2017-18 NCAA Football Thread

OSU stands little chance against Clemson, After watching the game I'm reconsidering Alabama for the #4 spot. ;)
But it won't happen.

Why ?
Bama didn't even play today.
Ohio State Defense played pretty well once the game settled in.
Wisconsin was given 14 points, a pick six and a short 10 yard or so drive.

Buckeyes still very inconsistent, but then other teams are as well.

3 terrible games and a competitive Big Ten game.

Going to be interesting to see what the committee does with Ohio State/Alabama. If they would have blown out Wisconsin that would have been an easy pick. A 6 point win, with an embarrassing loss to Iowa? :shrugs:
Buckeyes game should have been a blow out had the recvr caught the ball, 2 TDs were dropped, another TD Barrett over threw the guy ...

Thats been Barretts history this year ... sometimes very good, other times can't make the connection with the recvrs, open or not.

I can't wait till next year when we have a Qb that can actually throw accurately.

Bama’s in.

Heck of a comeback for JD though. Seems like a nice guy.
They won't leave Buckeyes out because they did WIN the conference championship.
I would rather play Oklahoma, but I think they will put Clemson #1

Buckeye Freshman JK Dobbins ended up with 174 yards rushing ... thats pretty impressive.

Wisconsin RB Johnathon Taylor who is the Big Ten RB of the year was held to 41 yards.

Buckeyes game should have been a blow out had the recvr caught the ball, 2 TDs were dropped, another TD Barrett over threw the guy ...

Thats been Barretts history this year ... sometimes very good, other times can't make the connection with the recvrs, open or not.

I can't wait till next year when we have a Qb that can actually throw accurately.

lol.. I hope Ohio State gets in the playoffs. I like seeing Big Ten teams make it big. :crosses fingers:

It breaks my heart to say it but I don't think Ohio State is good enough this year. So when Bama gets in I'm cool with that.

That Iowa game was to ugly. Real ugly.

I'm just being honest. Glad we beat that team up north and the title. Hope we win whatever bowl we go to.

Just like Penn State last year ;)

The conf champ will be a plus, but the two losses will be a big minus.

Honestly, I am not sure who they will slot in, could be either.

I would rather play Oklahoma, but I think they will put Clemson #1
Just like Penn State last year ;)

The conf champ will be a plus, but the two losses will be a big minus.

Honestly, I am not sure who they will slot in, could be either.
I THINK they will look at the rankings of teams they beat, over the loses in the end.

It breaks my heart to say it but I don't think Ohio State is good enough this year. So when Bama gets in I'm cool with that.

That Iowa game was to ugly. Real ugly.

I'm just being honest. Glad we beat that team up north and the title. Hope we win whatever bowl we go to.
Buckeyes will get beat if they get in, but then Bama will as well.

Reactions: Gobucks
Go Bucks,
IF we could only put Barrett together with Haskins, we would win this playoff ....

JT. is maddening ... he can make a great pass for a TD and then miss 3 guys wide open that would have been TDs.
I was very surprised when Johnny Dixon dropped that TD pass, it was JT's best throw of the night.

This game really wasn't this close ....

Reactions: Gobucks
Is the solution to this another round in the NCAAF Championship? Or, do something totally off-key, and factor the Team's Student-Athlete's GPAs into the equation? I mean, they are supposed to be College Students, after all. Football is just an added layer to the education they're supposed to be getting.

Is the solution to this another round in the NCAAF Championship? Or, do something totally off-key, and factor the Team's Student-Athlete's GPAs into the equation? I mean, they are supposed to be College Students, after all. Football is just an added layer to the education they're supposed to be getting.
Ya right ...

Ok, lets have the committee take all the team players and add up the GPAs and the higher one goes to the playoffs ? lol

Reactions: Foxbat and mccoyrj
Oklahoma gave up 41 points to Baylor, 35 to Kansas State, 52 to Ok State ...
They won the games but still gave up way more than you should when you win a game ....
They still won, that's what matters.
Clemson gave up 27 (and lost) to SYRACUSE and 31 to NC State
Clempson lost it's starting quarterback for the Syracuse game. What was Ohio State's excuse for betting pounded by Iowa? Not to mention their second loss, something no one else in the playoff talk now has. Just like Penn St. last year, a 1-loss non-champ will get in over a 2-loss champ. The difference being Alabama didn't loss head-to-head like Ohio St. did last year.

As for NC State, Clempson still won that game.

My final 4 for 2017
#1 Clemson will be hard to beat. Very skilled both sides ball and fast.
#2 OU and Georgia very close could go either way.
#3 Georgia
#4 Big 10 champion.
My guess is,

• Clempson
  • Georgia
  • Oklahoma
  • Alabama
With Clempson & Alabama in the Sugar (the Tigers will have their way with the Tide, it won't even be close), and Georgia & Oklahoma in the Rose (will be a great & exciting game). And a lot a crying in Columbia, with another long off-season of excuses of why it should have been them, meanwhile a lot of laughing in Happy Valley saying "yeah it sucks doesn't it".

Reactions: osu1991 and mccoyrj
My guess is,

• Clempson
  • Georgia
  • Oklahoma
  • Alabama
With Clempson & Alabama in the Sugar (the Tigers will have their way with the Tide, it won't even be close), and Georgia & Oklahoma in the Rose (will be a great & exciting game). And a lot a crying in Columbia, with another long off-season of excuses of why it should have been them, meanwhile a lot of laughing in Happy Valley saying "yeah it sucks doesn't it".

I work and live in Columbus. No one I work with cries when Ohio State doesn't win. No one I hang out with cries.

Just because their are idiots on sports message boards doesn't mean we are all like that.

Reactions: Derwin0 and Jimbo
They still won, that's what matters.

Clempson lost it's starting quarterback for the Syracuse game. What was Ohio State's excuse for betting pounded by Iowa? Not to mention their second loss, something no one else in the playoff talk now has. Just like Penn St. last year, a 1-loss non-champ will get in over a 2-loss champ. The difference being Alabama didn't loss head-to-head like Ohio St. did last year.

As for NC State, Clempson still won that game.
The way I see it, the Iowa game was a typical TRAP game ...
Buckeyes had just came off a Big win over (#2) Penn State, and had Rival (or it seems like it anyways, more than ichgan) Michigan State ...
Fwiw, they kicked (#12) MSUs butt up and down the field.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)