2016 NCAA football discussion thread

It's a downgrade in pay, but it's a good stepping stone to more if he improves the program.

Plenty of programs had big interest in this cycle. Chances are had he agreed to the buyout clause at Houston he would have gotten that job.

As it is, a g5 job is about what he should have gotten.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
I gotta believe it was a HUGE downgrade in pay, then again, being HC, maybe not as much.
But your right, I'm sure hell be gone in a year or two if he produces in Florida.

He was making 1.4 million as oc at bama. Reports say he's making 1 million as head coach there. So yeah, it's a big pay cut

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yep, or if Kiffen gonna Kiffen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Looks like Kiffin gonna Kiffin.
With today being National Signing Day for junior college players, Kiffin has signed his first recruit at FAU -- a JUCO quarterback named De'Andre Johnson from East Mississippi Community College.

Does that name sound familiar? It should. Johnson was kicked out of Florida State in the summer of 2015 after he was caught on video striking a woman in a Tallahassee bar. He eventually pleaded guilty to misdemeanor battery charges in a story that made national headlines. Johnson even appeared on 'Good Morning America' to apologize to the victim.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...tract-details-opening-press-conference-121416

All I can say is WOW ...

Looks like (from the espn crawl, elsewhere as well) LSU Leonard Fournette will Miss the Bowl game to focus on the NFL draft ....

What a great way to BAIL on your teammates .
Your playing a top notch game against Louisville where your team will need you.
Its not like they are playing a nobody in thier bowl game.

Looks like hes been injured during the year, which most knew, but is he still injured, he's had at least 3 more weeks off between the last game and the Bowl game, MOST players would want to get back in there and show that they are good enough to go and lay down more impressive video for the NFL to see.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...l-not-play-in-citrus-bowl-20161216-story.html

I don't blame him. A lot of money on the line for one exhibition game.

Ask Jaylon Smith how that worked out for him last year.

Besides the Semis and the championship game. These bowl games are meaningless. His teammates understand his decision they're all trying to make the most money at the next level.

LF has shined when he played, but it almost seems like he has road the pine just as much. Weird career.

Ooof, Mixon. Not a good look, he shoulda been gone to find a career elsewhere, Stoops looks bad too since he got to see the vid. Hilarious the judge didnt let it get out and NOW they release it. Deondre Johnson was gone from FSU for less and was never to be allowed back. After a stint at reject JUCO in Miss, Kiffin takes him to FAU LOL. The new chant is Boom-her Sooner, not Boomer Sooner.

Yet people get suspended seasons because of pot, football is getting dumb.

LF has shined when he played, but it almost seems like he has road the pine just as much. Weird career.

Ooof, Mixon. Not a good look, he shoulda been gone to find a career elsewhere, Stoops looks bad too since he got to see the vid. Hilarious the judge didnt let it get out and NOW they release it. Deondre Johnson was gone from FSU for less and was never to be allowed back. After a stint at reject JUCO in Miss, Kiffin takes him to FAU LOL. The new chant is Boom-her Sooner, not Boomer Sooner.

Well, they didn't remove him from the team all together, but he did sit out a YEAR.

That is what I heard the other day, right ?

Stoops and OU staff saw the video and Mixon was suspended for the year and had to meet many goals to stay in school and as a member of the team. No different than every other big name school in the country. The press has been harping on the open records act to get the video released and finally the OK Supreme Court ordered it released last week, then the girl suddenly didn't want it released and was going to sue to get that stopped. So Mixon and his attorney released it themselves yesterday.

Mixon has been on the straight and narrow ever since , other than a parking ticket that the news blew out of proportions. Everyone else around the country gets 2nd chances, so I don't have a problem with him getting one. Like with politics, I am getting sick and tired of the press. Now they're trying to take down DeDe Westbrook, since his name was in the Heisman race.

Reactions: Jimbo
As a footnote in the last link, looks like VPI was cheating against the Demon Deacons as well.

That was a very misinformed comment - someone in the lower ranks of staff got told something but nothing was proven by it. They got fined today I saw but hell one of the worst loses I can remember to Wake that year was enough punishment.
Pretty much a non issue IMO to even give it the attention it got with 'wakegate'.
The current AD saw the connection and stated the facts to avoid something not being transparent.

That was a very misinformed comment - someone in the lower ranks of staff got told something but nothing was proven by it. They got fined today I saw but hell one of the worst loses I can remember to Wake that year was enough punishment.
Pretty much a non issue IMO to even give it the attention it got with 'wakegate'.
The current AD saw the connection and stated the facts to avoid something not being transparent.
It's bad when Lousiville and VPI cheated, and still lost. :p

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/teel-blog/dp-teel-time-vt-wake-elrod-post.html
And we're supposed to believe only the assistant knew in both cases, uhuh...yeah...sure...

Worst part about all this, is I'm getting some ribbing from friends about the wake coach to sold the plays to Louisville & VPI. msmith and a few others here probably know why. :D

I have said this before, I do get why they do it. I really do.

I do not like it though. I guess growing up, I was always taught, finish what you start, and the season is not over. So while I get it, it does not sit right in my mind.

I know several wont agree with that, and that is ok.

Reactions: Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)