2017-18 NCAA Football Thread

Indiana wasn't bad last year and was competitive in their losses.

OSU is probably just starting flat. Although being a home game for Indiana and a Thursday night primetime probably plays in as well.

Never can tell what will happen off the bat.

Reactions: Scherrman
Indiana wasn't bad last year and was competitive in their losses.

OSU is probably just starting flat. Although being a home game for Indiana and a Thursday night primetime probably plays in as well.

Never can tell what will happen off the bat.

This is why I don't like to bet games in the first week of football. Way too many questions.

I like Indiana in this game.. pulled from them from the start and as long as they hang in there close - that shows alot for them and shows how over rated Ohio state is.

I like Indiana in this game.. pulled from them from the start and as long as they hang in there close - that shows alot for them and shows how over rated Ohio state is.
The dvr kiss of death.

This doesn't appear that it is going to finish close.

The dvr kiss of death.

This doesn't appear that it is going to finish close.

Well I mean it doesn't really matter - Indiana played a great game I think. They aren't that good but really put pressure on Ohio St whom everyone thought would just come out and run away with the game.
Its certainly gotten out of hand now as I think certain things caused Indiana to slow down (Ohio st player faking a injury)
Yeah I just don't buy their ranking at all and if you are watching the same game I'm not sure how you could avoid agreeing with me.
Top 15 maybe... but no way #2

It's funny how everyone complains how early polls mean nothing as we don't know how good teams are, then use then to justify a team as over rated after they run away with a game.

Who would you rank above them, and why?

Reactions: Gobucks
It's funny how everyone complains how early polls mean nothing as we don't know how good teams are, then use then to justify a team as over rated after they run away with a game.

Who would you rank above them, and why?

I'm just giving my opinion here based on the same game you watched also.. I'm entitled right or do I even need to bother posting here anymore?
Top 15 - never gave a position but certainly not #2 - Take every rank right now and just move Ohio state off #2 and up to say #15 if you want..that is where I would stick them based on what we know right now.

Where would you put them based on every rank as is right now?

I honestly have no idea , but based on last season, what the lost, and their recruiting over the past few years, and the game tonight, hard to argue that they aren't deserving of where they are at.

They are having are having little trouble so far.

Reactions: Jimbo
And my apologies. It was just a question.

Nothing that should make you feel that you should not post here.

Jimbo, what's your thoughts so far?

I fully expect the buckeyes to come back and even win convincingly
Sorry, wasn't online ...

I was watching the game and saying, man is this secondary YOUNG ...
They couldn't cover anyone in the 1st half ...
Don't know what they said at half time but from like the 10 minute mark in the 3rd on, it was all Buckeyes ...

Btw, I REALLY like RB Dobbins.

Well I mean it doesn't really matter - Indiana played a great game I think. They aren't that good but really put pressure on Ohio St whom everyone thought would just come out and run away with the game.
Its certainly gotten out of hand now as I think certain things caused Indiana to slow down (Ohio st player faking a injury)
Yeah I just don't buy their ranking at all and if you are watching the same game I'm not sure how you could avoid agreeing with me.
Top 15 maybe... but no way #2
Wow ...

Indiana played very well in the 1st half and has a very good recvr in Cobbs.
Indiana did NOT put pressure on tOSU in the second half.
Ya, SOMETHING caused Indiana to slow down, it was Ohio State ...

Half time score was 14-13 Indiana
Final was 49-21 Buckeyes

Thats 35-8 in the 2nd half.

Yup, over rated ...
You seem to not know how teams handle themselves when they have 10 new starters playing for the 1st time ... they don't always look great in the beginning ... Once you get a few games under you, you start to learn how to play with each other ...

Almost all of Indiana's Offense was back from last year.

Really don't see the big deal, close at half and the better team romps in the second half. Happens all the time. Never judge teams or a game on the first half alone, especially in an opener.

That is true.. things can swing. But like all the talk today about game there are a ton of questions with regards to that receiver unit and the QB even to this day.
I'd put them much higher than 2 for sure.
Will really see how well they hold up next week for sure - if they play as they did last night then...well it won't end the same way.

OU lost a lot to the draft and Graduation. Will wait till after tomorrow's game to see what they have now. Practices I've seen look good but practice and game situations are different beasts. OSU needs some to step up too. Tulsa lost so much from last year the Pokes mistakes didn't hurt them last night.

I'm just giving my opinion here based on the same game you watched also.. I'm entitled right or do I even need to bother posting here anymore?
Top 15 - never gave a position but certainly not #2 - Take every rank right now and just move Ohio state off #2 and up to say #15 if you want..that is where I would stick them based on what we know right now.

Where would you put them based on every rank as is right now?
So, everyone moves up a spot ?
What happens when the next team doesn't meet YOUR expectations ? Do they move down as well or stay there so you can justify your continued Buckeye bashing ?

It doesn't matter how you respond, the Buckeyes would move down before the game according to your astute reasoning .... you would start them maybe top 15 it sounds like.... thats fine, but there are not 14 others better.
Also, how many points would they have to win by for you to say, ya they are good .... they have an entire defensive backfield that moved on to the NFL, you have to replace them sometime, you cannot get aread on anyone in the first 4-5 games till they start to identify themselves.

I guess in your eyes they should have been up oh, about 21-0 by the 10 minute mark in the 1st quarter ...
Lets give Indiana credit here, they came out with a Quick passing game because they knew the QB couldn't hold the ball long with the D line coming hard.
It worked well because they have pretty good recvrs, the Cobb guy is 6'5" being covered (if you want to call it that) by a young guy whos 5'10", hes gonna get beat often, and he did, but he also came to play in the second half.

I can't help it that your expectations of a team is so far off the charts that you cannot accept play in the first 30 minutes of the season.

Glad I don't look at Michigan like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)