2017-18 NCAA Football Thread

21077539_937167726422094_955309940812420681_n.jpg

Reactions: Jimbo
Not going to worry about this weekend, here are my labor day weekend picks:

• Texas over Maryland
  • UNC over Cal
  • NC St vs South Carolina (no clue, they both suck)
  • UM over UF and it ain't even close with suspensions
  • USA over Ole Miss (sorry, gotta go with the Jags ;) )
  • Bama over FSU
  • LSWho over BYWho
  • A&M over UCLA
  • Tech and UT, no clue

Not going to worry about this weekend, here are my labor day weekend picks:

• Texas over Maryland
  • UNC over Cal
  • NC St vs South Carolina (no clue, they both suck)
  • UM over UF and it ain't even close with suspensions
  • USA over Ole Miss (sorry, gotta go with the Jags ;) )
  • Bama over FSU
  • LSWho over BYWho
  • A&M over UCLA
  • Tech and UT, no clue

What no VT vs WVA pick? You know you want VT to win out and battle undefeated against a undefeated FSU at the end of the year ;)

My nephews high school team has the 11am central game Saturday on ESPN. Doubt he plays as a sophomore QB on the defending State Champs, he is currently number 3 on the depth chart. They're not letting him play both ways this season, so he won't get in at linebacker either.

Reactions: Ronnie-
Thanks, I didn't know, I thought that the Thursday night game was the start each year now.
Our High School games start tomorrow ...
Yeah seems like they move it up every year. My daughter's school played their first home game last week, even the pee wees started Tuesday.

College is the same. Used to be the first Saturday games. Then it started on the Thursday before.

Now it's the Saturday, before the Thursday, before the first Saturday.

Reactions: Jimbo
Yeah seems like they move it up every year. My daughter's school played their first home game last week, even the pee wees started Tuesday.

College is the same. Used to be the first Saturday games. Then it started on the Thursday before.

Now it's the Saturday, before the Thursday, before the first Saturday.
Yeah, ours seems to have moved up as well, the high schools here started last week. When I was in High School we started 2 weeks later, on the Friday of Labor Day weekend.

It's probably because the schools here now start the school year in the first week of August instead of the the week before Labor Day.

What no VT vs WVA pick? You know you want VT to win out and battle undefeated against a undefeated FSU at the end of the year ;)
Why? VPI is nowhere near a traditional rival for FSU. They'd probably prefer Miami or GT for rivalry purposes. The only thing that would make them more happy to beat Miami twice would be to somehow get to do the same thing to Florida.

And if they win out, it won't matter who they play in the ACC Championship game, so more fun to play a traditional rival.

Why? VPI is nowhere near a traditional rival for FSU. They'd probably prefer Miami or GT for rivalry purposes. The only thing that would make them more happy to beat Miami twice would be to somehow get to do the same thing to Florida.

And if they win out, it won't matter who they play in the ACC Championship game, so more fun to play a traditional rival.

Who cares about rival? lol Top 5 defenses going at it thats why.
So long as the champ game is in North Carolina regardless is fine for me.. stupid that they moved it last year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)