2016 NCAA football discussion thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
OSU is still in it with that Michigan game and the big champ game remaining.

Early losses don't hurt nearly as much and bama has benefited from that in the past.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
They also play a Top 10 team in Nebraska on Saturday.

I was just looking at a break down on SOS against teams already played and ones left ...
Ohio State is WAY better than Louisville in both areas.

Sadly it looks like College football has invaded the Friday Night High School game.

Just read an article that I think it said in 17 they will start scheduling regular Friday games ... no, not all teams will start playing on Fridays, from what I took from it, for example Ohio STATE will be forced to play a Friday night game at least once in 3 years ... ( I used the word Forced, not them).

I hope ALL Friday night college games get Boycotted and have very low ratings.
It's all about the Money and the new TV contracts.

same as NFL. Money Money Money. I'm losing interest in both of them. Too many commercials, timeouts for reviews, player problems, etc..
I would rather go watch the high schools and small colleges.

Sadly it looks like College football has invaded the Friday Night High School game.

Just read an article that I think it said in 17 they will start scheduling regular Friday games ... no, not all teams will start playing on Fridays, from what I took from it, for example Ohio STATE will be forced to play a Friday night game at least once in 3 years ... ( I used the word Forced, not them).

I hope ALL Friday night college games get Boycotted and have very low ratings.
It's all about the Money and the new TV contracts.
Just say no.

Most of the SEC teams told ESPN to go to hell when ESPN asked the SEC to play on Thursday night games.

First College Football Playoff Rankings of the year.

College Football Playoff Rankings
RK TEAM REC TREND
1 Alabama 8-0 NR
2 Clemson 8-0 NR
3 Michigan 8-0 NR
4 Texas A&M 7-1 NR
5 Washington 8-0 NR
6 Ohio State 7-1 NR
7 Louisville 7-1 NR
8 Wisconsin 6-2 NR
9 Auburn 6-2 NR
10 Nebraska 7-1 NR
11 Florida 6-1 NR
12 Penn State 6-2 NR
13 LSU 5-2 NR
14 Oklahoma 6-2 NR
15 Colorado 6-2 NR
16 Utah 7-2 NR
17 Baylor 6-1 NR
18 Oklahoma State 6-2 NR
19 Virginia Tech 6-2 NR
20 West Virginia 6-1 NR
21 North Carolina 6-2 NR
22 Florida State 5-3 NR
23 Western Michigan 8-0 NR
24 Boise State 7-1 NR
25 Washington State 6-2 NR

How in the world they can justify ranking ATM above an undefeated Washington escapes me.
Can't say it's because they're in the SEC, because except for a couple teams, the SEC has been horrible this year.

Reactions: satjay and Derwin0
I for one HATE the idea of it. Monday and sunday for the pros. Thursday (which I am also NOT a fan of, but it is what it is and some less prestigious schools benefit from it I suppose ) and Saturday for College. Friday for high school.

I do not mind friday or oddly scheduled games during bowl season as much, but I do LOATHE the champ game being on monday.

same as NFL. Money Money Money. I'm losing interest in both of them. Too many commercials, timeouts for reviews, player problems, etc..
I would rather go watch the high schools and small colleges.
I will take College Football over Pros every day.

That said, I do follow both, but if I had to choose, there wouldn't be much choice.

Good for them (did I just say that about TTUN .... yikes !)

I really think this is a ploy to get lesser teams on TV and that the Major teams will continue to play on Saturdays.
(btw, isn't that why they have the BTN /SEC already, to get the teams that are not on TV weekly, ON ?)

I think they will either scrap the idea or make it so a team only has to play very seldom on the Friday.
Ohio State has told them they won't play on a Friday if the classes are not in, or something like that, it sounds like they are not being forced into this, yet.

I for one HATE the idea of it. Monday and sunday for the pros. Thursday (which I am also NOT a fan of, but it is what it is and some less prestigious schools benefit from it I suppose ) and Saturday for College. Friday for high school.

I do not mind friday or oddly scheduled games during bowl season as much, but I do LOATHE the champ game being on monday.
Unfortunately I can only "Like " this once ...

I agree with your post 1000% :)

Reactions: Ronnie-
Yes, it must be major disappointment if you don't win the MNC game every year ...
Lol, it's a damn shame but with our last run we've gotten amazingly spoiled, and we were blue blood before saban. That's saying something.

The end will be here at some point but I'll be dog gone if I won't enjoy it while it lasts

Reactions: HIFI
Lol, it's a damn shame but with our last run we've gotten amazingly spoiled, and we were blue blood before saban. That's saying something.

The end will be here at some point but I'll be dog gone if I won't enjoy it while it lasts

You've got time ...
When Saban leaves, it will all come down to who they hire after him.

I watched a lot of Bama football when I was younger, back when the Bear was there, my beat friend was a Bama fan.

Me too. Starting a game at 9pm or later on a weeknight is absolutely ludicrous and I have never been a fan of it.

Not sure why it's SO HARD to schedule the Championship games on a Saturday eve.
I know the NFL wants those spots, but the NC game has to have a place somewhere that people can actually watch it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)