2016 NCAA football discussion thread

And that one's over. No "battle" in Bristol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Well it was EASY getting out of there last night was only a mile from track parking at a church.
Ok so yes game sucked for losing... and VT deserved to lose after basically giving Tenn that game with 5 turn overs and dropping a 14 point lead...I mean WTF..

Now here is the rub.... the field view was pretty cool could see OK.... they hyped up that screen to see the game from all parts of the stands but whoever was in charge of that and showing the game itself on it SUCKED SO HARD!!!!
They showed more footage of stupid fans between plays and hardly ever showed any replays...any replays they did show they cut them so short that one of them that showed a fumble they wouldn't even let it complete for fans to see it again before going to some ignorant pizza hut commercial.
Tons of commercials for whatever was played on that thing when people in the stands were getting all pissed about not showing FOOTBALL GAME stuff.
It was just horrible... Record breaking yes 156,900 I think and a great experience...but I'll never do that again and they ruined it with all the nonsense crap they put on the screen...I felt bad for those in the turns or ends that couldn't see well at all and depended on the screen over head.

Atmosphere was pretty good...I had 30yard line seats so good shot for me. My sign was on gameday for the last 45mins (got there kinda later than I wanted and had to run up to the stage area to get on but you could see it).
I have to hand it to Tenn they took advantage of VT's screw ups over and over and over again. VT's defense played well as usual but till Fuente can get the Offense to HOLD ON TO THE DAMN BALL.... and special teams to fix their sh*t its going to be a long season.

I believe I rolled in last night around 4am... long day hot and wore out.

I believe VT had the better team last night. The mistakes cost them the game big time. It became un-interesting about mid 3rd quarter on.

There were people on the inside of colossus tv, I'd like to know how they get in and out of that rig.?.? 96' off the ground suspended by cables, forget about taking a whiz or otherwise.

Last edited:
I believe VT had the better team last night. The mistakes cost them the game big time. It became un-interesting about mid 3rd quarter on.

There were people on the inside of colossus tv, I'd like to know how they get in and out of that rig.?.? 96' off the ground suspended by cables, forget about taking a whiz or otherwise.

They have a remote control hoist that lowers and you strap in to a harness to raise you up into it. The cables are like bridge cables..walked under one last night at its base which I think was around 8inches thick.

The score disagrees. It wasn't close, I know there were turnovers, but that's part of it as much as yards gained.

Well of course score is what matters...the end result. Nobody is going to argue that.
Had VT not turned the ball over 5 times and the penalties wouldn't have stacked up like they did (bad ref calls - Sorry but went back and watched earlier...most were BS calls) then it would have been completely loop sided the other way as the shift wouldn't have taken place in that game. We've all seen it how just one push of that snow ball down the hill starts a nice little build up.
So yeah you know there were turn overs.. 5 turn overs and 100+ yards in penalties for bs calls will kill any team.

I'll never do that sh*t again I can tell you that... The speedway can NOT put on a football game.. see my other post as to why and how much it sucked. The theatrical junk, fireworks etc were nice but that isn't what you go to see.

Lol we told you for a party it would be great. For a football game it would suck.

For the rest, it's part of football. One team can do it all right everywhere else and lose. Special teams and defense are part of it as well. Defense turned it on for the vols and made it a blowout

AP seems reasonable, I would have dropped Clempson below Ohio St & Michigan.
Coaches didn't seem to want to drop anyone who had an ugly win against a lesser opponent, probably because they themselves didn't want it to happen to them. ;)

As for Georgia and their "effort" against Nichols St., they should have fell even further. A co-worker who went to Missouri is happy, and now he thinks they have a chance, which they probably do.

Yeah, clemson should have dropped a litte further, and honestly should have lost that game.

I have this game down as my one predicted loss. I figured FSU for 1-2 losses, and now that we beat Ole Miss, I think we are sitting at 1 with UL. Clemson is not going to win at Doak unless Francois and Cook are in jail.

I did the Champions Club new section at Doak this weekend. WOW. Sign me up, plus the new screen and audio system is GREAT.

This saturday should be another good one for football watchers. Starts at noon, and we have marque games at each prime slot. Hmmmmm, what to throw on the grill.....

Reactions: satjay
Yes some great match-ups this weekend, looking forward to it, will be a long day but somebody has to do it lol

Yes some great match-ups this weekend, looking forward to it, will be a long day but somebody has to do it lol
I am up to the task.
Beer? Check.
Steaks? Check.
Tons of lighter fluid and a huge bag of charcoal? Check.
Fancy ketchup? You bet your sweet a** check!!!!!

Reactions: Derwin0 and satjay
Im thinking wings. Costco has like a 40 pack and you just cook em and throw whatever sauce you want. Outstanding.
Hmm. I could even throw them in this?
mcdonalds-fancy-ketchup-packets.jpeg

Reactions: Rey