2017-18 NCAA Football Thread

What saves me is I moved into club seats last season. I'm on an open air terrace, so its still hot but they added misters and have fans, and I get free food (good stuff) and adult beverages the whole time. So it eases the pain lol.
I looked at that for the last game we went to last year, but tickets for the three of us would have been around $1500. Just for that game.

Just can't justify it when I can watch at home. Lol

At least we're not suffering the 60 degree weather that they have in Columbus this Saturday. That November "cold" weather has got to be brutal. ;)

2017-11-02 09-06-44_Weather in Columbus - AccuWeather Forecast for OH 43215.jpg

OUCH!

FSU's are bearable, I spend about $4000 a season for 2 tickets so I attend as many as I can. Heading out for Cuse tomorrow, this point it is just morbid curiosity to see how confused the coaches and players will be next lol.

OUCH!

FSU's are bearable, I spend about $4000 a season for 2 tickets so I attend as many as I can. Heading out for Cuse tomorrow, this point it is just morbid curiosity to see how confused the coaches and players will be next lol.
ouch, $2000 a piece, I'd be going to as many as I can as well. Mine were about $300/ea.
Not great seats, actually not good, but like I said, they're out of the sun.

Mine in the bowl were $325 each a season, which was great. The club is a whole nother level of fun. It opens 4 hours before the kick and there is a sports bar on the 4th, so I head in and hang out there so I can watch warmups, etc... If the game is later in the day, we go in and watch the football games on. Plus getting in and out of the stadium takes me like 5 minutes LOL. We have to pay for beer and booze, but everything else is free and they have some fine food. By far the laziest and most comfortable way to watch a game, which makes it worth it, plus when I bring friends I do not have to scramble making it so we are together seating wise, the area I have 4 people can sit/stand at.

All in all, I think two seats where I have mine and booster fees, it costs me $5300/year. Plus I usually donate a little more to basketball and baseball. People around here in mobile make a big deal out of it, but I do not hunt, I do not own a boat, and there is where a lot of folks disposable income goes lol. We do Mardi Gras and Football.

Reactions: Ronnie- and Derwin0
Mine in the bowl were $325 each a season, which was great. The club is a whole nother level of fun. It opens 4 hours before the kick and there is a sports bar on the 4th, so I head in and hang out there so I can watch warmups, etc... If the game is later in the day, we go in and watch the football games on. Plus getting in and out of the stadium takes me like 5 minutes LOL. We have to pay for beer and booze, but everything else is free and they have some fine food. By far the laziest and most comfortable way to watch a game, which makes it worth it, plus when I bring friends I do not have to scramble making it so we are together seating wise, the area I have 4 people can sit/stand at.

All in all, I think two seats where I have mine and booster fees, it costs me $5300/year. Plus I usually donate a little more to basketball and baseball. People around here in mobile make a big deal out of it, but I do not hunt, I do not own a boat, and there is where a lot of folks disposable income goes lol. We do Mardi Gras and Football.
Once the kids are grown, I might look at club level seats. For now though, I can't justify buying 5 of them.

I looked at that for the last game we went to last year, but tickets for the three of us would have been around $1500. Just for that game.

Just can't justify it when I can watch at home. Lol

Just for reference. These weren't big game tickets. It was Kent State....

The success we have had lately has made the ticket prices ridiculous.

In 05 and 06 I got season tickets for around $1700 for two. Decent seats as well.

Those same would go 4 times that now.

And there is still a waiting list.

I'd hate to see what seats in "The Zone" would run for the season.

Just for reference. These weren't big game tickets. It was Kent State....

The success we have had lately has made the ticket prices ridiculous.

In 05 and 06 I got season tickets for around $1700 for two. Decent seats as well.

Those same would go 4 times that now.

And there is still a waiting list.

I'd hate to see what seats in "The Zone" would run for the season.

