Sark is just running it as the actual OC.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...-at-alabama-after-all-could-be-at-title-game/

Speaking on ESPN's "Mike & Mike In the Morning," Kiffin said he's inquiring about being in the press box during the game to assist with the offense's game plan. In essence, he would be flipping roles with Sarkisian, who was an offensive analyst for the Tide before his anticipated promotion.

"We do not know legally whether we can do that," Kiffin said. "Sidelines for sure would not [be allowed], but the press box would be ideal because that would exchange Sark and I what his role was and then what my role was. Then he can come down to the field and coach the players."

Story has been updated. Looks like the original was based on Kiffin lies.

Update: Well, that was fun while it lasted.

Alabama coach Nick Saban shot down the notion that recently departed offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin would help out the Crimson Tide offense in any way during the national championship. Speaking with reporters on Tuesday, Saban said Kiffin wanting to assist in the coaches box was "not something we're interested in pursuing." He also said "it's not possible from a legal standpoint" for it to happen.

Kiffin may have a hard time breaking away, but Saban clearly does not.

Clemson would kill Penn State if they played ...
Clemson has a much more aggressive defense ...

I never expected Penn State and USC to be a shoot out.

I think Penn State could have at least scored against Clemson..they are a conf champ and should have played them which now the comm should look at that in the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)