2016 NCAA football discussion thread

Can't wait for the selfish, quitter crowd to come out and attack him.

Hows the rest of his teammates feel about him quitting on them ?

I bet NEITHER player would be missing the bowl game if it were a playoff game ...

They still would have as much or maybe more potential to get injured playing in Playoff games.
They Do realize that 95% of the prep work has nothing to do with playing the game on the field.

Talk about a bunch of useless Bowl games ....
Got a question for you guys ...
Outside of YOUR teams games, how many games will you be watching ?
I think we will all be wanting to watch the Playoffs, but I just went thru the games up till about Dec 30th and found very few that I might want to look in on.

I will probably watch the games that the Big Ten is in, as well as the Playoffs ... that about it.

Hows the rest of his teammates feel about him quitting on them ?

I bet NEITHER player would be missing the bowl game if it were a playoff game ...

They still would have as much or maybe more potential to get injured playing in Playoff games.
They Do realize that 95% of the prep work has nothing to do with playing the game on the field.

It doesn't seem like his teammates have a problem with his decision.

I must've missed the outrage when Houston played in a bowl game over the weekend and Tom Herman wasn't coaching, I guess it's cool when the millionaires give up on teams to chase millions of more dollars. But when a player makes a business decision he faces backlash.

Reactions: mccoyrj and Derwin0
I think we will all be wanting to watch the Playoffs, but I just went thru the games up till about Dec 30th and found very few that I might want to look in on.

I will probably watch the games that the Big Ten is in, as well as the Playoffs ... that about it.

Oh, the irony.

I must've missed the outrage when Houston played in a bowl game over the weekend and Tom Herman wasn't coaching, I guess it's cool when the millionaires give up on teams to chase millions of more dollars. But when a player makes a business decision he faces backlash.

I don't like it when the coaches do it either, and my same reason applies.

Again, I do understand the reasoning for some of them. I just don't like it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jimbo and osu1991
I don't like it when the coaches do it either, and my same reason applies.

Again, I do understand the reasoning for some of them. I just don't like it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I really think these guys are freaked out about what happened to Jaylon Smith last year. That injury cost him 10-20 million in guaranteed money.

I see Myles Garrett said he's playing in A&M's bowl game. Good for him. Let them make decisions they're comfortable with.

I like your rationale, you disagree without being critical of players decisions.

Reactions: mccoyrj

The Coach isn't your best player.

As many as I can during weekends. I'll put on the best game that happens to be on, or one that involves a team I like.

During the weekdays when I'm working, probably none.

Reactions: mccoyrj
I find, I will end up having these Other games on in the background and watch while I do other things.
Does that count as watching them ?
Yes, it's what I do for games where I don't care one way or another about the teams. Same thing I do on Sundays with most of the NFL games.

Either way, football is still better than anything else on tv.

Reactions: satjay and Jimbo
I try to watch as many bowl games as I can along with the regular season games. If I'm going to talk about other teams, stats, rankings I want to be informed so I'm going to give facts not thoughts. Give better informed opinions that make sense rather than make assumptions based on never seeing the team or the games they play.
So far the bowl games have been meh.... tonight and that horrible blue field, couldn't watch but 30mins of that crap.

I try to watch as many bowl games as I can along with the regular season games. If I'm going to talk about other teams, stats, rankings I want to be informed so I'm going to give facts not thoughts. Give better informed opinions that make sense rather than make assumptions based on never seeing the team or the games they play.
So far the bowl games have been meh.... tonight and that horrible blue field, couldn't watch but 30mins of that crap.
Unless its a Stat, its all one persons opinion ...
Everyone has one.

As I have got older my bowl game viewing has for sure changed, while I still grab a print out and post all the bowl games I for sure don't watch as many as I did in the past

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: mccoyrj and Jimbo
Unless its a Stat, its all one persons opinion ...
Everyone has one.

I said to give better informed opinions - better than saying something wasn't good and never saw it or saw the context around it.
So I watch as many as I can to be better informed for a discussion to go along with stats :)

Go Clemson! ;)

I said to give better informed opinions - better than saying something wasn't good and never saw it or saw the context around it.
So I watch as many as I can to be better informed for a discussion to go along with stats :)

Go Clemson! ;)
Must be nice to be able to just choose a top team when your team is the that good ...
I don't do that, I root for other teams, but I don't try to sync they are my team against another.

Must be nice to be able to just choose a top team when your team is the that good ...
I don't do that, I root for other teams, but I don't try to sync they are my team against another.

Ohh I root for certain teams in certain games.. rooting for Clemson in its semi playoff game, and well rooting for the big underdog in Washington in theirs although I think washington will get beat by about 40points.

I'm pulling for Mid Tenn in tonights game.

Ohh I root for certain teams in certain games.. rooting for Clemson in its semi playoff game, and well rooting for the big underdog in Washington in theirs although I think washington will get beat by about 40points.

I'm pulling for Mid Tenn in tonights game.
Your probably rooting more against the Buckeyes than for Clemson knowing your past with your dislike for the Buckeyes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)