2017-18 NCAA Football Thread

Thanks God I don't have to drive anywhere near Atlanta to go to work. Between the game on Monday, but fan bases being driving distance, and the President going to the game, traffic is going to be horrendous.

btw, GO DAWGS! :D

Today is the FCS !AA championship. North Dakota State vs James Madison. The only team I've seen a few times is NDS always good who could compete and beat many FBS 1-A teams. James Madison is also good just haven't watched.

Thanks God I don't have to drive anywhere near Atlanta to go to work. Between the game on Monday, but fan bases being driving distance, and the President going to the game, traffic is going to be horrendous.

btw, GO DAWGS! :D

Bad traffic in Atlanta? That is unusual.

Reactions: satjay
Seriously, what is it with Football Championships and ice storms?
When they had the Super Bowl in Atlanta, we got hit with an ice storm.

Guess what they're calling for today?
yup, ice... :eeek

All the Atlanta schools and several metro school districts closed for the day due to the weather.
Thankfully the game is in a dome though. So I'll still be able to watch the Dawgs beat the tide.

Go Dawgs!

Well, today is the day. Roll Tide!

That said, no matter which way it goes, I wont be too disappointed. Always had alot of respect for Coach Smart, and the Georgia program. Were they playing anyone else, I would be pulling hard for them.

I don't even know who to root for. I guess Georgia is underdog but I favor the tougher SEC west where Aggies play. I'll decide during the game I guess and say best team win.

Someone sent me this, based on all the schools closing today because of the ice we're supposed to get.

26195350_10213644814707101_3629848429282989433_n.jpg

edit: Turns out we got no ice. Already 40 degrees, and rain hadn't hit. So big "scare for nothing", making the above picture very much true. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Foxbat and stmcld
Dawgs dominant first half 13-0. I'm little surprised too. You can see in player effort who wants it more.
But still isn't over with full half to play.

From what I read, fans are PISSED .... as its raining outside and security was causing over 2 hour delays in getting into the stadium.
The President came in Gate 1, so they CLOSED that gate for 45 minutes to an hour, causing issues at other gates.

People are saying they waited over 2 hours to get inside.

That ridiculous.

Dawgs dominant first half 13-0.
But still isn't close to over with full half to play.
LOng way to go, but Georgia has played very well, as you said they dominated the 1st half ...

I was wondering if the Georgia RB Michel was gonna get the same type of plays he had against Oklahoma and YES he has had openings to run thru !

That guy is super quick.

Hopefully we don't have a 45-60 minute half time ....
Some of us would like to see the rest of this game ... having to get up for work early sux in this instance.

Wow, Saban pulls Hurts and puts in the freshman QB and he moves them right down the field.
I'm thinking that Mr. Hurts is done as a Bama Starting QB.

Fwiw, Bama on the series before that one got a lot of breaks ... first a blocked punt that got called back for off sides, but they missed the Movement on Bama's side.

Then on Georgia's drive they missed an obvious face mask that would have been a 1st down ... instead Bama got the stop and then brought in the Freshman QB.

Bama has dominated the 4th quarter, pinning Georgia deep and the Defense has been making plays ...
All tied at 20 .... Bama gets the ball moves tha ball down for the winning FG, 20 yards or so, and the kicker pulled it and we go to OT.

Bama wins in OT as Georgia defense cornerback forgets to cover guy and he goes wide open to the endzone ....

Epic fail on the last play.

Amazing bringing in freshman QB at half and pulling it off. I really felt for the bama kicker who basically lost it. Glad he didn't get put on the spot again and fail, it may have ruined him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)