2017-18 NCAA Football Thread

Glad Ohio State handed that team up north another loss. That is always enjoyable to watch.

I see chaos coming. I still don't see how Ohio State gets in.

Scherrman just wait till you win a National title. Nothing is more enjoyable. I'm not busting on Iowa. I honestly think that they can win one.

Glad Ohio State handed that team up north another loss. That is always enjoyable to watch.

Scherrman just wait till you win a National title. Nothing is more enjoyable. I'm not busting on Iowa. I honestly think that they can win one.
ESPN called the Buckeyes win "Pedestrian" I don't see it that way.
Buckeyes fell behind 14-0, tied it up at 14 at the half ...
Outscored them 17-6 in the second half.
Bucks played without thier starting QB thru the majority of the 2nd half ....

At no point did I ever feel that they were gonna lose this game.

I think how they play Next week against Wisconsin will be huge at to if they make it (provided they win), if they win a real close game I doubt they make it, If they win big and impressively, they are probably in ...

They are now looking at Ohio State vs Bama to make it (provided the Bucks win) .
Buckeyes resume is better than Bama's this year.

Really odd, but Bama is hoping for the Bucks to win next week, If Wisconsin wins, Bama is out and Badgers are in.

Reactions: Gobucks

I'll take that bet. Iowa, with Ferentz doesn't have the right attitude. Ferentz is pure and simply let's make it to a bowl... if we win more games great, but if we don't... ahhh well... we made a bowl. He doesn't have that competitiveness that you'll find in the top coaches. That, and Iowa doesn't really spend a lot of money "recruiting" top players. :)

Even wrestling, our bread and butter... has gone stale. Gable was the master that EVERYONE copied, and now all the coaches use his techniques.

I hope Wisconsin wins.. I don't see Ohio State getting in, even if they beat Wisconsin.

I see the following: Clemson, Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Auburn... if they all win out. If one of those teams loses out, then I see Alabama making it in ahead of a 2 loss Notre Dame. But the way the committee is doing things.... lol.

I'll take that bet. Iowa, with Ferentz doesn't have the right attitude. Ferentz is pure and simply let's make it to a bowl... if we win more games great, but if we don't... ahhh well... we made a bowl. He doesn't have that competitiveness that you'll find in the top coaches. That, and Iowa doesn't really spend a lot of money "recruiting" top players. :)

Even wrestling, our bread and butter... has gone stale. Gable was the master that EVERYONE copied, and now all the coaches use his techniques.

I hope Wisconsin wins.. I don't see Ohio State getting in, even if they beat Wisconsin.

I see the following: Clemson, Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Auburn... if they all win out. If one of those teams loses out, then I see Alabama making it in ahead of a 2 loss Notre Dame. But the way the committee is doing things.... lol.
I can see Georgia beating Auburn this time in the SEC Championship.

I don’t think I’ll ever see it unless some major changes happen in college football. As long as certain schools have major advantages in recruiting it will be near impossible.

Make that a 3 loss Notre Dame team ...
It will come down to Bama and Ohio State to get in, IF the Buckeyes beat Whisky.
Buckeyes have more Top 25 wins than Bama.

Regardless, it will be interesting.

It actually wouldn't surprise me one bit if all 4 teams lose... imagine the chaos that would bring about. lol
Now THAT would be interesting ....

TCU would have to play much better. I would imagine Oklahoma will win this one and get in ... as much as I'd like to see TCU win.
Ohio State and Wisconsin should be a tight game going either way.
Clemson losing to Miami ... could happen ... a Miami loss would give them 2 losses as well. The winner is in.
Georgia and Auburn .... Auburn is playing the best football of all the teams at the moment.
The committee will take a Hot team every time.

Make that a 3 loss Notre Dame team ...
It will come down to Bama and Ohio State to get in, IF the Buckeyes beat Whisky.
Buckeyes have more Top 25 wins than Bama.

Regardless, it will be interesting.

Yep, I wasn't paying attention to the Notre Dame game.. they're done for the season.

Going to very interesting next week. :)

ESPN called the Buckeyes win "Pedestrian" I don't see it that way.
Buckeyes fell behind 14-0, tied it up at 14 at the half ...
Outscored them 17-6 in the second half.
Bucks played without thier starting QB thru the majority of the 2nd half ....

At no point did I ever feel that they were gonna lose this game.

I think how they play Next week against Wisconsin will be huge at to if they make it (provided they win), if they win a real close game I doubt they make it, If they win big and impressively, they are probably in ...

They are now looking at Ohio State vs Bama to make it (provided the Bucks win) .
Buckeyes resume is better than Bama's this year.

Really odd, but Bama is hoping for the Bucks to win next week, If Wisconsin wins, Bama is out and Badgers are in.

I actually felt ok, up 14-0 my concern which came true was the horrible QB play would rear its ugly self and it did. Shame on Harbaugh for the QB woes.....but hey Ohio state is in control for of the series for sure

I actually felt ok, up 14-0 my concern which came true was the horrible QB play would rear its ugly self and it did. Shame on Harbaugh for the QB woes.....but hey Ohio state is in control for of the series for sure
I've been wanting to see Haskins more thru out the year, it seems like Urban would leave Barrett in much longer in some wins than you would expect.
I have been very impressed with Haskins when he Has been in thru the year.
Hes a much better passer than Barrett, but the trade off is Haskins isn't gonna pull the ball very often and run on his own.

If Haskins has to play next week, I'm fine with that ... not hoping Barrett isn't good to go, but I like Haskins ability to step in and win the game.

I Do remember the last time Barrett got hurt and couldn't play .... some 3rd string guy named Cardale came in and went to the MNCG.

While I don't expect that again, it might be a fun ride.

Frost to Nebraska
Schiano to UT
Mullen to Florida
Jimbo to A&M

Crazy season is upon us lol.
Frost to Nebraska, makes sense, don't know if it will change the Cornhuskers fortunes or not.

Mullen to Florida, make a lot of sense, at least to me, this is probably a better choice than they have had recently.

Jimbo to T A&M ... ok

Schiano, good move for Tennessee, although I had heard of others that also would have been good fits.

Who will Urban pluck away to be the D Co for the Buckeyes next year is yet to be seen, so more moves will be coming.
I think, all the others were HCs this year, so all those spots will have to be replaced, I look for Urban to find his guy quickly, maybe before the end of the year, but probably shortly after the new year.

If Mullen goes to Florida he is an idiot.

Yes it's a higher profile job. But that's about it for advantages.

State will pay him similar money. At state, he can win 8-9 games a year, have a few down years, still go bowling and be there forever (a scandal aside).

Those same 8-9 wins seasons at Florida get you fired, and I don't see him turning them around in a year or 2. Year three he better win the conference or he's done and starts over.

Honestly the man has it made right now, and I never figured I'd say that about a coach at state when they have Florida calling.

Looks like the CFP picture is mostly set.

Winner of Georgia-Aubarn is in.
Winner of Miami-Clempson is in.
Oklahoma is the 3rd team.
Wisconsin is the 4th team.

Alabama is in if Oklahoma or Wisconsin loses.
Ohio St. is in if both Oklahoma and Wisconsin lose.

What will be hilarious is if Oklahoma wins and Wisconsin loses, because then the Buckeye fans will be crying that non-conference champ Alabama gets in over their team not even though they win their conference, quickly forgetting what happened to a more deserving Penn St. team last year.

A huge wildcard is UCF. Will the committee get guilted into letting them in if Oklahoma and/or Wisconsin loses?

If Mullen goes to Florida he is an idiot.

Yes it's a higher profile job. But that's about it for advantages.

State will pay him similar money. At state, he can win 8-9 games a year, have a few down years, still go bowling and be there forever (a scandal aside).

Those same 8-9 wins seasons at Florida get you fired, and I don't see him turning them around in a year or 2. Year three he better win the conference or he's done and starts over.

Honestly the man has it made right now, and I never figured I'd say that about a coach at state when they have Florida calling.
However, where hes at, he'll never be considered for the playoffs, 4 or 8 team in college football .... if he turns around Florida he has a chance.

Looks like the CFP picture is mostly set.

Winner of Georgia-Aubarn is in.
Winner of Miami-Clempson is in.
Oklahoma is the 3rd team.
Wisconsin is the 4th team.

Alabama is in if Oklahoma or Wisconsin loses.
Ohio St. is in if both Oklahoma and Wisconsin lose.

What will be hilarious is if Oklahoma wins and Wisconsin loses, because then the Buckeye fans will be crying that non-conference champ Alabama gets in over their team not even though they win their conference, quickly forgetting what happened to a more deserving Penn St. team last year.

A huge wildcard is UCF. Will the committee get guilted into letting them in if Oklahoma and/or Wisconsin loses?
First, UCF is NOT getting into the playoffs .... period.

I ... as you know, am a Buckeye fan.
If the Buckeyes beat Wisconsin bad, they are in ... with Miami losing to Clemson (will knock Miami out) .
I expect Oklahoma to beat TCU ... they are in (as much as I dislike Ok.... er um, Manze, i mean Mayfield)
Auburn I think will beat Georgia ... they SHOULD get in, they are playing the best football of any team at the moment.
They would also be getting in with 2 losses, so that gets rid of that stigma.

I think it will come down to Bama and Buckeyes (provided the Bucks win) ... Bucks have the better resume.
If they get in, thats why.

Personally, I have No Idea if the Bucks will win next week .... Whiskey is overlooked and very good, they have a top O line and a stud running back and a Very good Defense.

They haven't played many good teams, so no one really has a good gauge on them.

Sad thing is, when the Big Ten went to the division play, they put Ichigan on the opposite side of the Buckeyes so they could play in the Championship game ... many expected that to be a yearly thing, then they changed thier minds as they didn't want to have them playing back to back weeks .. (why, I have no idea) however, I don't believe that scenario has or would have ever happened.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts