2019-20 NCAA Football Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Surprised to see the committee put Georgia over Alabama, since Alabama's only loss was to undefeated LSU and Georgia's was to 4-loss South Carolina who just lost to Appalachian State. I guess they want to build up the hype for the SEC Championship.

IMO, #4 should have gone to undefeated Minnesota who just handed Penn State their first loss.
Georgia has the better wins ... 2 ranked teams so far.
Bama really hasn't beat any ranked teams, that counts for something.

You don't think they can handle Big Games ?

In reality, if a National game came up north, it would probably be in Indy ...
No one wants to play up north though ... and sadly fans don't want to come north ... ala SB in Detroit.
Did they bid on one? The National Championship game is up for bid every year, nothing stops those northern cities from bidding.

LSU plays 3 Non Ranked teams the rest of the way before the championship game ...

Ohio State plays 2 more RANKED teams ...
Which still won't be equal to the number of ranked teams that LSU will have played (especially in the top 10).

Georgia has the better wins ... 2 ranked teams so far.
Bama really hasn't beat any ranked teams, that counts for something.

Technically Aggies were ranked going into the game with 2 losses Clemson and Auburn. After the loss to Bama, they dropped out of the rankings. How about this schedule. Clemson, Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, LSU. Has anyone had a tougher one?

Technically Aggies were ranked going into the game with 2 losses Clemson and Auburn. After the loss to Bama, they dropped out of the rankings. How about this schedule. Clemson, Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, LSU. Has anyone had a tougher one?
I don't consider a teams ranking at the time they play, especially early rankings as those are worthless. What matters is what those teams have done since.

And losing to ranked teams means nothing, because anyone can do that.

CFP Rankings 11/19/19

1. LSU 10-0
2. Ohio State 10-0
3. Clemson 11-0
4. Georgia 9-1

5. Alabama 9-1
6. Oregon 9-1
7. Utah 9-1
8. Penn State 9-1
9. Oklahoma 9-1
10. Minnesota 9-1
11. Florida 9-2
12. Wisconsin 8-2
13. Michigan 8-2
14. Baylor 9-1
15. Auburn 7-3
16. Notre Dame 8-2
17. Iowa 7-3
18. Memphis 9-1
19. Cincinnati 9-1
20. Boise State 9-1
21. Oklahoma State 7-3
22. Iowa State 6-4
23. USC 7-4
24. Appalachian State 9-1
25. SMU 9-1

Rumor from a CBS media person, is speculating that (2) Ohio State will move to #1 this week by passing (1) LSU after beating (8) Penn State ... while LSU won, they are about to lose a win a against a ranked team as Texas lost again and may be dropping out of the Top 25.

Well see.

My opinion, it could happen, but I'm not expecting it to happen.

Ohio State controlled most of thier game, but it did get interesting when Penn State worked thier way back in to it trailing 21-17 ...
Buckeyes uncharacteristically fumbled 3 times otherwise it would not have been anywhere as close for a final (1 fumble was going into the endzone for a TD)
Final was 28-17

It was a little sloppy, but was played in the rain with the temps in the 30's.

The Buckeyes I think played the game a bit tight to the vest offensively, we were all watching and wondering why they weren't calling plays the way they have in the last 10 games ...
The won, but it was Not thier best effort.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
I’m expecting Ohio State to go to the #1 position this week too. It’s the next two weeks that will determine a lot, with end of season rivalries for some teams and division champs playing in conference championships.

That said, one team I won’t mention only has to play one game for a good chance at a final four spot plus a bye week before. Something screwed up with the system don’t you think?

Reactions: Howard Simmons
I’m expecting Ohio State to go to the #1 position this week too. It’s the next two weeks that will determine a lot, with end of season rivalries for some teams and division champs playing in conference championships.

That said, one team I won’t mention only has to play one game for a good chance at a final four spot plus a bye week before. Something screwed up with the system don’t you think?
I really have been thinking that they (everyone) should do away with Divisions .... (like what the Big 12 is doing)

This way it doesn't punish a very good team in a strong conference that would end up being better than the team on the other side that happened to win its side of the conference ...

Such as, all though I think Minnesota is having a fine year, I do not think that if they played Penn State for example that Minnesota would win 2 out of 3, or however many you want to play ...

Penn State in this instance gets penalized for the one bad game they had .... against Minnesota.

Same thing happens in the sec for the most part, you usually have Georgia in the east and thats about it .... this year theres more than that, but in most cases, so Georgia is in ... Bama usually is the Top team in the West, what about LSU on its good sometimes Great years, or Auburn ... Both may be able to beat Georgia (who won the other side) or someone else if it wasn't Georgia.
Take Florida this year ... how many REALLY think they are better than LSU and could beat them for the Conference Championship. Or could they beat the 2nd best West team, Bama .... if these teams played again.

This is why I would rather do away with the Divisions .... Problem is, it get very diluted when you have more then 10-12 teams.

Reactions: mccoyrj

I think its gonna be Ohio State/ LSU (either way) and Clemson and ............. Georgia (because of the Love the sec gets) or Utah.
I don't think Baylor or Oklahoma have enough to make it.
If Utah, it would finally get the Pac 12 in again ....
Or Penn State ... I think they would go before Minnesota ... provided the Buckeyes win out.

I think its gonna be Ohio State/ LSU (either way) and Clemson and ............. Georgia (because of the Love the sec gets) or Utah.
I don't think Baylor or Oklahoma have enough to make it.
If Utah, it would finally get the Pac 12 in again ....
Or Penn State ... I think they would go before Minnesota ... provided the Buckeyes win out.

Things will definitely start to get interesting this weekend.

I don't consider a teams ranking at the time they play, especially early rankings as those are worthless. What matters is what those teams have done since.

And losing to ranked teams means nothing, because anyone can do that.
How can you not go by what they were rated at the time ?

You gonna wait till the end of the season and then look ?

Fwiw, Ohio State has 5 Ranked teams (4 of which they have beat and TTUN coming up that is ranked).
LSU currently has 4, that probably will drop to 3 if Texas drops out this week, with Texas A&M coming up.
Clemson only has 1 and thats T A&M which is not ranked any longer, so thats a zero.
Bama has 1 loss against a ranked team (LSU) and a win against a then ranked T A&M that is no longer, so that makes it zero.
Georgia has 3 wins and potential for a 4th this weekend.

Reactions: mccoyrj

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)