2017-18 NCAA Football Thread

I forgot, but what major injuries did Ohio State have the caused them to lose in a blowout to Iowa?

I know Clempson had lost their quarterback early in the Syracuse loss, but what injury caused Ohio State to lose?

I'll say it again Bama ranked #1 all year goes into Auburn with 4 key injuries gets knocked out of playoffs by possibly 2 loss team Auburn if they defeat Georgia for second time. Then you have other 1 loss teams with embarrassing losses some much worse than road lose to Auburn.

This playoff system just doesn't cut it and needs expanded. Until all the top teams get involved its still nothing more than the FAKE Mythical Championship which means absolutely nothing.

I'll say it again Bama ranked #1 all year goes into Auburn with 4 key injuries gets knocked out of playoffs by possibly 2 loss team Auburn if they defeat Georgia for second time. Then you have other 1 loss teams with embarrassing losses some much worse than road lose to Auburn.

This playoff system just doesn't cut it and needs expanded. Until all the top teams get involved its still nothing more than the FAKE Mythical Championship which means absolutely nothing.
So Auburn, playing at home, is ~10 points better than a banged-up Alabama team that stepped on their crank in the 2nd half. Not exactly and endorsement for Auburn. The whole SEC looks pretty average this year. If Alabama was ranked #1, it was because of their reputation, not their resume.

So Auburn, playing at home, is ~10 points better than a banged-up Alabama team that stepped on their crank in the 2nd half. Not exactly and endorsement for Auburn. The whole SEC looks pretty average this year. If Alabama was ranked #1, it was because of their reputation, not their resume.
Until they got beat, no sane person would have ranked anyone above them.

Part of it was reputation, sure. Having the sustained success they have had over a decade will do that. Having year in and year out top recruiting classes will do that. Having saban as the coach will do that.

However their resume was on par with any other undefeated team.

Unfortunately injuries caught up to then at the same time that Auburn was playing as well as anyone in the country.

They certainly deserved that too spot all year IMHO.

Personally I'd prefer 16 teams, that way you take in all the conference champs and the best at-large teams left. They way they do in Basketball (as well as every other football division).

Ironic how the conferences that complain about being left out and the selections are the ones that opposed more than 4 teams, meanwhile the conferences that advocated more than 4 are the ones that have no problems getting in.
Except for the fact that you can't play 2-4 games a week like they do in basketball.

I forgot, but what major injuries did Ohio State have the caused them to lose in a blowout to Iowa?

I know Clempson had lost their quarterback early in the Syracuse loss, but what injury caused Ohio State to lose?
Both thier starting Linebackers have been in and out ...
I don't remember if Paris Campbell played that game or not, hes thier top recvr.
That also was the game that Nick Bosa got tossed for a questionable hit, he didn't play after the half I think it was just before the half.

Btw, when Bosa went out it was 17-17.

In other news ... Looks like JT Barrett has been playing with a bad meniscus since the Indiana game (game 1) and after he left the Michigan game, he had surgery on it Sunday ... He was talking about the knee like it was basically a dislocation,, said hes had it happen during the year, but has always been able to get it back in place and continue to play.

I've had meniscus issues and it was very painful .... I'm not sure how ANYBODY could play with the pain I know I was in.
I don't know if his injury in the Michigan game was meniscus or something else.

Im glad Ill be at the game tomorrow, Jimbo is refusing to sign until he gets to coach the last game. So we got the guy that led us to 5-6 refusing to leave town until he gets his 500 record, whatta douche. Gonna fun I imagine, kinda like international soccer, people talking about throwin batteries, I hope FSU brings in a lot of cops. We already had a fan shoved out of the Call in Show audience Wed night and he tried to fight a fan earlier in the season.

Dont think Aggies fans understand what they are getting for 10yr 75 mil...

Except for the fact that you can't play 2-4 games a week like they do in basketball.
You can easily play 1 game/week during the time from the end of the season til the week after new years.

16 teams is only 4 weeks. Division 1-AA, 2, 3, etc.. have no problem doing it.

What bad day did Alabama give 55 points up to a 7-5 team on?
Oklahoma gave up 41 points to Baylor, 35 to Kansas State, 52 to Ok State ...
They won the games but still gave up way more than you should when you win a game ....
Doesn't seem to be bothering the committee or you that they gave up a ton of points ...

Clemson gave up 27 (and lost) to SYRACUSE and 31 to NC State
Now mind you, thats not as bad as Oklahoma ... but my point is, teams do give up points and it doesn't hurt THEM.

Miami was lucky that they wore down Toledo in the 4th quarter, that was a real good game, oh ya, they gave up 30. (which still isn't in the 40s and 50s)

Iowa State BEAT Oklahoma 38-31, thats not so impressive on Oklahoma's part.

So, more teams that you might think gave up alot of points ... some more often that once.

It’ll be interesting to see if he can get the Aggies to play at a level equal to the support and money the fans and school put into that team.

No kidding, just stop the bleeding with players transferring would be nice. Sumlin lost control of his program after inheriting a good team and has done nothing since.