The lucky thing about FSU is we are further away from a large city than most teams, and the Alumni live far out too. Most of our season ticket holders have long travel distances (they do surveys), so it keeps the cost down. The hotels have their butt probes out though...

Iowa games are always a roller coaster when it comes to weather. September games are usually hot and in the 80's/90's but feels worse in the stadium. October can be really nice or it could snow. Last week it was in the upper 30's for the game and this week it will be rainy and in the 50's. November can bring temps close to zero. I've been there for their hottest games and coldest.

Reactions: Ronnie-
The lucky thing about FSU is we are further away from a large city than most teams, and the Alumni live far out too. Most of our season ticket holders have long travel distances (they do surveys), so it keeps the cost down. The hotels have their butt probes out though...
GT is in a larger city than most teams, but most of the people here are fans of UGA, so that cuts down on the numbers getting season tickets. :D

GT is in a larger city than most teams, but most of the people here are fans of UGA, so that cuts down on the numbers getting season tickets. :D
Makes sense too. I know a guy with both season tickets to bama and auburn, and he is about to cancel his auburn tickets because the way they are treating their boosters is kinda "too big for their britches". You gotta be careful with that.

Here is my Sat forecast, hot lol

Plenty of sunshine
RealFeel®
High: 87° Low: 61°

Then why did Ohio St. cancel the home/home series with Georgia?

Ohio St. nixes Georgia home-and-home series

Didn't they use the excuse that they had to play a Pac 12 team those years?
Why not cancel a game with the Sisters of the Blind A&M? Nope, Ohio St. backed out of the Georgia series instead. I guess Ohio St. isn't able to play more than one P5 team, even though Georgia (who plays an ACC team every year) had no problem doing that.

I wish they would play more of the big guys. At least they don't play any 1AA teams.

Of course no big team, at least from the SEC would do that. October is strictly conference play, with the schedule and date set by the conference. Not much they can do to change that.

Even then, the average highs for the state in October is in the 60s with average lows in the 40s. Hardly a factor in deciding not to play there even if the conference schedule allowed it.

And yes, financial gain for Bama. If it were two neutral site games it would have been a financial gain for the Spartans as well. Strictly a business move, as before these games became the cash cows they are, Bama did fairly regular home and homes with other big schools.

Now they take a payday. Looking at the revenue they bring in, it is a good move to make from that standpoint.

Edit: Money was the main factor I would guess, but at the time Bama backed out of the series the conference was also looking into going to an extra conference game. That also played a role in the decision, although a smaller one.
They could play someone other than a 1AA team in November.

Like I said Ohio State rewards their fans by playing home and home.

They could play someone other than a 1AA team in November.

Like I said Ohio State rewards their fans by playing home and home.
They could, but they apparently see the benefit of having that big game to kick off the season.

I've grown accustomed to it, and while I have said I would prefer a home and home as a fan, I prefer having the big game to start the season than swapping the late year cupcake to the start.

Im sure both schools are doing what they feel is best for their respective programs.

Reactions: Gobucks
Then why did Ohio St. cancel the home/home series with Georgia?

Ohio St. nixes Georgia home-and-home series

Didn't they use the excuse that they had to play a Pac 12 team those years?
Why not cancel a game with the Sisters of the Blind A&M? Nope, Ohio St. backed out of the Georgia series instead. I guess Ohio St. isn't able to play more than one P5 team, even though Georgia (who plays an ACC team every year) had no problem doing that.
I don't know why the Big Ten got tied into that deal with the Pac 12.
Its a dumb idea as far as I'm concerned ....
I'd rather play Georgia.

It explains in the article why it happened.

Reactions: Gobucks
Yes, the explanation was they didn't want to play both a Pac 12 team and an SEC team. Funny how Georgia has no problem playing more than 1 P5 team every year.
Ohio State typically plays a Top P5 team, a local MAC team (keeps money in the state to the other team) and one other ...

NASCAR 2017

MLB 2017 Season

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)