2016 NCAA football discussion thread

Wow, Mississippi is putting on a clinic against the Noles. This may be a blowout if they don't step it up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
And they did. Wow what a weekend for football!

Be some interesting shifts in the polls today.

I can easily see Ohio St. & Michigan leapfrogging Clempson and FSU into 2 &3, with Clempson and FSU falling into 4 & 5.

Either way, Alabama will stay at 1, and those 4 will round out the top 5.

With several SEC teams and Oklahoma falling down, be interesting to see how far Houston jumps up. Also, how far up will Wisconsin debut. It should be higher than where LSU falls.

LSU's Josh Boutte suspended for late hit on Wisconsin's D'Cota Dixon

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...e-game-late-hit-wisconsin-badgers-dcota-dixon

Les Miles is lowering the hammer on Boutte for his flagarant hit. He has suspended Boutte for 1 whole game against major opponent Jacksonville St.

Yeah, that'll show him. :rolleyes:

On a serious note, Les Miles is still defending him.

"Josh made a mistake and will serve a one-game suspension because of it," LSU coach Les Miles said in a statement. "Even though this was done by mistake, a play like this does not belong in the game of football and therefore action must be taken.

Sorry Les, but that type of hit would have carried the same penalty even if the play wasn't whistled dead.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/09/football-bristol-motor-speedway-tennessee-virginia-tech

Virginia Tech and Tennessee will play a college football game at Bristol Motor Speedway on Saturday. The NASCAR venue underwent a massive transformation to turn its infield into a football field, and with an expected attendance of 150,000, it will be a spectacle.

It’s also a terrible idea.

CrsqbzoWcAEmNZy.jpg

CrsqmGSXYAAeczC.jpg:small

Sideline lower level view. Probably as good a seat as you can get and still awful

ap_tennessee_battle_at_bristol_football.jpg

I think it was more along the lines of FSU playing with more depth and skill players to out last a early boost from Ole Miss.

Nope, 28-6 is not a " early boost" against an ole miss offense. Our defense played a completely different half. Not sure why, but Jimbo's teams like to start off poorly in bowl games or against opponents they do not play regularly. Not sure if the staff just isn't as good as scheming as they are at adjustments. The Ole Miss line is inexperienced and our experienced D should have been doing that all night, not in 2 qtrs. They do have a couple of D-lineman that could make the NFL, so that makes me feel good about our offensive line that is experienced but still has some youth. Plus swag got into turnover mode and once you rattle him he is done (maybe he should have not talked mess about FSU before the game). Ole Miss also did not use the run game much, and once you show that trend it allowed FSU to change they way they were rushing swag.

I think we are in good hands with Francois, and it was a GREAT game to see live, lot of emotion. My ears were ringing afterwards because the Nole fans were loud in the second half. As far as the stadium, it SUCKED. Poor and limited facilities for that many people.

Ole Miss should be good and softened up now, plus Saban has some good 2016 footage from another pro style team with a good D beating them, Bama should have no problems this year and actually beat them.

I am most worried about playing UL at their house in two weeks. Even more so than Clemson.

Last edited:
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/09/football-bristol-motor-speedway-tennessee-virginia-tech

CrsqbzoWcAEmNZy.jpg

Sideline lower level view. Probably as good a seat as you can get and still awful

I Don't believe the seats will be all that bad... certainly seats in the turns will be just as bad as some regular NFL stadiums like FEDEX field for example...I've sat in the endzone there before and it sucks.
I've got 50 yard line seats about 20 rows from the track up so I'm not complaining one bit and will love every moment of it.

On a side note..I'm thinking of a good gameday sign.. anyone got any ideas?

LOLZ - yeah that sounds ok - maybe even add text OR email me score.

Anything else? could use a few more ideas going to make one or two signs tonight.

Damn, Charleston Southern suspended 30 of its 60 something man roster for the FSU game because of a textbook situation. Looks like FSU now has a shot

http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...say-30-plus-teammates-suspended-for-fsu-game/

Charleston Southern will face Florida State on Saturday in Tallahassee, Florida. The Buccaneers are 37.5-point underdogs as an FCS program, but the difficult task of taking on the Seminoles might now be impossible as multiple Charleston Southern players announced late Thursday that half the team has been suspended for the game.

In a Facebook post, wide receiver Colton Korn said the suspensions of 30-plus players -- FCS teams only have 63 scholarships -- stem from them using book money on non-book supplies at the bookstore, which resulted in a violation of NCAA rules.

I will say, Bama got hammered by the NCAA for a far smaller situation a few years ago, if they (NCAA) is fair (hahahahaha), they should do the same here.

CrsqbzoWcAEmNZy.jpg

Now Michigan won't be able to brag about their new college football attendance record every time they play a big home game. As a Notre Dame fan who lives in Michigan I have been to several games that set the new attendance record just from match ups between those two teams. I'm sure Ohio State and Michigan State fans can say the same. It seems like they are adding a few more seats every couple years just so they can keep beating their own records. They will never be able to match 150,000 though.

Clemson just caught a bs break. That was a fumble and Troy was on the way to the end zone at least two seconds before the whistle. Now the Tigers scored on the non call.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts