2016 NCAA football discussion thread

Wow. OK light just blew that one!! What a game

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Bad coaching trying to run the clock out and bad officiating giving them the extra untimed down. Chippewas have been tough the last few years. We've enjoyed playing them, hope it can continue. It's a nice non conference game

Reactions: Ronnie-
Pitts and Penn state was a great game as well. As was Georgia and Nicholls. This has been a great start so far

Bad coaching trying to run the clock out and bad officiating giving them the extra untimed down. Chippewas have been tough the last few years. We've enjoyed playing them, hope it can continue. It's a nice non conference game

What was wrong with the officiating? I am a Central Michigan alumni so I might be a little biased but it looked legitimate to me.

Either way that game was a lot of fun to watch. I'm really impressed with the way Cooper Rush played at QB today.

Edit: For those who didn't see it. Here is the crazy play CMU scored on with no time on the clock to win it. I haven't been able to find a good YouTube link to embed here yet so you will have to click the link and watch the video at ESPN.com.

Well this sucks, tried to watch the Ga Tech - Mercer game on the ESPN app on my Xbox One, said it was blacked out, tried doing it with my laptop hooked up to the tv, same thing, blacked out.
But it does work on my iphone (no idea why, but it does). so I get to watch the game on a phone screen, fun fun...

No idea why it's blacked out either, no ones showing the game.

It was fine the entire game until the last play. The call was enforced incorrectly. The intentional grounding was correct but there should have been no untimed play granted to Central Michigan as the rule states you don't extend the game if the penalty is on the offense and the offense loses down, which OSU did.

It was fine the entire game until the last play. The call was enforced incorrectly. The intentional grounding was correct but there should have been no untimed play granted to Central Michigan as the rule states you don't extend the game if the penalty is on the offense and the offense loses down, which OSU did.

I guess I don't know for sure how that applies when it was 4th down. Since the result of the play gave CMU the ball and the penalty was on OSU it would make sense to me that CMU would get an untimed down. I'm no official or college rules expert so you may be correct though.

I guess I don't know for sure how that applies when it was 4th down. Since the result of the play gave CMU the ball and the penalty was on OSU it would make sense to me that CMU would get an untimed down. I'm no official or college rules expert so you may be correct though.

They had Pereira on explaining it when they were reviewing if he got in the endzone on the lateral.

Well this sucks, tried to watch the Ga Tech - Mercer game on the ESPN app on my Xbox One, said it was blacked out, tried doing it with my laptop hooked up to the tv, same thing, blacked out.
But it does work on my iphone (no idea why, but it does). so I get to watch the game on a phone screen, fun fun...

Got a Roku or fire ? Mirror it

VPN to a different part of US

Reactions: Ronnie-
VPN to a different part of US
not worth the effort, I just put other games on the tv, and will just mostly listen to the Tech game. Luckily it's only Mercer, but ESPN really needs to fix the ACC network thingy.

edit: managed to get in on the laptop, so now just plugged into the tv.
the blackout thing is screwed up me thinks. oh well, now i can watch the 2nd half in comfort.

Last edited:
Bama gets an ugly win. Looks decent enough on paper after you take away the last minute garbage score, but there are things to work on.

Reactions: HIFI
Dang those va tech uniforms are hideous.

Tennessee showing that a slow start isn't a good indicator of their talent.

Far superior team this week once they got rolling. Blowout.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)